22LR Handgun, Revolver or Autoloader?

beerlover

I have a couple of .22LR semi-autos. They're fun to plink with... I have one full-sized and a couple of the cheapo little pocket guns. The little ones are more of a pain in the rear. The regular sized one is fun (S&W 422). Brother in law has a 22 single action revolver that's pretty fun, also. It has interchangeable cylinders - one 22LR and one 22mag, I think. It might be a Ruger single six? Dad has a H&R revolver that holds 9 rounds. He only shoots 22 shorts out of it for some reason.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Brother in law has a 22 single action revolver that's pretty fun, also. It has interchangeable cylinders - one 22LR and one 22mag, I think. It might be a Ruger single six?
I've got one of the Rugers, nice little gun
I'd like to find a .22 Mag autoloader. More bang than than the LR, but still cheap enough to shoot all day

I want the Ruger Mark III will Bull Barrel or the Beretta U22 Neos w/ 6" barrel... I have always wanted a semi-auto .22 for plinking.

R

RadioPatrol

Ruger Single Six - My dad bought it in Ms back in '63

Nice Shoter

Dodgem250

I have not read the thread, but, take my advise and from many friends, stay far away from a .22LR semi, those things have too many issues with jamming up, especially the Berreta Neos models. Stick with something like a revolver. Taurus is an excellent choice.

Dodgem250

I want the Ruger Mark III will Bull Barrel or the Beretta U22 Neos w/ 6" barrel... I have always wanted a semi-auto .22 for plinking.

I guess now that I read the thread a bit I see you mentioned the Neos from Beretta, this is a very cheaply made gun, the parts are thing metal and have a tendency to warp, and the thing metal used inside has been getting a lot of complaints with bending and jamming.

I guess now that I read the thread a bit I see you mentioned the Neos from Beretta, this is a very cheaply made gun, the parts are thing metal and have a tendency to warp, and the thing metal used inside has been getting a lot of complaints with bending and jamming.

Thanks Dodgem! Tell Momma hi from us! :howdy:

I never thought about Tarus, this looks really interesting for home protection.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Don't overlook taurus - you really cannot beat them for the price on the handguns! There Beretta 92F knockoff is identical to my 92F...

I keep forgetting about them...

Wifie saw me looking at handguns and said "you just got a new Beretta shotgun and you are looking at another handgun already?" :lol: She's not too pissed, yet that is!

Ponytail

Don't overlook taurus - you really cannot beat them for the price on the handguns! There Beretta 92F knockoff is identical to my 92F...

I keep forgetting about them...

Wifie saw me looking at handguns and said "you just got a new Beretta shotgun and you are looking at another handgun already?" :lol: She's not too pissed, yet that is!

That for sure is a sign that you don't have enough. When she looks at your collection and can't tell when another one is added, is when you can say "enough", but then, who would want to? :biggrin: