97.7????

michael.kinsel

Yes, we are now stuck with a sucky station that plays the "La, La, La" turd, Beyonce "plastic" boobies junk that the 12 year "girls" listen to. If the Rocket went down because of lack of funding... this one should surely sink like a boulder.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Yup. They ruined that station. I turned it on today for all of five seconds then deleted it from my radio. What a waste of airwaves.

B

brirulz71

where do we send the hate mail??? The "newest" format sucks!

"This must be why Mojo left. Why can't they just LEAVE IT ALONE. I knew people from teenages to their 50s who listened to it. They need to be flooded with complaints."

Somar Communications, Inc :cds:
28095 Three Notch Rd 2b, Mechanicsville, MD 20659-3373 is the address for 98 star FM, can't seem to find any corporate address, but bug the hell out of Star 98, WKIK (country station), and I think they own one or two more SoMD stations. They have Websites and phone#'s too.

Leave 'em a turd brick if you happen to be in the area!!!!

gemma_rae

I'll be 50 soon and I loved that station so did my husband. Now he calls it Tragic 97.7 not Magic 97.7!

Someone mentioned 94.7, whats that like?

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I'll be 50 soon and I loved that station so did my husband. Now he calls it Tragic 97.7 not Magic 97.7!

Someone mentioned 94.7, whats that like?

94.7 is cool but it is classic rock, 97.7 and 94.7 barely overlap. The new 97.7 is like two men :huggy:

4d2008

I dont like any of the stations here. I need to figure out how to get sat. rad. to my car. It says its sat ready so I guess I just need to buy the ant. and subscribe to it. :shrug:

DuffMan

I have had Sirius since 2005 and will never go back to regular radio, that is unless Sirius go out of business.

The Rocket was a good station for SOMD, its a shame it went to S@##.

BIG_10_4

Tragic 97.7

"This must be why Mojo left. Why can't they just LEAVE IT ALONE. I knew people from teenages to their 50s who listened to it. They need to be flooded with complaints."

Somar Communications, Inc :cds:
28095 Three Notch Rd 2b, Mechanicsville, MD 20659-3373 is the address for 98 star FM, can't seem to find any corporate address, but bug the hell out of Star 98, WKIK (country station), and I think they own one or two more SoMD stations. They have Websites and phone#'s too.

Leave 'em a turd brick if you happen to be in the area!!!!

Also -

Somar Communications, Inc (98 Star Fm) - Mechanicsville, Maryland (MD) | Company Profile

Somar Communications, Inc (98 Star Fm)
28095 Three Notch Rd 2b, Mechanicsville, MD 20659-3373
Contact Phone: (301) 884-5550

URL (web address):
WKIK WKIK-FM 102.9 Today's Country
WYRX www.977therocket.com/
WSMD WSMD-FM STAR98.3 All Hits...All The Time

Business Category: Radio Broadcast Station in Mechanicsville, MD
Industry (SIC): Radio Broadcasting Stations
The ads are not affiliated with Somar Communications, Inc

Business Information
This company profile is for the private company Somar Communications, Inc , located in Mechanicsville, MD. 98 Star Fm's line of business is radio broadcast station.
Company Name: Somar Communications, Inc
Address: 28095 Three Notch Rd 2b, Mechanicsville, MD 20659-3373
Alt Business Name: 98 Star Fm
Location Type: Single Location
Est. Annual Sales: $690,000
Est. # of Employees: 20
Est. Empl. at Loc.: 20
Year Started: 1988
State of Incorp: MD
SIC #Code: 4832
Contact's Name: Roy Robertson
Contact's Title: President
NAICS: Radio Stations

MoparRacer896

Pure Bred & Bottle Fed
R.I.P. Rocket.. All good things must come to an end, SADLY!
Time to dust off my old 80's hair band CD's..

I was listening Saturday when they swapped, from Led Zep, to Taylor Swift.
WTF!! :cds:

GraphitePearl

New DJ doesn't sound too terrible. Shame its the only radio station we can tune in down here at Webster :( We're stuck with it.

Beta84

They're out to get us
94.7 is better.......
For old people :wink:

You mean Smokin Joe? Mojo left cuz his family was moving to North Dakota...with or without him!!

DC101 was decent many years ago. Now it's the same basic songs played over and over. No originality.
Yeah but it's better than anything else. Either way, I'll just go back to listening to CDs all the time when I drive! That or get satellite radio...but I doubt it.

BIG_10_4

Hmm...cheesy, mid-90's pop is "today's" music?

Sounds like another 98.3 with a touch of hip-hop.

98.3 is OK for an occasional change-up but one is all that's needed.

Kool-Aid now being served at ABC and Tiki Bar....

Radio Control car races only at MIR,....

,...and see the latest Dept store mannequins at Roses,...(for those who attend those regular meetings)...

It's going to spread,.... everything in the county is being sterilized, WTH?

THANK GOD FOR MY LIFETIME SUBSCRITPTION TO SIRIUS SAT RADIO!