A very serious situation may unfold on Sunday! 6/5/2016

DannyMotorcycle

hopefully it holds off enough tomorrow morning for me to clear out that down drain pipe.. doh

*edit* actually the hourly forecast looks it should't be too bad.. i can procrastinate more... because tha'ts a good idea...

Last edited:
Might want to check the radar. Big squall now passing Charlottesville, probably be here in a few hours.

littlelady

God bless the USA
yea from 1 to 3 am or somethign like that.. but.. nothing i can do about that right now.. should be okay.

I hope so. We stayed at daughters in Olney an extra day to help out one more time. I hope we don't have to drive home in bad weather. I am on baby duty right now. We told the parents to go to bed at 8pm. So far, so good. Parents and baby are sleeping peacefully. I will rest when I die. :lol: We have so many trees around our house, and some have fallen because of too much moisture. Hopefully, when we get home, all is ok. We have been gone for two weeks. I am more worried that the deer have eaten my beds; I sprayed deer-away before we left. That stuff is straight up coyote urine. The smell is awful. Hopefully, it works.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Might want to check the radar. Big squall now passing Charlottesville, probably be here in a few hours.

We are starting to see some garden shower type rain and some lightening now. Yes, I am up. We were grazing parties yesterday and I think my husband ate way too much. He is pretty miserable and misery loves company (me being the company).

littlelady

God bless the USA
We are starting to see some garden shower type rain and some lightening now. Yes, I am up. We were grazing parties yesterday and I think my husband ate way too much. He is pretty miserable and misery loves company (me being the company).

:lol: Great play on words! Thanks for the update in our neck of the woods which we are not at, right now. I have a phobia about too much rain and storms because it landed a hickory on our house during Hurricane Irene. I love visiting my dot and fam, but worry about the homestead. We live in the woods.

Last edited:
Might be worth keeping an eye on the weather towards afternoon/evening. Local weather report says these storms could be bringing straight-line winds of 70mph. This is an Eastern Shore station (WBOC) but it's usually pretty reliable for this area too, but they do tend to predict higher winds than reality.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Any RECENT updates???

I checked around and WTOP is reporting 4-8 p.m. blah blah blah but they didn't make it sound as scary as my 1st posting which was yesterday's prediction.

Hessian

Tropical depression 3 is headed for Florida (as a storm) then up the fringe of the Carolina coast (storm status unchanged)...rocketing toward Europe by Tuesday night.

We now enter the HHH of summer.

The entire area has just been put into a severe t-storm watch. The major part of the storm west of us looks like it may skirt north of us. But, pop-ups are possible.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Any RECENT updates???

I checked around and WTOP is reporting 4-8 p.m. blah blah blah but they didn't make it sound as scary as my 1st posting which was yesterday's prediction.

The entire area has just been put into a severe t-storm watch. The major part of the storm west of us looks like it may skirt north of us. But, pop-ups are possible.
GW comment looks correct with the interactive radar prediction.

But we will get some rain around 5:30.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
The severe thunderstorm watch has been canceled for all D.C.-area counties. Thunderstorms are all east of the Bay.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Such a letdown. :ohwell:

I wanted a little bit of rain but the rest of what they were calling for, I did not.

Earlier today, my step-mother dropped off 2 large boxes of Black Eyed Susans so I was rushing around trying to get them in the ground only to learn I could have taken my time.

I like a good storm, lots of thunder/lightning. I sleep better. Just the high winds I don't like.