2024 Elections - Republicans

Clem72

W

Ron DeSantis Drops to Fourth Place in Latest New Hampshire Polling

August 21, 2023 | Sundance | 297 Comments

The Florida Governor is in a pickle and this poll was taken before Ron DeSantis called the Trump supporters “listless vessels.” According to the latest GOP polling from New Hampshire [Data Here] the insufferable DeSantis has dropped to fourth place behind President Trump, Chris Christie, and Vivek Ramaswamy.

[SOURCE]

Fox News and the RNC are furious that President Trump will not attend the first-loser debate in Wisconsin tomorrow.
On behalf of Rupert Murdoch and the Sea Island crew, Brett Baier must hold deep angst that he will not be able to support the Special Counsel Jack Smith effort by peppering Trump with legal questions about the ongoing cases. Baier was almost certainly going to use the opportunity with Mike Pence on the stage to grill Trump about J6 and documents at Mar-a-Lago. Now the DOJ will have to look for another approach.
Who is voting Chris Christie? They take this poll in New Jersey?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 What should be a very exciting story slipped under the radar this week. For some reason, conservative media ignored the important story, which you’d think conservatives would want to know all about, and you’re going to like a lot. Instead it was mainly covered only in woke media.

image 13.png

Politico ran one of the stories this week mysteriously headlined, “Too Hot For the Heritage Foundation!” The imponderable sub-headline added to the mystery: “In the Trump-era GOP civil war, a pair of scholars at the think tank signed the wrong manifesto.”

Politico’s story is a nearly incomprehensible mishmash of complaints about Heritage, gossip, and descriptions of insider conflicts between conservatives that are wholly uninteresting unless you know the people they’re talking about.

But the article swirled dramatically around a $22 million dollar Heritage Foundation project called “Project 2025.”

A couple months ago, when the Project first surfaced on liberal radar, a frantic New York Times article labeled it as a “conservative version of Linked-In:”

Think of it as a right-wing LinkedIn. This so-called Project 2025 — part of a $22 million presidential transition operation at a scale never attempted before in conservative politics — is being led by the Heritage Foundation, a group that has been staffing Republican administrations since the Reagan era.

Heritage usually compiles its own personnel lists, and spends far less doing so. But for this election, after conservatives and Mr. Trump himself decried what they viewed as terrible staffing decisions made during his administration, more than 50 conservative groups have temporarily set aside rivalries to team up with Heritage on the project, set to start Friday.

They have already identified several thousand potential recruits and have set a goal of having up to 20,000 potential administration officials in their database by the end of 2024, according to Kevin Roberts, the president of Heritage. Heritage has contracted the technology company Oracle to build a secure personnel database, Dr. Roberts said.

“In 2016, the conservative movement was not prepared to flood the zone with conservative personnel,” Dr. Roberts said. “On Jan. 20, 2025, things will be very different. This database will prepare an army of vetted, trained staff to begin dismantling the administrative state from Day 1.”

Heritage and its project partners have already briefed Mr. Trump and Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida and their teams, Dr. Roberts said.

Although most conservatives have never heard of this encouraging plan, the leftwing media is calling it the worst thing that has ever happened, a million times worse than Adolph Hitler. Far-left influencers are sounding the alarm, like this self-described trans “super villain” and “heretical Christian,” who sees Project 25 as literally ending America:

image 11.png

Wednesday, the Lincoln Project’s co-founder Reed Galen described Project 2025 as a direct threat to democracy:

image 12.png

CLIP: Reed Galen complaining about Project 2025 (0:43.)

Finally, a Mother Jones article run last week and written by owner David Corn himself finds a rising conservative dictatorship in Heritage’s project:

image 10.png

Corn connected Heritage’s Project 2025 to Trump’s developing plan to replace vast numbers of deep state termites on his first day in office:

These plans include altering the rules governing the civil service so that tens of thousands of federal workers—maybe more—would be subject to immediate dismissal by the White House. That would mean that Trump could fire employees at federal agencies who do not pledge their loyalty to Trump—or who question the legality or appropriateness of White House directives…

Dozens of conservative outfits—led by the Heritage Foundation—have banded together to produce what they call Project 2025, which has released a 1,000-page report, Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise, which provides a blueprint for a wannabe-White-House-autocrat. Their proposals include removing protections for federal employees so perhaps as many as 50,000 could be fired and replaced with Trump (or Republican) loyalists. This would be done under the banner of annihilating the supposed “deep state” bureaucracy and smashing the “administrative state.”

While it’s impossible to briefly summarize Heritage’s 1,000 page Mandate for Leadership, here’s the gist: Heritage has assembled a broad coalition of effective conservative organizations and think tanks, has created a practical step-by-step road map for effectively deconstructing the deep state, and has begun compiling a vast database of reliable conservatives to staff federal agency positions to carry out the plan.

And it’s terrifying liberals.

I’m telling you about Project 2025 to encourage you. It means conservatives have not been asleep at the switch, after all. They have not failed to learn the lessons from Trump’s administration, when bad early staffing decisions stymied swamp-draining plans.

Now we just need to get the Republican nominee elected.

LINK: You can read Heritage’s 1,000 page Mandate for Leadership online here or buy it in book form. You should at least take a look at it. You’ll like it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Second GOP Debate Marred By Univision Moderator’s Anti-American HATE and LIES

The second GOP presidential primary debate Wednesday night was a case study in why the Republican Party shouldn’t award debate moderation privileges to hostile and dishonest members of the liberal media. While Fox Business Network occupied two of the moderator positions (Stuart Varney and Dana Perino), the third was given to Univision anchor Ilia Calderón. Her questions were by far the most anti-American and dishonest; ranging from lies about gun violence being “unique” to America to blaming America for the drug trafficking at the southern border, and more.

In a question directed to North Dakota governor Doug Burgum, Calderón peddled the liberal media’s BIG LIE about gun violence: “Mental health concerns are not unique to United States. But gun violence is.”

Back here in reality, Central American and South American countries were some of the most dangerous countries in the world. Their violence was often cited as a primary driver of illegal immigration to the U.S. According to reporting from NPR, those countries have per capita violent gun death rates many times that of the U.S. In 2019, America’s rate was 3.96 while Mexico’s was 16.41 and Calderón’s home country of Colombia had 26.36.

stgislander

PREMO Member
There is something to say that America is, at least partially, to blame for the drug crisis. As long as we continue to provide the demand, they will provide the supply.

Hijinx

There is something to say that America is, at least partially, to blame for the drug crisis. As long as we continue to provide the demand, they will provide the supply.
We treat drug addicts like they are sick instead of locking them up.
They buy and use the drugs illegally, they should be prosecuted for it.

When they overdose they tie up police and emergency medical personnel and the Emergency Room, and they have broken the law and walk out.If a drunk passes out and the law is called they lock him up.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Chris Christie Concedes on MSNBC That His #1 ‘Job’ Is Attacking Trump For the Democrats

There are two varieties of the current GOP crop of con-man: those who refuse to criticize Trump in any meaningful way so as not to upset the Big Guy or his base in the hopes of being selected as his VP or winning some cabinet position. This is the Vivek Ramaswamy breed.

The other is angling for a CNN contract, a book deal, a Cato Institute think tank appointment, or all three after their candidacies inevitably peter out. These candidates aim to please the donor class, which despises Trump and desperately wants anyone other than him to win the nomination — the base’s preference be damned. This individual positions himself as the straight-talking, principled opposition — laughable — telling hard truths about Trump and generally modeling his campaign, to the extent that’s what it is, in the mold of any standard Republican from 1992.

Chris “Kristy Kreme” Christie belongs to this category.

In that role, Joe Scarborough and his ditzy sidekick brought Christie on to their television production to lambast him for not attacking Trump hard enough in the most recent theater performance marketed as a “debate.”

Here’s what Christie said in his defense, via The Wrap (emphasis added):

“Well Mika, what I did last night was take on Donald Trump directly as I have all throughout,” he said, running down a laundry list of things he called out Trump on.
He continued, “You know, I only have so much time Mika, I hit all of those things. And so maybe some of the points you wanted to have hit weren’t hit. But I was trying to be responsive to the questions that were asked.”
That wasn’t good enough for Brzezinski though, who came back to the point about Trump posting on social media, calling for the execution of Mark Milley. But, as she raised her voice, Christie got a bit snappier.
“I talked about that this week on social media. I talked about it on other interviews I did beforehand,” he said tersely. “And I — it’s hard for me to believe that I would come onto your show this morning, after what I did and said last night, and that you have criticisms that I didn’t go after Donald Trump enough. Maybe it’s just too early out here in California for me and I didn’t quite hear what you were saying. But come on.”
In response, Brzezinski raised her voice herself, clarifying that she wasn’t calling out just Christie, but every Republican on the stage. Christie wasn’t having that either though.
“Look, the questions were never asked Mika. I’m not going to sit up here and be defense counsel for the other six candidates,” he snapped. “Because I did my job last night. I was the only one who went directly after Donald Trump and all the issues I just spoke about.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It gets better… Romney’s Mini Me was there, Paul Finger-on-the-Pulse Ryan:

The policy gathering, known as the E2 Summit — so named for “experts and enthusiasts” — was launched by Romney a decade ago, before he became a U.S. senator, and has been helmed by Ryan since 2019.

Romney said he told Ryan that he had no clear answer when Ryan asked him what the conservative movement would look like after Trump. Ryan touched on his own concern that the party is now driven by “populism untethered to principles” and more frequently tethered to “the cult of Donald Trump’s personality.”

Mini Me said of Trump, “[H]e’s 77 years old — and he’s got like 91 counts, and he’s got a shelf life. … Hopefully it’s February, but maybe it’s a little longer.”

Why would anyone who cares about this country support a Paul Ryan who is so craven and self-regarding he gives credibility to the fascist Democrats filing “91” fake indictments against a political opponent?

In a nutshell, the entire problem with the GOP Establishment is laid out above. First, you have two losers bringing together “experts” to solve America’s problems when all we want is the freedom to solve our own problems. Do you honestly believe Ryan and Romney host this annual summit because they care about us? Or do you think that maybe it’s an ego stroke for two guys who blew their shot at the White House?

Nolte: Poor, Sad Mitt Romney Still Trying to Stop Trump

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Team DeSantis and Team Haley Pitch Themselves to the Never Trump Billionaires During Donor Strategy Meeting in Texas​

October 13, 2023 | Sundance | 280 Comments

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis says he can beat Trump …. Nikki Haley says, no, DeSantis is a diminishing meatball now; only her neocon curriculum vitae is strong enough to go against Godzilla Trump. Team DeSantis scoffs… Team Haley sneers…. Can you imagine being a billionaire stupid enough to subject themselves to this nonsense?

The R.A.T coalition (Republicans Against Trump) is so desperate, they held a strategy session with DeSantis and Haley to decide which one of them would carry the banner of most approved & purchased candidate. And the candidates each thought this was a good thing. I just do not understand this level of goofy dissonance.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

New Trump ad claims Hilary Clinton wanted to brainwash voters

The advertisement, posted to his Truth Social account, shows voters lining up to be brainwashed and blindfolded with clips of Clinton praising the work Biden has done.

The clip took a snippet of Clinton’s recent interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour where the former first lady called for a “formal deprogramming” of MAGA — or “Make America Great Again” — “cult members.”

“Maybe there needs to be a formal deprogramming of the cult members,” Clinton said in the interview earlier this month.

“And sadly, so many of those extremists, those MAGA extremists, take their marching orders from Donald Trump, who has no credibility left by any measure,” Clinton added. “He’s only in it for himself.”

The ad also targeted “Bidenomics,” the nickname given to the president’s economic agenda.

“But there’s one small problem. Working Americans aren’t idiots,” the narrator said in the ad. “And they know who’s on their side.”

The video then shows a clip of Trump speaking at a rally about economic issues including inflation, a touchy subject for Trump supporters who often site the economy as one of Biden’s worst handlings.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Trump: U.S. Is ‘More Vulnerable from Inside Terror Attacks Than at Any Time in Its History’

“With the millions of people that Crooked Joe Biden has allowed into the United States through his ridiculous Open Borders Policy, mostly young men, and large numbers of TERRORISTS, the U.S. is more vulnerable from inside terror attacks than at any time in its history, BY FAR!” Trump exclaimed on Truth Social, ending with, “MAGA.”

Trump’s proclamation comes weeks after the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas attacked Israel, murdering at least 1,400 individuals. On October 20, the San Diego Field Office Intelligence Division of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) warned that “individuals inspired by, or reacting to, the current Israel-Hamas conflict may attempt to travel to or from the area of hostilities in the Middle East via circuitous transit across the Southwest border.”

“Foreign fighters motivated by ideology or mercenary soldiers of fortune may attempt to obfuscate travel to or from the US to or from countries in the Middle East through Mexico,” the memo reads in part, listing off possible indicators including military age males, military gear, insignias, associations to Israel, the Palestinian territories, “regional affiliations,” and those with an “undetermined return plan.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Go Home!’: Crowd Boos Asa Hutchinson for Suggesting Felony Conviction of Donald Trump

The former governor of Arkansas, who’s polling at zero percent in the Republican primary race according to the latest Morning Consult data, was delivering a speech at the party’s Florida Freedom Summit when he came after Trump.

“As someone who’s been in the courtroom for 25 years as a federal prosecutor, and also in defending some of the most serious federal criminal cases, I can say that there is a significant likelihood that Donald Trump will be found guilty by a jury on a felony offense,” Hutchinson said.

Loud booing could be heard erupting from the crowd of over 3,000 in footage captured from the event as Hutchinson, who previously served as a U.S. attorney and federal representative, continued.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm sure Trump will be found guilty in all the trials. But I'm also sure he will be cleared on appeal.