2024 - Nikki Haley

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Nikki Haley Is Hillary 2.0

Of all the terrible things about Nikki Haley — her enthusiasm for more foreign war funding, her deference to corporate cultural assault — the cringe-worthy attempts to hype her status as a woman (A mom! A wife!) and Indian (“I’m a minority first!,” “I’m as diverse as it gets!”) are the least offensive. But it’s still really, really bad.

[clip]

It’s only a bonus that she thinks there’s something novel or compelling about being a nonwhite woman. In an interview with Politico published Thursday, Haley was asked about the first GOP presidential debate next week. “The fellas are going to do what the fellas are gonna do,” she said.

See? Because she’s not one of the fellas. She’s a woman! She’s unique! It’s cool!

At the Iowa State Fair last weekend, Haley walked around in a shirt that said, “UNDERESTIMATE ME — THAT’LL BE FUN.”

Get it? She’s a woman! And she’s in the primary up against nothing but men! And she’s a minority! Whoa! Brave!

Also at the fair, she responded to one question by declaring herself “a minority first,” which proved she’s “as diverse as it gets.” (For good measure, she threw in that “minorities are smart.”)

Haley continues to desperately milk the teat of Don Lemon having said on CNN a whole six months ago that she “isn’t in her prime.” At this moment, her campaign’s merchandise store — yes, Nikki Haley swag actually exists — features six items with reference to the “in her prime” remark. A personal favorite is the set of drink can koozies that say, “Past my prime? Hold my beer.”

You go, lady candidate!

Some other fun products include a “women for Nikki” shirt; a T-shirt that says, “If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman” (with the word “woman” in italics); and multiple other items that say, “Sometimes it takes a woman” (a paraphrase of Hillary Clinton’s 2019 bleat, “It often takes a woman…”).

It’s as if Haley is running an experiment to see how hard she can make Republicans wince. During her campaign launch, she said in her speech, “I don’t put up with bullies. And when you kick back, it hurts them more if you’re wearing heels.”

Is Nikki Haley a woman, yes or no? Yes or no. Look at me. SAY IT.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Nikki Haley Bashes Ramaswamy For Saying He’d Cut Aid To Israel

“Vivek Ramaswamy is completely wrong to call for ending America’s special bond with Israel,” Haley said in a statement. “Support for Israel is both the morally right and strategically smart thing to do. Both countries are stronger and safer because of our iron-clad friendship. As president, I will never abandon Israel.”

Haley noted that Ramaswamy had also suggested that he would abandon Taiwan to Communist China if America were no longer reliant on Taiwan for semiconductors. Ramaswamy told radio host Hugh Hewitt last week, “I’m being very clear: Xi Jinping should not mess with Taiwan until we have achieved semiconductor independence, until the end of my first term when I will lead us there. And after that, our commitments to Taiwan, our commitments to be willing to go to military conflict, will change after that, because that’s rationally in our self-interest.”

“This is part of a concerning pattern with Vivek,” Haley said. “Between abandoning Israel, abolishing the FBI, and giving China to Taiwan, his foreign policy proposals have a common theme: they make America less safe.”

SamSpade

Gotta say, some of her remarks regarding Ramaswamy made me look him up - and I don't agree with a lot of it.
I always liked that Trump made it clear to the world - we suppot Israel - if you don't like it, go eff yourself.
Embassy in Jerusalem? Damned straight.
Not worred if you like me or not.

Ramaswamy has an approach that I don't fully agree with - I don't see how we can allow nations like Russia and China to just invade other nations without a challenge - because it's not in our economic interest.

There have been dozens of horrendous human tragedies - atrocities - genocide - that happened because the other nations shook their heads and said, what's in it for me?

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I had liked what he was saying until this ....

Ukraine - Sorry, I JUST DO NOT CARE ... this is a European Issue
Taiwan - this is a global issue do to the Tech Manufacturing serving Global Interests

Israel is the only Democracy In the Middle East ... without our support they cease to exist

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Haley: We Have to ‘Humanize’ Abortion Issue — We’ve Got to Stop ‘Demonizing’ It

“I mean, Ainsley, that’s the answer from my heart,” Haley replied. “You know, I am surrounded by blessings, and God has blessed me with an amazing husband and two wonderful children. But having said that, I think it’s really important that all of us remember everybody has a personal story. So while I’m unapologetically pro-life, I don’t judge anyone for being pro-choice. I think that we have to humanize this issue. We’ve got to stop demonizing this issue.”

“I think the division in this country has gone too far. We have to start looking at the vision going forward. My vision is how do we save as many babies as possible and support as many moms as possible. If that’s the case, be honest with the American people. Tell them what is possible and what’s not possible, and let’s bring people together based on humanity, not based on making people hate each other. And I think it’s happened too long, and I’m just not going to be a part of that. I refuse to be a part of that.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nikki Haley is a cabal whore and I'm not voting for her even if she makes it past the primary, which she won't. She's what I'm doing my small part to fight against, and if that means Joe Biden gets a second term...oh well. She's no better than him because she works for the same people who tell all of them to git and do.

She's a cheap empty suit and it amuses me that anyone still falls for mindless political campaign rhetoric.

SamSpade

I had liked what he was saying until this ....

Ukraine - Sorry, I JUST DO NOT CARE ... this is a European Issue
Taiwan - this is a global issue do to the Tech Manufacturing serving Global Interests

Israel is the only Democracy In the Middle East ... without our support they cease to exist
Knew that about him going in. And why he’s not my guy.

That, plus he’s just a jerk for no reason.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Nikki Haley Urges Republicans To Keep Giving Billions In Support To Ukraine: ‘Don’t Go Pulling Out Now’

“It was a win for Russia and China. They’re celebrating today,” Haley said. “I mean, what we should have had was, Biden should have really pushed hard to acknowledge what he acknowledged a year ago, that Russia invaded a pro-American, freedom-loving country. And that’s a fact. And to deny a fact a year later is giving a win to Russia.”

Tapper then asked if some House Republicans were making a mistake by “fighting to strip $24 billion in aid to Ukraine out of the upcoming government spending bill.”

Haley responded, “I think that you have to look at the fact that 3.5 percent has been spent from our defense budget towards Ukraine. That’s just 3.5 percent. That percentage of GDP, 11 countries have spent more than us.”

“We know that Russia has said, once they take Ukraine, Poland and the Baltics are next, and then you’re looking at a full-on war,” she continued. “What we’re trying to do is prevent war. That’s a pretty good return on investment to prevent war.”

“I think that we need to continue giving them equipment and ammunition with our allies to win,” she said, adding that she did not want to put troops on the ground.

“Republicans and Democrats should not pull an Afghanistan,” Haley continued. “Don’t go pulling out now.”

Clem72

“We know that Russia has said, once they take Ukraine, Poland and the Baltics are next, and then you’re looking at a full-on war,” she continued. “What we’re trying to do is prevent war. That’s a pretty good return on investment to prevent war.”

When did they say that?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Nikki Haley is a cabal whore and I'm not voting for her even if she makes it past the primary, which she won't. She's what I'm doing my small part to fight against, and if that means Joe Biden gets a second term...oh well. She's no better than him because she works for the same people who tell all of them to git and do.

She's a cheap empty suit and it amuses me that anyone still falls for mindless political campaign rhetoric.
I kind of like both of the SC candidates.

SamSpade

I kind of like both of the SC candidates.
I don't DISLIKE Nikki Haley. Had Trump never appeared in 2016, she might make the top of my list.
I'm not fond of her biting the hand that fed her - she's been wishy washy on the whole Trump issue, and I don't trust her.

But based on her command of the issues, experience and knowledge - I don't think she'd be bad for the country.
She just feels like this round's Jeb Bush - establishment Republican we're supposed to like.

I HAVE however, totally soured on Ramaswamy.

BOP

Haley: We Have to ‘Humanize’ Abortion Issue — We’ve Got to Stop ‘Demonizing’ It

“I mean, Ainsley, that’s the answer from my heart,” Haley replied. “You know, I am surrounded by blessings, and God has blessed me with an amazing husband and two wonderful children. But having said that, I think it’s really important that all of us remember everybody has a personal story. So while I’m unapologetically pro-life, I don’t judge anyone for being pro-choice. I think that we have to humanize this issue. We’ve got to stop demonizing this issue.”

“I think the division in this country has gone too far. We have to start looking at the vision going forward. My vision is how do we save as many babies as possible and support as many moms as possible. If that’s the case, be honest with the American people. Tell them what is possible and what’s not possible, and let’s bring people together based on humanity, not based on making people hate each other. And I think it’s happened too long, and I’m just not going to be a part of that. I refuse to be a part of that.”
Pro-choice is not the opposite of Pro-life.

SamSpade

Pro-choice is not the opposite of Pro-life.
They are both euphemisms for supporting abortion and being against abortion.

Democrats may be against school choice - or any number of "choices".
What they MEAN is, they support the institution of abortion.
Republicans may be pro-life - but not so much with regard to the death penalty, war, using deadly force or environmental concerns.
What they MEAN is, they are against the practice of abortion in all or most of its forms.

They are opposites, but BOTH use "pro" to imply they are FOR something - but that is linguistically ridiculous.

BOP

They are both euphemisms for supporting abortion and being against abortion.

Democrats may be against school choice - or any number of "choices".
What they MEAN is, they support the institution of abortion.
Republicans may be pro-life - but not so much with regard to the death penalty, war, using deadly force or environmental concerns.
What they MEAN is, they are against the practice of abortion in all or most of its forms.

They are opposites, but BOTH use "pro" to imply they are FOR something - but that is linguistically ridiculous.
They say pro-choice. There's only one "choice" they support.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Nailed it, didn't I? :diva:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They say pro-choice. There's only one "choice" they support.

This exactly. They shut down pregnancy and well-baby centers to fund abortion clinics, so that pretty much tells us plainly where they stand on "choice".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't DISLIKE Nikki Haley. Had Trump never appeared in 2016, she might make the top of my list.
I'm not fond of her biting the hand that fed her - she's been wishy washy on the whole Trump issue, and I don't trust her.

My hatred of Nikki has nothing to do with her two-faced behavior regarding Trump, although there is that and it speaks volumes about her character.

I loathe her because she's a war mongering cynical Deep State puppet. She works for the global money men who control the world and play these games for power and profit without a single thought of the lives they destroy. She's just another Mitch McConnell/Kevin McCarthy/Lindsey Graham/etc. Talk-talk but no do-do. And when they finally get off their worthless ass and do something it benefits the global elite, not the average Americans they're supposed to be working for.

Might as well vote for Nancy Pelosi. Nikki has been an enormous disappointment.

SamSpade

Talk-talk but no do-do.
There are many who voted for and still support Trump - who say out loud, Trump made a lot of promises he never made good on.
The wall would be a big one. "Getting" Hillary. Repeal and replace Obamacare.
Lesser ones, like banning gun-free zones. Bringing back coal. Manufacturing jobs. Trade deficits. Ending birthright citizenship.

His first two years, he HAD Congress. No excuse.

To be candid - on the campaign trail in 2016, he just seemed to do them on the fly.