A school shooting every 60 hours. (And other BS stats)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A lot of constitutional blather aside, nobody has really come up with a valid reason for owning a gun other than out of precaution. I would argue that in modern society gun ownership is the opposite of living cautiously, it is bourn out of a belief (real or imagined) that there exists a clear and present danger in everyday life and an individual needs to gird themselves with arms against this ever present danger.

Good for you. Don't buy a firearm.

The rest of us will continue to agree with the founders position and understanding, which mirrors our own. And meanwhile..until we ever need them for anything more serious, they are fun to shoot for sport. In fact..I think I'll go put a few rounds downrange with one of my many AR's today...must stay proficient, you know. ;-)

Chris0nllyn

A lot of constitutional blather aside, nobody has really come up with a valid reason for owning a gun other than out of precaution. I would argue that in modern society gun ownership is the opposite of living cautiously, it is bourn out of a belief (real or imagined) that there exists a clear and present danger in everyday life and an individual needs to gird themselves with arms against this ever present danger.

I tend to believe that most people are too dam busy with their lives to be plotting my demise and sensible actions and avoiding danger are a better defense than arming myself and being in attack mode.

Why do you think police have guns?

glhs837

Power with Control

The rest of us will continue to agree with the founders position and understanding, which mirrors our own. And meanwhile..until we ever need them for anything more serious, they are fun to shoot for sport. In fact..I think I'll go put a few rounds downrange with one of my many AR's today...must stay proficient, you know. ;-)

Great idea, I'll take my 10/22 down behind the house and empty a few of my 10 round magazines worth through some plywood. Silly me forgot to buy 25 round ones last trip to VA. Only have the one 10 round that came with the gun.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Great idea, I'll take my 10/22 down behind the house and empty a few of my 10 round magazines worth through some plywood. Silly me forgot to buy 25 round ones last trip to VA. Only have the one 10 round that came with the gun.

I'm not a big fan of large capacity mags..they can make the firearm unwieldy. I normally carry 20-rd mags on my ARs ( a heavy mag load on the Beowulf .50), 10-rd on my PSLs and other Russian rifles, and 57 round pan mags for my DPs' instead of the 72-round mags a lot of folks use. That 100+round drum mag stuff..not in to it..don't own one. Of course I've got some 250-round belts that feed some..but that's different.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm not a big fan of large capacity mags..they can make the firearm unwieldy. I normally carry 20-rd mags on my ARs ( a heavy mag load on the Beowulf .50), 10-rd on my PSLs and other Russian rifles, and 57 round pan mags for my DPs' instead of the 72-round mags a lot of folks use. That 100+round drum mag stuff..not in to it..don't own one. Of course I've got some 250-round belts that feed some..but that's different.

Yeah, 25 rounds of .22LR dont take up much space :)

black dog

Free America
a lot of constitutional blather aside, nobody has really come up with a valid reason for owning a gun other than out of precaution. I would argue that in modern society gun ownership is the opposite of living cautiously, it is bourn out of a belief (real or imagined) that there exists a clear and present danger in everyday life and an individual needs to gird themselves with arms against this ever present danger.

I tend to believe that most people are too dam busy with their lives to be plotting my demise and sensible actions and avoiding danger are a better defense than arming myself and being in attack mode.

lol....

black dog

Free America

My 700's only hold 3,5 or 10 rounds depending on caliber.. My carry 226 holds 17, but its just to make sure I get to a 700.

black dog

Free America

Its good to be self employed... A few of us ventured to shoot out to 750 today up in Wabash. The air today with the mist was so dense i needed to add a extra 3 mils to be on at 750 with the 308..

Hijinx

Its good to be self employed... A few of us ventured to shoot out to 750 today up in Wabash. The air today with the mist was so dense i needed to add a extra 3 mils to be on at 750 with the 308..

Is there a good gun repair shop in St. Mary's county?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

I'll be in Muncie and Indy shortly; that's where all our titanium hardware is built...should I bring a rifle or three? ;-)

black dog

Free America
Is there a good gun repair shop in St. Mary's county?

Not that I would take any of my firearms to, for general repairs I still use Atlantic Guns Silver Spring Store ( they have a full-time gunsmith ) and if it's a gun I'm anal about I use Scott's Gunsmithing in Glen Burnie. Scott started as a gunsmith with Atlantic Guns.
For custom work I use Penrod or Stenski out here in Indiana.

black dog

Free America
I'll be in Muncie and Indy shortly; that's where all our titanium hardware is built...should I bring a rifle or three? ;-)

You'll be close..
I'll meet you at Walbash... Let me know.. Will Russian Bullets travel that far?

http://www.bassandbucks.com/shooting-range/

One of the ya ya's that I shoot with is friends with the owner, we can shoot on the closed days when we need to..
There store is pretty nice also.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The point is - The Bill of Rights is not an enumeration of rights granted to me by a magnanimous government - they are rights that I naturally have, and which the government may not infringe upon.

Much as you think they may.

Nailed IT.

:yay:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A lot of constitutional blather aside, nobody has really come up with a valid reason for owning a gun other than out of precaution.

as perceived in your small mind ....

:drama: I don't see where you need a gun, begone peasant