A safe Society

Would you feel safer if everyone was required to carry a handgun?

• Yes, the more guns we have on the streets, the safer we will be.

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No, more guns on the streets would not make us safer.

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuddyLee

Football addict
forestal said:
No. I don't want 'everyone' to be able to carry a gun, that would require idiots to have guns. The problem is weeding out those idiots so as to allow smart law abiding citizens to carry guns.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
BuddyLee said:
No. I don't want 'everyone' to be able to carry a gun, that would require idiots to have guns. The problem is weeding out those idiots so as to allow smart law abiding citizens to carry guns.

:yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
forestal said:
You're such an idiot.
Those that CHOOSE to carry a weapon should be allowed to do so unless there is a compelling reason to not allow them to.

The choice to allow non-fellons to carry isn't in your poll.

smoothmarine187

BuddyLee said:

:yeahthat: If intelligent responsible people were allowed to carry hand guns, then I don't think crime would be as bad as it is. A thug at the Waldorf mall ( :lol: ) would be a little more hesitant to pull a gun or a knife on someone.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
forestal said:
Your poll is flawed. Neither answer is good. First of all, no one should be required to carry a weapon just as much and no one should be prohibited from (excepting felons).

smoothmarine187

Bustem' Down said:
Your poll is flawed. Neither answer is good. First of all, no one should be required to carry a weapon just as much and no one should be prohibited from (excepting felons).

He is flawed, so that stands to reason.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
maybe an idiot sees a law abiding citizen walking around with a gun that he wants. He smacks him on the head with a pipe. What a nice easy way to pick up an illegal gun.

BuddyLee said:

Pete

Repete
forestal said:
maybe an idiot sees a law abiding citizen walking around with a gun that he wants. He smacks him on the head with a pipe. What a nice easy way to pick up an illegal gun.
Would you hit a person on the head with a pipe knowing he has a gun? :lmao:

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Maybe he'd just decide it was too risky use deadly force instead.

smoothmarine187 said:
:yeahthat: If intelligent responsible people were allowed to carry hand guns, then I don't think crime would be as bad as it is. A thug at the Waldorf mall ( :lol: ) would be a little more hesitant to pull a gun or a knife on someone.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
forestal said:
You're an idiot.
Criminals aren't as stupid as you. They're aware that attacking an armed person with a pipe is not a good idea.
When The criminals know that you're unarmed is when they fell safe to smack you on the head with a pipe.

Pete

Repete
aps45819 said:
You're an idiot.
Criminals aren't as stupid as you. They're aware that attacking an armed person with a pipe is not a good idea.
When The criminals know that you're unarmed is when they fell safe to smack you on the head with a pipe.
Just like Forestool to bring a pipe to a gun fight.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I do believe that if a criminal knew that his victim might be armed, he might think twice about carrying a weapon. However, the law has worked against us in such a way that the moment a weapon is used in defense of your safety or property the law twists things around and the victim becomes the defendant.

You can thank our lovely Judicial system and the Johnny Cochrans of the world for that.

Personally the guys that comes through my door to harm me and my family will get a well aimed round between the eyes without hesitation. The idiot in the mall parking lot that tries to rob me had better get the best of me because he will never walk again when I get done.

Hmmmm. Now that I got that bit of venting out, I feel better and going to lunch. :howdy:

mrweb

Iron City
Pete said:
Would you hit a person on the head with a pipe knowing he has a gun? :lmao:

"Would you feel safer if everyone was required to carry a handgun?"

Why would you hit a person in the head with a pipe to get that "illegal" gun if you already had a gun, legally, in the first place? :confused: