6 West Pointers OD on fentanyl laced coke while on spring break

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And about addiction:

I was talking to my mom the other day and she said, "Do you remember when you were a kid and we went to that big AA beach party?" Me: "I sure do! (reminisce reminisce) I remember Dewey gave us a ride and taught me how to two-step, he was always the nicest guy. How's he doing?" Mom: "He fell off the wagon and drank himself to death a few years ago."

I mean.... :oops:

When I told my mom I stopped drinking alcohol, she was like, "What, you just stopped??" And I said, "Well....yeah....." And she told me that she still occasionally thinks she'd like to go in a bar and have a Harvey Wallbanger. And this woman has been sober for 48 freaking years.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Can you imagine that? Here's your son, great kid, bright future, got accepted to freaking West Point, bitches :dude: And next thing you know he's ODing in some Florida flop house and that's that. Life comes at you fast.
I think when the entire story comes out that these are going to be football players. They are measured by a different standard than your typical west pointer. Same with all the rape scandals coming out of Annapolis. Football players that get treated differently than the general population. Young people pick up on when they are considered entitled. And they take full advantage of this. But yes, many people finding out about this story will scratch their heads thinking that cadets would be above this sort of debasement.

black dog

Free America
No, but I know people whose kids are. Plus I grew up in AA and pretty much every adult around me was struggling with addiction.

What if he refused? What if he said, "**** you, I'm leaving"?

Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in rules and involvement and discipline and consequences, and I do think it goes a long way toward putting your kids on the right path. But then you have those outliers, and what do you do?
I grew up in Bethesda, between old Chevy Chase and the real Potomac..
My sfather grew up in Sherwood Forest, he and my mother built a home on the water in Ulmstead Estates. I understand real money very well. Drugs flowed freely where I grew up...
I watched a school friend od in 8th grade popping quaaludes, she was dead befoe the ambulance showed up... It left a life long mark on me..

On being talked to in that mannor,
We never had that problem with our son, both of us were very consistent with him.
If he would have talked to either of us like that?????
He would have seen his father turn into his gfather....

Most of the familys that I know of that have a child or two that are a constant problem, bad decisions were made and the parents just gave up and let it run its course.... Im not one of those parents...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Most of the familys that I know of that have a child or two that are a constant problem, bad decisions were made and the parents just gave up and let it run its course.... Im not one of those parents...

Right, but at some point - when the kid is an older teen or a legal adult - there's not a lot you can do about it. A friend of mine, her oldest son was just a great kid - smart and spiritual, he was raised in a Christian-centric household, not like holy rollers or anything but big on good values as a human being, intact family, loving with solid expectations. When the kid got to be about 15 he had an identity crisis or something and started exploring goth culture, got into drugs, ran away from home, just took a hard turn and there was nothing my friends could do about it.

The younger boy didn't do that - he was fine, normal teenage shenanigans, nothing alarming. Turned out to be what you'd expect from this set of parents. The other kid, though.....

In fact I know a number of families who have an extreme black sheep. One friend, her daughter was picture perfect, on a brilliant path.....and then she went to college and met this guy......

And now I'm going to insult you, although I don't mean to insult you, I mean to warn you:

You come off as quite sanctimonious with a distinct lack of compassion. And I get it, I too can be sanctimonious and judgemental. But you jinx yourself when you do that. All this crowing about how great your son is and looking down on parents who've had trouble with their kids, you're just begging for the karma gods to smite you.

I'm glad your son is doing so well because god knows we need more good citizens in this world, so don't **** it up by being too smug.

phreddyp

Life can change in the blink of an eye, these guys were young, privileged, and most likely pretty intelligent. But when your number is up it's up and it don't matter who you are or who brought you up. The time on earth allotted to these guys was over but it is still sad just the same.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Life can change in the blink of an eye, these guys were young, privileged, and most likely pretty intelligent. But when your number is up it's up and it don't matter who you are or who brought you up. The time on earth allotted to these guys was over but it is still sad just the same.
I can't get into these kids' head. But I have to believe when the drug purchase was going down, 1 or all of them had to think in the back of their minds that this was a VERY BAD idea. I know when I've done those stoopit things, that notion was always lurking in the back. Alcohol seems to make the bad decision process easier.

1 of my Navy collateral duties was to do the paperwork for sailors in the command that had alcohol related issues. We had a lot of duis at that command. I asked all of them if they gave any consideration that driving drunk was a bad idea. Every last 1 said yes. But they still put the keys in the ignition and drove off anyway. The reason I got that job was because the guy that did it before me got a dui.

black dog

Free America
Right, but at some point - when the kid is an older teen or a legal adult - there's not a lot you can do about it. A friend of mine, her oldest son was just a great kid - smart and spiritual, he was raised in a Christian-centric household, not like holy rollers or anything but big on good values as a human being, intact family, loving with solid expectations. When the kid got to be about 15 he had an identity crisis or something and started exploring goth culture, got into drugs, ran away from home, just took a hard turn and there was nothing my friends could do about it.

The younger boy didn't do that - he was fine, normal teenage shenanigans, nothing alarming. Turned out to be what you'd expect from this set of parents. The other kid, though.....

In fact I know a number of families who have an extreme black sheep. One friend, her daughter was picture perfect, on a brilliant path.....and then she went to college and met this guy......

And now I'm going to insult you, although I don't mean to insult you, I mean to warn you:

You come off as quite sanctimonious with a distinct lack of compassion. And I get it, I too can be sanctimonious and judgemental. But you jinx yourself when you do that. All this crowing about how great your son is and looking down on parents who've had trouble with their kids, you're just begging for the karma gods to smite you.

I'm glad your son is doing so well because god knows we need more good citizens in this world, so don't **** it up by being too smug.

Im from the camp that believes around the age of 13 to 14 one has a good idea what kind of child you have. We have no fear of our child turning to the dark side...
I certainly dont have any compassion for stupid, never have.
Ive had this personality since I was a kid, it doesn't change at home, work or in front of my parents.
Love me? Hate me? It makes no difference to me, one knows what you get with me.
Growing up with four parents, loads of time spent with my gfather and his sisters I took the bad with all of them and eliminated it and kept all the good.
We allowed our son to make many of his own decisions very young in life.
Also to rethink when a bad decision was made.
I dont believe in karma, walking under a ladder is bad or men on the grassy knoll...
Most of what folks see here is the way I write, only one person knows me here.
And he knows i'm laughing right now....
I still have the same friends I went to elementary school with.
Call me what you wish, sticks and stones.... One day we will have a meal together and i'll give Monello and you, the rest of the story. lol

Now when one makes a comment that hopefully my son will die while serving, shes gotten off easy...
She raised her own black rose.... I dont believe we will ever have to visit our son in prison.

black dog

Free America
I can't get into these kids' head. But I have to believe when the drug purchase was going down, 1 or all of them had to think in the back of their minds that this was a VERY BAD idea. I know when I've done those stoopit things, that notion was always lurking in the back. Alcohol seems to make the bad decision process easier.

I would bet its not the first time coke was purchased by those that od'ed.

jrt_ms1995

overdose-comp-1.jpg

Axel Giovany Casseus, 21
Deep tan for an Italian.