.22 semi auto pistol reccomendations

Midnightrider

I am thinking something with adjustable sights and a rail or drilled for a scope I might buy later. what are your favorites under a grand?

sockgirl77

Got my Sig Sauer for just under $400. :yay:

Attachments

• ellie.jpg
    ellie.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Sig_Pink_mosquito_B.jpg
    Sig_Pink_mosquito_B.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 135

dustin

UAIOE
i have a ruger 22/45 (Mk3) that is fun to shoot (Adjustable sights). the only thing i didnt like about it was the magazine disconnect but i bought a bushing on amazon to remove that. now the mags drop free and fully seats in the magwell easier. only a couple misfires and that was bad ammo. eats everything except the heavier grain subsonic which has FTF every so often but i havent run that with the new mag disconnect bushing yet so it may no longer be an issue. The boy can shoot it no problem.

you can get them in a variety with rails only or with sights, threaded or nonthreaded barrels, also there is the "lite" version.

my dad has a S&W model 22A that he and my stepmom enjoy plinking with. i've never shot it though.

i've heard good things about Walther P22s and S&W M&P 22s as well.

Midnightrider

i have a ruger 22/45 (Mk3) that is fun to shoot (Adjustable sights). the only thing i didnt like about it was the magazine disconnect but i bought a bushing on amazon to remove that. now the mags drop free and fully seats in the magwell easier. only a couple misfires and that was bad ammo. eats everything except the heavier grain subsonic which has FTF every so often but i havent run that with the new mag disconnect bushing yet so it may no longer be an issue. The boy can shoot it no problem.

you can get them in a variety with rails only or with sights, threaded or nonthreaded barrels, also there is the "lite" version.

my dad has a S&W model 22A that he and my stepmom enjoy plinking with. i've never shot it though.

i've heard good things about Walther P22s and S&W M&P 22s as well.

I held one of those today, seemed pretty sweet. thanks for the info on the mag release. I'll keep that in mind.

I held the beretta u22 neos today too. pretty neat feel and pointed very nice, but I'm skeptical

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I've got a nice Bersa .22
You can get a crimson trace laser grip if you like that stuff

Attachments

• Bersa 22 sm.jpg
    Bersa 22 sm.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 91

Inkd

Ruger 22's and Browning 22's are all good buys for the money.

Some of the newer Ruger's are coming with threaded barrels and I think the Browning camper has a threaded barrel as well?

sockgirl77

Ruger 22's and Browning 22's are all good buys for the money.

Some of the newer Ruger's are coming with threaded barrels and I think the Browning camper has a threaded barrel as well?

The bf's Browning has a scope on it.

sockgirl77

They are good guns.

I was thinking of another Ruger but I think I will go with the Browning next time. I passed up a good deal on one a while back and regret it now.

I've learned to shoot with his and I like it. I rented the Sig and liked the way it felt in my hands more. Plus it just looks a little more badass, even if it is pink.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I'm a first time buyer but I thought that you always had to wait atleast 7 days for a handgun.

My husband was a first time buyer, he had his CCW, which may have made a difference. I was a first time buyer, I didn't have my CCW yet, so that may have slowed it down a bit. I was standing there while the guy called me in, got approved, but still had the 3 day waiting period.

sockgirl77

My husband was a first time buyer, he had his CCW, which may have made a difference. I was a first time buyer, I didn't have my CCW yet, so that may have slowed it down a bit. I was standing there while the guy called me in, got approved, but still had the 3 day waiting period.

Ever since Sandy Hook the gun sales have skyrocketed and MSP is overwhelmed, even with their increased manpower.

Inkd

I'm a first time buyer but I thought that you always had to wait atleast 7 days for a handgun.

Yes, being that a handgun is a "regulated" firearm in Maryland you have to have the MSP background check which normally is only a few days. But, you are correct, with the spike in sales people are waiting upwards of a month for their paperwork to come back.

Also, it won't matter if you were a 1st time buyer or not, every regulated firearms purchase goes through the same process, no matter how many times in the past you purchased.

Good call on getting a gun that fit good in your hands, many people make a purchase based on whether it looks "cool" or because their friend had one and so they want it. A handgun has to fit you in order for you to be proficient with it. At least that's my opinion.

Bay Kat lives in Florida where they do things right. Walk in, pick out what you want, fill out the paperwork and after a phoe call to NICS, you walk out with your purchase.