3rd world city

WheezyCarl

Add to that: The Museums are closed, the Washington Monument is closed. and there isn't much else open.
[/QUOTE
I still enjoy walking about on the Mall, however. The Reflecting Pool and Washington Monument are my favorite "tourist" attractions. It's a shame that I'm not comfortable enough to attempt the road trip. I'm not afraid of much.

Grumpy

I still enjoy walking about on the Mall, however. The Reflecting Pool and Washington Monument are my favorite "tourist" attractions. It's a shame that I'm not comfortable enough to attempt the road trip. I'm not afraid of much.
Back in the day, used to go to DC with my father in the mornings with 3 of my buddies. While he worked, we would wander the mall, museums and memorials all day at 10 yrs old. If we wanted, we would take the Greyhound bus home(2 mile walk from bus stop to home) if we didn't want to wait for him to get off work. Can you imagine that nowadays?

black dog

Free America
Back in the day, used to go to DC with my father in the mornings with 3 of my buddies. While he worked, we would wander the mall, museums and memorials all day at 10 yrs old. If we wanted, we would take the Greyhound bus home(2 mile walk from bus stop to home) if we didn't want to wait for him to get off work. Can you imagine that nowadays?

I grewup a few blocks off the beltway at The Old Georgetown rd exit, my gfather and two of his brothers drove trolleys and then buses with DC Transit, many times we also went to dc on free transfers that they gave us boys. If we were really board we would ride down Grovenor la on our bikes and ride Rock Creek parkway down to the zoo for the day. Never did we have any problems as kids in DC.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
:yay: Certainly is a different world now isn't it?

WingsOfGold

Damn, didn't the trash say they did NOT want federal troops when antifa and coloreds were DESTROYING cities and businesses????

image.jpg

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Hawaii is sending 200 Troops here I hope they bring their coats with them. It's a little cooler here than in Hawaii.
Plane fare for 200 and their equipment will cost a pretty penny. Makes me wonder why they don't get some from Guam.

A lot of time they justify this as training.

When I was stationed at Andrews, a bunch of us flew to Texas for lunch. It was so long ago I forget where exactly. It was probably to Ft Bliss or Ft Hood. We got a van to take us out the back gate for lunch. We were the only gringos in the cantina. We got back in time for DC rush hour traffic. All this because someone needed flight hours.

Grumpy

When I was stationed at Andrews, a bunch of us flew to Texas for lunch. It was so long ago I forget where exactly. It was probably to Ft Bliss or Ft Hood. We got a van to take us out the back gate for lunch. We were the only gringos in the cantina. We got back in time for DC rush hour traffic. All this because someone needed flight hours.
I work with someone that has a husband that has to get flight time. Takes orders here, flies to Maine and brings back lobsters. :yay:

WingsOfGold

Not uncommon, we often made trainers to Brunswick.... the flight attendants took orders for..... lobster. At 3 bucks or so for chicken lobster at 1 1/2 lb not uncommon for the lobster guys to have maybe 3 or 4 hundred lobsters waiting at the terminal for us to take back to DC. I loved those days. 👍 When we had the old C118's I made a pallet that my Norton would fit on. Imagine a single guy with a 5 day RON to Key West. :p

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
My Dad was active duty for 10 years, then went reserve (P-3 Pilot).
They would fly up to Maine from Willow Grove, PA. for flight time.
Always brought home lobsters.
And yes, they do scream.

WingsOfGold

My Dad was active duty for 10 years, then went reserve (P-3 Pilot).
They would fly up to Maine from Willow Grove, PA. for flight time.
Always brought home lobsters.
And yes, they do scream.
Don't remember then screaming but they sure did flop violently when you immersed their heads!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm okay with cordoning off DC. If it were up to me I'd dig a moat around the city and shoot to kill anyone who tries to escape.

Do NYC and LA, too. Chicago definitely. Probably Baltimore and St. Louis.

Air drop them supplies every now and then and watch them fight over it.
Snake Plissken approved message. :yay:

MSally

Shooting an unarmed woman in the throat wasn't enough to satisfy your blood lust? Tsk, tsk, poor you. I can picture you now, shooting up a school because the children's parents 'might' be Trump supporters. :crazy:
You are obviously pretty retarded. Anyone breaking and entering into a secure area of the Capitol deserves what they get.

Hijinx

My mother used to shop downtown at Kann's, Lansburgh's basement and the Hecht Company.
Dad put her out and he put me out at the Smithsonian castle and he went over to Haines Point and took a nap. I was 10 or 12.
We all met at 4PM in front of Kanns.
I roamed the mall went all over it walked up in the Monument, you can't do that any more. I went to the Capitol and would follow the tours and listen to the Docent's giving the tours without belonging to the tour. Nobody asked what a kid was doing in the Capitol and anyone could walk in, Can't do that any more either.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You are obviously pretty retarded. Anyone breaking and entering into a secure area of the Capitol deserves what they get.

Well, I think that a drug addict who tries to cash a fake check and then fights with the cops deserves what they get, and our whole country spent almost a year and counting being burned and pillaged and looted over it. And you all excused the perp and tried to say it was Donald Trump's fault, even though he didn't have chit to do with it.

So really, do blow your vapid hypocrisy out your ass. 😘

vince77

funniest part is the day after the Capitol attack Trump turned on all his supporters that went to the Capitol telling them all they're gonna pay for this. They're too stupid to realize he doesn't give a rat's ass about them while they remain on their knees worshipping him. It's become point and laugh at his supporters now.

MSally

Well, I think that a drug addict who tries to cash a fake check and then fights with the cops deserves what they get, and our whole country spent almost a year and counting being burned and pillaged and looted over it. And you all excused the perp and tried to say it was Donald Trump's fault, even though he didn't have chit to do with it.

So really, do blow your vapid hypocrisy out your ass. 😘
Hey dummy, I didn’t loot or protest anything, I sure didn’t loot or pillage. Meanwhile you screamed about law and order and winning stupid prizes when you disobey the police.

talk about BLINDING hypocrisy...

CPUSA

Yep, after Trumpers acted like they want a third world country where the losers of elections attack our congress the feds calculated a strategic show of force to prevent it from happening again.
Could you POSSIBLY sound any more ignorant?

And yes...I know you have now accepted the challenge....

MSally

Could you POSSIBLY sound any more ignorant?

And yes...I know you have now accepted the challenge....
I encourage you and any other trumper who is unhappy to Take your grievances to the Capitol. The national guard has a participation trophy waiting for you.

CPUSA

funniest part is the day after the Capitol attack Trump turned on all his supporters that went to the Capitol telling them all they're gonna pay for this. They're too stupid to realize he doesn't give a rat's ass about them while they remain on their knees worshipping him. It's become point and laugh at his supporters now.
and so far, only little Antifa Marxists have been arrested.