2011-12 Divisional Round - Football Pool

homedepot20

It looks like the Devil child Brady has done me in...a record 5 TDs in the 1st half...

42 points in the 1st 30 minutes and the over/under is 50.5. It looks like I am toast.

Good match up HD20. Looks like you got me this year. Good luck the rest of the way.

Its not over yet ! Pats could go in conservative mode and run out the clock in 2nd half and not score :whistle:

donbarzini

Fairly tight picks all across with a few exceptions. pug and don have the best chance of duking it out until the end. Except for them, I'm thinking we'll know who advances before the last game is played tomorrow for sure. In yours and hd20's case, you're right, it could be tonight.

The way I'm counting, it comes down to the spread on the Texans/Ravens. Whichever one of us wins that is uncatchable because we both picked the Packers for 3.

Rael

Supper's Ready
The way I'm counting, it comes down to the spread on the Texans/Ravens. Whichever one of us wins that is uncatchable because we both picked the Packers for 3.

:yeahthat:

Of the 16 possible outcomes, the only way for you or puggymom to win is determined by your picks for which team wins the Texans/Ravens game.

And if my numbers are right....

Congrats to homedepot20 for advancing. There were a few close possibilities in the remaining games, but he edged out retiredweaxman in all 16 outcomes.

Merlin has 75% edge going into day 2 over thurley42. thurley needs the Ravens and under to win. All other outcomes go to Merlin.

OHCG and Sbk are fairly even. OHCG has 9/16 chances to Sbk's 7/16. It can come down to the last open win or over/under.

Good luck . :buddies:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
:yeahthat:

Of the 16 possible outcomes, the only way for you or puggymom to win is determined by your picks for which team wins the Texans/Ravens game.

And if my numbers are right....

Congrats to homedepot20 for advancing. There were a few close possibilities in the remaining games, but he edged out retiredweaxman in all 16 outcomes.

Merlin has 75% edge going into day 2 over thurley42. thurley needs the Ravens and under to win. All other outcomes go to Merlin.

OHCG and Sbk are fairly even. OHCG has 9/16 chances to Sbk's 7/16. It can come down to the last open win or over/under.

Good luck . :buddies:

Our Packers / Giants game is a complete wash no matter what the outcome.

donbarzini

So I've got all my eggs in a basket being carried by a quarterback who played in the ACC.........

:buttkick:

me puggymom

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
So the only way it seems that I can move on, is for the gnats to cover/win, an the total points stays under.... good grief, this is gonna be a stressful game to watch :lol:

Rael

Supper's Ready
So the only way it seems that I can move on, is for the gnats to cover/win, an the total points stays under.... good grief, this is gonna be a stressful game to watch :lol:

(The way I see it)...The only way you don't advance is if the Packers win and it's an over.

Congrats to donbarzini and Merlin99 for advancing to the championship round. Depending upon what happens in the Packers/Giants game will determine the match=ups for next week.

If top-seeded Softballkid wins, he'll host seed 7. Merlin99 while fifth seed homedepot20 hosts sixth seed donbarzini.

If OldHillcrestGuy wins the divisional round, fifth seed homedepot20 will face 8th seed OldHillcrestGuy while 6th seed donbarzini hosts 7th seed Merlin99.

:buddies:

homedepot20

(The way I see it)...The only way you don't advance is if the Packers win and it's an over.

If top-seeded Softballkid wins, he'll host seed 7. Merlin99 while fifth seed homedepot20 hosts sixth seed donbarzini.

If OldHillcrestGuy wins the divisional round, fifth seed homedepot20 will face 8th seed OldHillcrestGuy while 6th seed donbarzini hosts 7th seed Merlin99.

:coffee: So I'll be hosting either my Nascar rivial OldHillCrestguy:buddies: or my Super Bowl XLIV rivial DonBarzini :buddies:! Both are tough competitors.

Rael

Supper's Ready
As I see it you're winning 24 to 21 right now. Maybe Rael will tell me how I'm miscounting.

I'm showing you leading 16 - 14 over thurley right now without considering this Giants/Packers game..

Merlin99
49ers/Saints Over 6
Patriots 7
Pats/Broncos Over 3
=16

thurley42
49ers/Saints Over 6
Patriots 3
Ravens/TexansUnder 5
=14

Rael

Supper's Ready
As I see it you're winning 24 to 21 right now. Maybe Rael will tell me how I'm miscounting.

I think I figured it out. If the Saints pick won, the score would be what you said. But they didn't, the 49ers won. 49ers were getting 3.5 points. They even won by more than 3.5 points. :buddies:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm showing you leading 16 - 14 over thurley right now without considering this Giants/Packers game..

Merlin99
49ers/Saints Over 6
Patriots 7
Pats/Broncos Over 3
=16

thurley42
49ers/Saints Over 6
Patriots 3
Ravens/TexansUnder 5
=14
I see where I made my mistake, the Ravens won, but didn't cover the spread.

OldHillcrestGuy

Dang Ravens game cost me from continuing on, if Houston hadnt missed that field goal, this game would have gone over.

Thanks Rael for all you do. :buddies:

donbarzini

DonBarzini :buddies: Good Luck next week ! If I remember right you gave me a good challenge in the Super Bowl round 2 years ago !

Good Luck to you as well sir. I remember it more as a good old fashioned a$$-kicking, where you pretty much wiped the floor with me. So I'm looking for no small measure of revenge.

:buddies: