A very serious situation may unfold on Sunday! 6/5/2016

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Heard a couple loud booms off in the distance somewhere..no rain..no wind.....a quiet evening and night, pretty much.

Our "osprey tree" is getting really old (it's been standing dead for over 25 years and counting) and it's starting to lean. I'd hate to see it go with chicks in the nest. I'm sure it's going down soon...but hope it's later this year.

Hannibal

What a let down. Since the original posts on Friday (I believe), I had this system on refresh on the Weather app. Not many things of love more than a good storm and this one had high hopes. Changed my weekend plans up a bit so I could get the grass cut and the yard prepped (bring down some potential hazards, move some potted plants into the garage, etc.). I started to watch the reports Sunday morning and ignored the thoughts that it was going to die out. Didn't want to believe it. Kept looking to the sky waiting for the black clouds to start coming into view. Nothing .......

I'm just south of PF and didn't even get a distant rumble of thunder. At some point late in the evening, 1/2 my driveway looked like it experienced SOME level of falling moisture. I'd hesitate to even call it rain. Pathetic.

Time to set the sprinklers up and give that well pump a good workout.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
What a let down. Since the original posts on Friday (I believe), I had this system on refresh on the Weather app. Not many things of love more than a good storm and this one had high hopes. Changed my weekend plans up a bit so I could get the grass cut and the yard prepped (bring down some potential hazards, move some potted plants into the garage, etc.). I started to watch the reports Sunday morning and ignored the thoughts that it was going to die out. Didn't want to believe it. Kept looking to the sky waiting for the black clouds to start coming into view. Nothing .......

I'm just south of PF and didn't even get a distant rumble of thunder. At some point late in the evening, 1/2 my driveway looked like it experienced SOME level of falling moisture. I'd hesitate to even call it rain. Pathetic.

Time to set the sprinklers up and give that well pump a good workout.

I agree. Very disappointing. I heard distant thunder around 7pm and started getting excited but by 7:30pm, things were quiet again.

Clem72

I wanted a little bit of rain but the rest of what they were calling for, I did not.

Earlier today, my step-mother dropped off 2 large boxes of Black Eyed Susans so I was rushing around trying to get them in the ground only to learn I could have taken my time.

Similar story, had to rush to fix a leaky doorframe before the weather before all hell breaks loose at 2pm. Turns out I could have taken my time. Don't think I saw a single drop of rain all afternoon.