A school shooting every 60 hours. (And other BS stats)

Toxick

Splat
Nope, either ban guns (our democracy would survive quite nicely if we did, believe it or not), charge $1000 for every bullet, or make every gun owner pay $5000 license for every gun they own, oh and if their guns are stolen or lost, they can pay another $10000 penalty for not securing a deadly weapon.

With the exception of painful penalties for negligence, that may be a set of the worse ideas I've ever read.

I highly encourage you to consider seriously the implications of your above suggestions - taking actual real-life human nature into account while you do so - and perform a mental experiment leading to what you believe the results may be. There are precedents for what you are suggesting. And the results are less than stellar.

Let's say we put into place ALL of your suggestions. Tell me what you legit think would happen.

As I said - there's precedence for banning undesirable commodities for which there is a high demand, or charging insane licensing fees.

I bet if you think really hard, you can make the connections.

That may solve the problems of gun violence in this country. Owning more guns, praying, joking, and obfuscating will not kids

Maybe true, But your ideas, such that they are, wouldn't solve anything either.
Other, actually good, ideas which may yield to positive results are being bandied about nation-wide. Very little attention is being paid to these because they aren't very sexay, and nobody currently tries to leverage political advantage with them.

I don't know, I've lived in England, Italy, Japan, Singapore, and Australia. All of those nations either ban guns or have strict laws. They don't seem to be doing too badly, in fact the general population seems to be much happier, safer and well rounded than 'murica.

You are telling me that we cannot do what the rest of the world is doing and survive as a nation? I refuse to believe that.

Of course, we can't live with the metric system, or universal healthcare like the rest of the world does, so maybe the US of A just doesn't get it. Shame for that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Any serious suggestions? Nope, oh well.

Lets see, other nations ban guns and have no problems ....

Less than 3% of our population own 50% of all guns, and the US of A owns more than half of the guns in the world.

:bs:

you are saying [well Harvard said in a :bs: survey] 9,750,000 people own 300 Million Guns that would average out to 334 Firearms per person
[you aren't to bright are you?]

70 million guns have been purchased in the last 20 yrs .....

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ricans-own-guns-but-just-how-many-is-unclear/

Gun ownership is one of the hardest things for researchers to pin down (as the Pew Research Center’s Michael Dimock, among others, discusses here). A Pew Research Center survey conducted in February found that 37% of households had an adult who owned a gun — 24% said they owned a gun, and 13% said someone else in their household did.

Respondents to a Gallup Poll reported 42% Ownership

Nope, either ban guns (our democracy would survive quite nicely if we did, believe it or not), charge $1000 for every bullet, or make every gun owner pay $5000 license for every gun they own, oh and if their guns are stolen or lost, they can pay another $10000 penalty for not securing a deadly weapon.

already been rule Unconstitutional

..... I've lived in England, Italy, Japan, Singapore, and Australia. All of those nations either ban guns or have strict laws. They don't seem to be doing too badly, in fact the general population seems to be much happier, safer and well rounded than 'murica. :killlingme

You are telling me that we cannot do what the rest of the world is doing and survive as a nation? I refuse to believe that.
NO, NO WE Do NOT ... this is America we have MORE Freedoms here

I suggest you pack your bags and head somewhere you feel safer .... I hear Paris is quiet right now, Muslims have driven trucks through any crowds in the New Year ...

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I don't know, I've lived in England, Italy, Japan, Singapore, and Australia. All of those nations either ban guns or have strict laws. They don't seem to be doing too badly, in fact the general population seems to be much happier, safer and well rounded than 'murica.

Of course, we can't live with the metric system, or universal healthcare like the rest of the world does, so maybe the US of A just doesn't get it. Shame for that.

expedia.com

youre welcome

Toxick

Splat

Our current national malaise started in the 60's-70's and reached its zenith around about the mid-00's

The previous 200 years were pretty damn good for us. Guns were widespread during that 200 years. Its not like these things were invented in 1970, and suddenly our society went straight into the toilet.

Something else happened. Something gradual. Something that has absolutely nothing to do with guns.

I'm not saying that we can or cannot do a damn thing.

I'm saying that the United States shouldn't base our standards, or set our guidelines, rules, values, mores and what-have-you - based on what other nations do. All of those nations are very small*, very homogenous and seem to have a respect for authority, family and the sanctity of human life that is sorely lacking in this society. The guidelines and values of those people are not ours, and trying to mimic their rules on our society is a recipe for disaster.

* although Australia is physically very large, it's population is laser-focused to very small population centers, while the rest of the real-estate is overrun with Dingos, Platypi, and sundry Nopes**.

**Scorpions, snakes, spiders and reptiles.

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member

Lets see, other nations ban guns and have no problems, they don't live in fear of seeing their kids school shot up, have to go through metal detectors to go to a concert, or museum, or ball game.

Less than 3% of our population own 50% of all guns, and the US of A owns more than half of the guns in the world. So yeah there is that. The minority of citizens own guns, and most people believe in increased gun control. But we cannot do that because ..... oh wait lets look at the arguments presented here.

Statistically, you're more likely to be molested by your teacher than shot by a classmate.
hen the stats catch to up to Muslim Killings or the numbers murdered in Honduras every year wake me up
have the inalienable god given right to have guns and that is guaranteed by our Constitution

all of these are flippant non-sequitur that don't attempt to solve the issue. Haha funny stuff, unless it is your kid that is shot.

The issue is that minority of the population that own guns cry out the loudest when anyone attempts to "take away their freedom" by imposing regulation on the handling of a deadly weapon. So lets let everyone drive drunk, because a vehicle operated by an intoxicated person is a deadly weapon, and lord knows it is their right to conduct interstate commerce (according to the constitution), so we don't need rules, that would infringe on their rights.

That may solve the problems of gun violence in this country. Owning more guns, praying, joking, and obfuscating will not kids

At least you are honest stating your beliefs.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

The level of seriousness in every response was perfectly commensurate with the seriousness - or lack thereof - of your original post, or your silliness that followed.

Gun ownership will never be revoked as a fundamental right. Period.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
All of those nations are very small*, very homogenous and seem to have a respect for authority and life that is sorely lacking in this society. The guidelines and values of those people are not ours, and trying to mimic their rules on our society is a recipe for disaster.

with the exception of the UK I'd Agree ... they have taken so many Paki's in, in the preceding decades it is only a matter of time
Although I thing Italy is going to be having Muslim issues for decades to come now, after talking in all those Syrian 'Children'

and I get a kick out of Japan

- Guns have been controlled in Japan since the late sixteenth century.
- When told 'you need to take in more Muslim refugees', Japan basically replied - No GFYS to the UN, who quietly shut up.

History of Gun Control in Japan

Gun control was instituted in Japan soon after guns were introduced there, and the country has a long history of policies that restrict gun possession by members of the general public.

Guns were introduced to Japan through wakō[1] and Europeans in the mid-sixteenth century.[2] In 1588, the ruler of Japan, Hideyoshi Toyotomi, announced the Sword Hunt, which banned possession of swords and firearms by people who were not soldiers. “The measure had the double advantage from the ruler’s point of view of preventing riots and distinguishing the peasant from the soldier.”[3]

During the Tokugawa period (1603–1867),[4] gun control was expanded. The Tokugawa Shogunate issued the following regulations and decrees:
Year Regulation/Decree
1629: The use of guns for the control of pests was permitted upon submission of a written declaration that the gun would be used properly.
1645: The use of guns in Edo (Tokyo) was prohibited except by gun officials.
1662: The possession of guns other than by hunters was prohibited. Hunters were registered and prohibited from renting out guns to others.
1676: Crackdowns on illegal gun possessors would be conducted
1685: Persons who turned in or reported shooters of illegal guns would be rewarded.
1687: Villages without hunters were allowed to rent guns.
1717: Even hunters were prohibited from possessing guns in Edo and its outskirts. Guns could be rented for pest control for limited periods.
1729: The rental conditions imposed in 1717 were tightened: the gun rental period would be for one year, a rental document would have to be submitted annually, and the number of boars and deer taken in the previous year had to be reported.[5

Love it or leave it, that is a good reply. Just another okie from muskogee i bet.

You say we have more freedoms than the rest of the world, obviously you have never been outside the us of a. That is a fallacy and has been for a long time. Freedom is not just confined to our shores, sorry, in fact many nations have more freedom than we do, I would dare to say that most of them do.

True, many nations are more homogenous than us, but Canada? It is very similar to us, yet has almost 1/10th the amount of gun deaths than we do and 1/3 the amount of guns per person.

I truly do not understand your NEED for guns, really somebody explain it to me. Don't wrap it in the constitution, which is escapist, explain it in the cold reality of everyday life. Why do you NEED to have a gun wrapped around your waist, in your purse, or in your car when you go to walmart, or sonic, or church? Why is it so gd important?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Love it or leave it, that is a good reply. Just another okie from muskogee i bet.

You say we have more freedoms than the rest of the world, obviously you have never been outside the us of a. That is a fallacy and has been for a long time. Freedom is not just confined to our shores, sorry, in fact many nations have more freedom than we do, I would dare to say that most of them do.

:bs: I spent a Year in Korea ....

I truly do not understand your NEED for guns, really somebody explain it to me. Don't wrap it in the constitution, which is escapist, explain it in the cold reality of everyday life. Why do you NEED to have a gun wrapped around your waist, in your purse, or in your car when you go to walmart, or sonic, or church? Why is it so gd important?

Frankly I do not have to justify myself for you, it is laid out in the Constitution .... you don't like it, hold a Constitutional Convention and change the 2nd Amendment

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I truly do not understand your NEED for guns, really somebody explain it to me.

“[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation (where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.”
― James Madison

“A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves... and include all men capable of bearing arms.”
― Richard Henry Lee, The Letters of Richard Henry Lee 1762-1778 V1

“Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
― A.E. Samaan

"The said Constitution [shall] be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms." — Massachusetts' U.S. Constitution ratification convention, 1788

The Constitution preserves "the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation. . . (where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." — The Federalist, No. 46

glhs837

Power with Control

Lets see, other nations ban guns and have no problems, they don't live in fear of seeing their kids school shot up, have to go through metal detectors to go to a concert, or museum, or ball game.

Less than 3% of our population own 50% of all guns, and the US of A owns more than half of the guns in the world. So yeah there is that. The minority of citizens own guns, and most people believe in increased gun control. But we cannot do that because ..... oh wait lets look at the arguments presented here.

Statistically, you're more likely to be molested by your teacher than shot by a classmate.
hen the stats catch to up to Muslim Killings or the numbers murdered in Honduras every year wake me up
have the inalienable god given right to have guns and that is guaranteed by our Constitution

all of these are flippant non-sequitur that don't attempt to solve the issue. Haha funny stuff, unless it is your kid that is shot.

The issue is that minority of the population that own guns cry out the loudest when anyone attempts to "take away their freedom" by imposing regulation on the handling of a deadly weapon. So lets let everyone drive drunk, because a vehicle operated by an intoxicated person is a deadly weapon, and lord knows it is their right to conduct interstate commerce (according to the constitution), so we don't need rules, that would infringe on their rights.

So, any suggestion that isnt one you like isnt serious? Hard to get anywhere like that. And when other nations (three of the four on your list, btw) have needed to be saved from evil people, which nation came, and still comes, to their aid? Thats right, the ugly gun owning Americans.

So, who owns the other 50%? And your "most people" stat is another of those twisted numbers based on very carefully crafted questions. WE have made great strides in reducing the amount of drunk drivers through the simple expedient of actually making tougher laws regarding drunk driving and enforcing the crap out of them. And by tougher, I really mean making it illegal :) We have already made virtually every combination of crime and guns illegal, but we dont enforce those laws worth a crap. The guy who peddled the 70 handguns stolen from the Tackle Box should have received 30 years in jail, no parole. With more time added for every damn crime committed with one of those guns. Along with the guys who stole them.

Yep, that is why nothing gets done, " i don't have to justify it, this here piece of paper says so"
I just asked a rational question, why do you NEED a gun. Nobody answered. When questioned people get hostile or walk away. Says a lot.

Toxick

Splat
True, many nations are more homogenous than us, but Canada? It is very similar to us, yet has almost 1/10th the amount of gun deaths than we do and 1/3 the amount of guns per person.

The mindset of the average Canadian is far different than the mindset of the average USAian. We are 10 times larger population-wise, and our population is far more heterogeneous than theirs.

I truly do not understand your NEED for guns, really somebody explain it to me.

I don't need guns.

I don't need to live indoors.

I don't need easy access to grocery stores, or public transportation, or clothing.

I don't need the internet.

But I'll be god-damned if I'm going to allow some little ####stain to take any of those away from me because they think they can control my life better than I can.

Don't wrap it in the constitution, which is escapist, explain it in the cold reality of everyday life. Why do you NEED to have a gun wrapped around your waist, in your purse, or in your car when you go to walmart, or sonic, or church? Why is it so gd important?

Wanna hear something funny?

I don't own a gun.

But you - or anyone else - who tells me that I can't have one can go eat ####.

It's in the constitution. It's my God-given right.

I don't need another reason.

Toxick

Splat
wow alrighty then, i hope you don't get a gun, you got anger issues dude

No I don't.

Allow me to rephrase so that I don't hurt your feelings:

I don't need guns.
I don't need to live indoors.
I don't need easy access to grocery stores, or public transportation, or clothing.
I don't need the internet.

But gosh-darnit - I believe that I have the right to have access to those things and I emphatically disagree with those who try to deny those things to me.

-----------

Wanna hear something funny?
I don't own a gun.

But I will write a strongly worded letter to anyone who tells me I can't have one!

It's in the constitution. It's my God-given right.

Because Freedom.

Better punkin?