600 Dollar Stimulus per head.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just heard that the $600 benefit is for those making less than $75K/yr.
And as your 2019 income goes up, the benefit goes down. A little more info:
Individual adults with adjusted gross income on their 2019 tax returns of up to $75,000 a year would receive a $600 payment, heads of household making up to $112,500 and a couple (or someone whose spouse died in 2020) earning up to $150,000 a year would get twice that amount. If they have dependent children, they would also get $600 for each child.

People with incomes just above these levels would receive a partial payment that declines by $5 for every $100 in income.

Did you make much less money in 2020 than 2019, thus making you eligible for this newest payment even though your 2019 income makes you appear ineligible? When you file your 2020 return, there will be a way for you to claim this money then in the form of a refundable tax credit.

What if I still haven’t received my previous stimulus payment or only got part of it?
You can claim what is known as a “recovery rebate credit” when you file your 2020 tax return. The Internal Revenue Service has a page on its website that explains the details.

Last edited:

Bushy23

Yes we don't know what Joe and the Ho will do to the Trump Tax Cut we could get nailed there , plus the money we get may be taxable.
The democrats giveth and they taketh away

The "Trump Tax Cut" already has tax increases built in for 2021 and for years after. People with incomes between $10,000 and $30,000 — nearly one-quarter of Americans — are among those scheduled to pay a higher average tax rate in 2021 than in years before the tax “cut” was passed. The C.B.O. and Joint Committee estimated that those with an income of $20,000 to $30,000 would owe an extra $365 next year.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The "Trump Tax Cut" already has tax increases built in for 2021 and for years after. People with incomes between $10,000 and $30,000 — nearly one-quarter of Americans — are among those scheduled to pay a higher average tax rate in 2021 than in years before the tax “cut” was passed. The C.B.O. and Joint Committee estimated that those with an income of $20,000 to $30,000 would owe an extra $365 next year.

Do you have proof of this or shall I just presume you're talking out your ass?

SkylarkTempest

I'd gladly take the money and run, if I didn't feel guilty because I don't need it, don't really want it. I'd much rather it went to a family that could really use it, like someone who recently applied for unemployment insurance due to their employer closing.

And before you say it, I gave away my last stimulus check too.

Good for you. We gave part of our to charity and used the rest on local restaurants and business to help them stay afloat.

Hijinx

Do you have proof of this or shall I just presume you're talking out your ass?

He may be talking out his ass , but Biden has said he would do away with the Trump tax cuts.
This year or next it will probably happen. I wouldn't spend that refund until you get it in the mail.

BOP

4509E69F00000578-4949226-Femail_met_three_single_seventysomethings_who_are_in_search_of_a-a-21_1507154444467.jpg
Andy would hit it. Them.

gemma_rae

So there's no hope for 2021? You're just realizing that you F**ked yourself back in November? Good job dickhead!

herb749

The stimulus is based on 2019 income. So, if a person made more than $99K in 2019 but have been unemployed since March, they don't get squat.

They are using the same numbers as before. My oldest son and his wife will get money for the kids. My other son & wife who had a baby in February doesn't get kid money.

HypertensiveTiger

He's asking Congress to make changes? If only he had another path forward...

Veto it. Yes, it passed with enough votes to have the veto overridden. You sign it, you own it.

That's just the way it is.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
My mind is blown that they think this is fair to our people who need it the most.

Exactly... it is insulting frankly.

They sent a bill that shows that everything else is more important than the citizens.

I think this speech was genius - called them right out on it. Cut that other garbage out and give more to the people.

No wonder Nancy wants to drag him out by his hair. She isn't getting her backdoor money.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Exactly... it is insulting frankly.

They sent a bill that shows that everything else is more important than the citizens.

I think this speech was genius - called them right out on it. Cut that other garbage out and give more to the people.

No wonder Nancy wants to drag him out by his hair. She isn't getting her backdoor money.
I am one of the fortunate ones that has been employed from home and don't need the money. But I do know people that really could use it. It's outrageous.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I am one of the fortunate ones that has been employed from home and don't need the money. But I do know people that really could use it. It's outrageous.

Same here. I live a frugal life and don't need the money but so many people were sat out of work and could use the money. $600 is an insult when you see all the bs in that bill. They need to do better.