2011-12 Divisional Round - Football Pool

Rael

Supper's Ready
PLAYOFFS - DIVISIONAL ROUND
Four games to determine who advances to the Championship round next week.

View attachment 2011-12 Divisional Round Line.pdf

Brackets
- Number 1 seed Softballkid hosts number 8 seed OldHillcrestGuy.
- Second seed thurley42 hosts 7th seed Merlin99.
- Third seed puggymom hosts 6th seed donbarzini
- Fourth seed retiredweaxman hosts fifth seed homedepot20.

Same rules as last week in the Wildcard Round.

All picks must be either posted or pm'd to me by midnight Friday, Jan 13th (changes may be made up until the first kick-off, though). No changes for any games will be allowed (Sat or Sun) once the first kick-off begins on Saturday, Jan 14th (around 4:30 p.m.).

- 8 initial choices to make this week
- a team pick for each game based upon the spread (4 total)
- whether the total points scored will be "over or under" the listed total points for each game (4 total). Any pushes will be zero points for both contenders.

2. After making your eight picks, assign your confidence level to each of them from eight (your most confident pick) down to one (your least confident pick). 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 must all be assigned. Adding them up, this equates to 36 possible points for you this week.

All I need from you is your 4 team picks, your 4 overs/unders, and the 8 confidence numbers you assign to each.

Tiebreakers: In the event of a tie, I'll use the following order to determine a winner:
1. Cumulative playoff points
2. Total number of regular season points scored
3. Total number of regular season five point picks
4. Coin toss

Good luck, all...

:buddies:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Do we post our picks here? No, I'm not pm'n them to you, I never did it before, and I will not do it now... I'M HARD LIKE THAT!!!! :lmao:

Unless you prefer them that way, I will do both :yay:

thurley42

HY;FR
Ratbirds 8 under 5
Saints 7 over 6
Packers 4 under 1
Patriots 3 under 2

Good Luck Merlin!! :buddies:

Last edited:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
49ers 3.5 Saints 5 47.5 Over 6

Pats -13.5 Broncos 7 50.5 Under 3

Ravens -8.5 Texans 8 35.5 Under 4

Packers -8.5 Giants 2 52.5 Over 1

Good luck everyone :cheers:

R

retiredweaxman

Holy crap!!!

HD20 and I have the exact same picks with the exception of DEN/NE. I went under and he went over.

Looks like we will know who moves on to the next round after the late game tonight...

Rael

Supper's Ready
Holy crap!!!

HD20 and I have the exact same picks with the exception of DEN/NE. I went under and he went over.

Looks like we will know who moves on to the next round after the late game tonight...

Fairly tight picks all across with a few exceptions. pug and don have the best chance of duking it out until the end. Except for them, I'm thinking we'll know who advances before the last game is played tomorrow for sure. In yours and hd20's case, you're right, it could be tonight.

R

retiredweaxman

Fairly tight picks all across with a few exceptions. pug and don have the best chance of duking it out until the end. Except for them, I'm thinking we'll know who advances before the last game is played tomorrow for sure. In yours and hd20's case, you're right, it could be tonight.

The only other game that would really help my cause (or HD20's) is the NO/SF game over/under. HD made the pick a 4er where I made it a 1er. If the game ends up under (we both went over), I basically pick up 3 points on HD (or don't lose 3 however you want to look at it). Our NY/GB has a 2 point difference - the remainder of games are 1 point differences...

0-0 towards the end of the 1st quarter...oooops SF TD...

R

retiredweaxman

I should be up +3 on you after Game 1 ! :buddies:

HD20 - you are correctamundo...the NE/DEN game's over/under will pretty much decide our match up. I went 5 points on the under and you went 1 point on the over.

Tomorrow's match ups have you maxxing out 2 points more than me (I think).

R

retiredweaxman

It looks like the Devil child Brady has done me in...a record 5 TDs in the 1st half...

42 points in the 1st 30 minutes and the over/under is 50.5. It looks like I am toast.

Good match up HD20. Looks like you got me this year. Good luck the rest of the way.