A noisy guest...

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
All, I want to be able to kill a possum.

I have a firearm that is more than capable of the 'killing' part, but I don't wish waste the ammo, or wake up the kids do the subsequent noise created by the firearm (the possum usually comes late in the evening).

Does a high-powered BB/pellet gun pack enough of a punch to the job?...let's say any 'cheapy' from walmart or what not...nothing fancy.

garyt27

INAFJ
You can buy one at Dicks.
Single #### 1200fps .22 air rifle for around $90.
That will drop a possum and alot more.
(singlecock)

garyt27

INAFJ
You could use a live trap and then release it away from home.
Or lower it into the river and watch the bubbles.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
Why do you want to kill the possum?

Because I was bullied in Middle school and this poor, ugly-ass, innocent creature will be a perfect specimin to project my hate and discontent upon.

---

The goal isn't necessarly to 'kill' the possum. If I can simply scare it off so it won't come back...I'd prefer to do that instead.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
No. You'll just piss him off.

Is pissing off a rodent enough to scare him off for good? Or would you suspect that he would return for seconds?

There aren't any food scraps to scavenge/trash cans to lock up outside......in replying to the statement of keeping the trash cans locked up tight.

Is pissing off a rodent enough to scare him off for good? Or would you suspect that he would return for seconds?

There aren't any food scraps to scavenge/trash cans to lock up outside......in replying to the statement of keeping the trash cans locked up tight.

Good air rifle headshot should do it. Might have to put another one in to finish it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Depends. He's coming around for a reason(s) which it sounds like are nothing major. Possums tend to be wanderers so, a BB or two might be enough to get him to move on.

Lilypad

I have a firearm that is more than capable of the 'killing' part, but I don't wish waste the ammo, or wake up the kids do the subsequent noise created by the firearm (the possum usually comes late in the evening).

Does a high-powered BB/pellet gun pack enough of a punch to the job?...let's say any 'cheapy' from walmart or what not...nothing fancy.

Family fun night-shooting innocent animals.., are you from the city or what? :cds:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

I had one hanging around my back deck.
He was on the railing and I picked up a pole from a old patio umbrella, walked over as he sat there hissing at me.
Took a swing and smacked him upside the head.
After about a half hour with him lying in the yard, I figured he wasn't playing possum, then tossed him over the fence into the woods.

Baseball bat should work even better.

If you shoot, go with a .22 short at close range. Walk up and pop him in the eye.