$250 MILLION

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

PS, there is more to come:

Earlier this month, Sandmann's attorneys sent preservation letters to more than 50 media organizations, celebrities and politicians -- including The Post, The New York Times, CNN, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and actors Alyssa Milano and Jim Carrey -- the first step in possible libel and defamation lawsuits.

Good. I hope he sues them out of existence. The Democrats shouldn't be able to target and smear people in their zeal to find something to virtue-signal over.

Trump supporters should sue the crap out of Jussie Smollett for smearing them and making a false accusation.

Hijinx

Who knows whats this suit will amount to, but it is encouraging to see that someone is finally stepping up against the 2nd. most vile newspaper in this country. The New York Slimes being the winner of the title most vile..

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Trump supporters should sue the crap out of Jussie Smollett for smearing them and making a false accusation.
That requires a legal standing (like if he had actually falsely named two real people), and from there you need to have some actual damages, not just hurt feelings or pride. Now, he should face charges for making a false statement to police, something I understand he was already found guilty of several years back. My guess is that few companies will want to hire him, and his associated liabilities (meaning he is a liar and a nut case), for future projects.

Hijinx

That requires a legal standing, and from there you need to have some actual damages, not just hurt feelings or pride. Now, he should face charges for making a false statement to police, something I understand he was already found guilty of several years back. My guess is that few companies will want to hire him, and his associated liabilities (meaning he is a liar and a nut case), for future projects.

I hope you are right,but stranger things have happened.
Kaepernick screwed the pooch and he ended up the darling of Nike

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
the 2nd. most vile newspaper in this country. The New York Slimes being the winner of the title most vile
That's a bit of a stretch. They're actually both pretty good at that which they do report. The real problem is what they won't/don't report/cover.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Kaepernick screwed the pooch and he ended up the darling of Nike
He stood up for what he believed in despite great adversity (meaning many people disagreed with him and even hated him for it) and potential loss of favor and income. That's a far cry from staging a hoax hate crime for personal gain.

Frankly, I don't even know what Kaepernick's beef was. I couldn't care less about organized sports and he's just one of 6 billion or so other people who each have an opinion.

Last edited:

officeguy

Well, that's how Democracy is supposed to work, right?

Yup, you can buy truth.

I just wanted to point out that even in the extremely unlikely case that a 250mil lawsuit will prevail, that kind of settlement can be paid from Mr Bezos postage drawer. That kind of litigation is not going to 'sue them out of existence'.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My guess is that few companies will want to hire him,

Two words:

Charlie
Sheen

And child rapist Roman Polanski, who got a standing ovation from the Hollyweirds when they gave him his Oscar.

Never underestimate the perversion of the entertainment industry. They embrace crazy, sexually predatory, and drug addicted; they don't shun it.

TCROW

Yup, you can buy truth.

I just wanted to point out that even in the extremely unlikely case that a 250mil lawsuit will prevail, that kind of settlement can be paid from Mr Bezos postage drawer. That kind of litigation is not going to 'sue them out of existence'.

The attorney involved successfully pursued a successful case for Richard Jewell. That said, I don’t think there is a very strong case here ( the kid will be shown to be a public figure regarding this event). Newspapers generally don’t like to settle defamation suits. That’s why the ABCNews blue slime settlement was a huge deal.

It will be litigated, and the Post will prevail.

Hijinx

He stood up for what he believed in despite great adversity (meaning many people disagreed with him and even hated him for it) and potential loss of favor and income. That's a far cry from staging a hoax hate crime for personal gain.

Frankly, I don't even know what Kaepernick's beef was. I couldn't care less about organized sports and he's just one of 6 billion or so other people who each have an opinion.
Both of your posts are your opinion and you are entitled to them and I am entitled to disagree.

Hijinx

Two words:

Charlie
Sheen

And child rapist Roman Polanski, who got a standing ovation from the Hollyweirds when they gave him his Oscar.

Never underestimate the perversion of the entertainment industry. They embrace crazy, sexually predatory, and drug addicted; they don't shun it.

They embrace it because they are a part of it. Hollywood has always had the deserved reputation of being above the norm with their behavior.

officeguy

The attorney involved successfully pursued a successful case for Richard Jewell. That said, I don’t think there is a very strong case here ( the kid will be shown to be a public figure regarding this event). Newspapers generally don’t like to settle defamation suits. That’s why the ABCNews blue slime settlement was a huge deal.

It will be litigated, and the Post will prevail.

Agree. Jewell was a guy going to work and was accused by no fault of his own of being a terrorist. This kid went in a public place to demonstrate and now had to deal with the result of incorrect and politically slanted news coveage of his interaction with another demonstrator. I just don't see the two things to be anywhere close to the same set of circumstances.
The press has a lot of latitude on how they report things and what political slant they give their reporting. Zimmerman was painted as racist using selective editing and his suit was tossed pretty quickly. Its pretty hard to prevail on those claims, and for good reason.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
You know the post is owned by the richest man in the world. I dont think they'll go anywhere.
Down the road probably will still be "richest man." But "richest human"? Nope. Soon that honor will be shared by Bezos and his ex-wife.

--- End of line (MCP)

TCROW

Not to mention the post reported what they were told by the involved parties. They also reported the story as it evolved from there.

The first several stories didn't even mention this kid by name. It wasn't until the kid started doing the news program circuit that he was identified by name in the Post. Thus the "public figure" exception. He was just an anonymous kid until he saw to it that he wasn't.

The case doesn't stand a chance.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The first several stories didn't even mention this kid by name. It wasn't until the kid started doing the news program circuit that he was identified by name in the Post. Thus the "public figure" exception. He was just an anonymous kid until he saw to it that he wasn't.

The case doesn't stand a chance.
So, now your the attorney for WAPO.......genius