5:2 diet

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I was thinking about someone else, but yeah, you too. :lol:

And while I admire your svelte figure, I admire a grilled ribeye and corn on the cob more. :jet:
So do I! You saw me eat a lot of things other than grilled chickie and salads, to, though. Granted, I was on "vacation", but even during our regular weeks,
I can't eat the volume I used to - I fill up a lot faster.

I made a lifestyle change and it has stuck with me, so I don't have a problem maintaining it. BUT! I still/can eat everything I want to eat. I just eat things in different amounts than I used to.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You can eat surprisingly well on 500/cal per day.

Today breakfast is Green Giant For One cheesy broccoli over two scrambled eggs - under 200 calories and good protein.

Lunch will be a can of Progresso Light beef barley soup - 150 calories.

For dinner I'll have a ginormous lettuce salad dressed in rice vinegar, with a single-size can of white tuna in water - 100 calories.

Before bed I'll have half a pumpkin seed cracker (they're big flatbreads) for 50 calories.

This is a highly doable diet plan. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
FYI, next time you're at the grocery store head for the ethnic food aisle and look for the jars of Indian sauces. They are delicious and low in calories, and if you steam some veggies and toss in the sauce, you get a hearty comfort dinner for well under 200 calories.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Last night we hit Muy Wayne O's for the last time (we leave for Mobile tomorrow). Shiners there, then we stopped at a little bar we'd been meaning to check out, more beers there. Six total over a course of 4 hours or so, which back in the day I could do without even catching a buzz. Now, however....

So what you don't want to do the night before a fasting day is drink too much alcohol. My tummy and psyche want comfort food. Fried chicken. Pizza. For breakfast I had a can of southwestern something or another soup, which did hit the spot but not completely. I have chicken noodle soup, plus some veggies I can load it with, that will make me feel like I'm pigging out for around 250 calories. But I really want a breakfast burrito.

Lesson learned. :yay:

singlechen

I've did the 5:2 diet and was not a big fan. The incentive of eating whatever I wanted for 5 days and then "fasting" after that drove me haywire. I felt a HUGE urge to eat like crazy on my non-fasting days at first but it did get better when I forced myself to be more regimented. To do that, I established a more regular eating rhythm with these twists:

1. Eating fat calories whenever possible. Fat made me less hungry throughout the day. Bacon, macadamia, avocado were good additions.
2. Bone broth. Low calorie and supposedly high nutritional value. I drank it like a beverage. You can make your own broth with bones from the store but it's a pain because you have to roast them for like 2 days. I ended up buying one of these bone broth brands: https://www.bestnutrient.com/best-bone-broth/
3. Very little sugar. I have a sweet tooth and I had to cut out sugar to avoid the highs and lows as I went between the 5 and the 2.

I do like the concept of calorie restriction and fasting... might try intermittent next

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I felt a HUGE urge to eat like crazy on my non-fasting days at first but it did get better when I forced myself to be more regimented.

Yeah, I did the same thing until I got hold of myself. :lol:

I eat hard boiled eggs on my fasting days, and light soup. I like your bone broth idea.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I like your bone broth idea.

fun fact: a girl I disliked in high school now runs her own bone broth making business out of L.A. :ohwell: her boyfriend is a professional rock climber. If they went on House Hunters I bet their budget would be at least 1.2mil :twitch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
fun fact: a girl I disliked in high school now runs her own bone broth making business out of L.A. :ohwell: her boyfriend is a professional rock climber. If they went on House Hunters I bet their budget would be at least 1.2mil :twitch:

A professional rock climber? Who would pay someone to climb rocks?

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Is he a guide or a photojournalist?

I'm always fascinated by what people can make money doing.

no idea, simply know this thru her weekly updates on FB about all his trips around the states doing this stuff. The first time she posted a pic of him, he looked like someone without a job :lol: but who knows. Maybe baristing at Starbucks funds his hobby and her bone broth is so good, she can afford to let him sleep on her couch, rent free :shrug: I'm more fascinated she has a career strictly in bone broth!