8 yr.old girl, drops black bear...

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Airgasm said:
Is 8 years old to young for a child to be handling and hunting with a high-powered rifle, or any firearm for that matter?
Evidently not.
They close the schools here for the county fair, do you think 100% of the kids go?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
When I was a kid, they might as well have closed the schools on opening day because EVERYONE was out hunting with their dad or grandfather.
The schools in PA had both Buck day and Doe day off..

Maine they had a week for the potato harvest..

Agee

aps45819 said:
Evidently not.
They close the schools here for the county fair, do you think 100% of the kids go?
:yay:

My question was presented to "stimulate" some lively conversation. By the looks of the majority of the responses, an 8 year old hunting is no big deal.

Personally, I don't have a problem with a eight year old handling a firearm, with the proper training and guidance. Granted some 8 year olds are just not at a level to safely handle weapons reagrdless of how much exposure or training they receive.

It is evident from the article, that this girl has been around hunting and guns since she was very young. Appears her father taught her well, and she passed the hunter safety course.

R

rdonthehd

Airgasm said:
:yay:

My question was presented to "stimulate" some lively conversation. By the looks of the majority of the responses, an 8 year old hunting is no big deal.

Personally, I don't have a problem with a eight year old handling a firearm, with the proper training and guidance. Granted some 8 year olds are just not at a level to safely handle weapons reagrdless of how much exposure or training they receive.

It is evident from the article, that this girl has been around hunting and guns since she was very young. Appears her father taught her well, and she passed the hunter safety course.

At least she won't be one of those kids that will end up shooting people for fun because she thinks it's a toy.. she has learned to respect the firearm and what it is for.