A weather pounding?

RPMDAD

Lived in Mass. and survived this one. This is exactly why i have no use what so ever in any way shape or form for snow anymore. The wind driven snow drifts were unbelievable.

The Northeastern United States blizzard of 1978[1][2] was a catastrophic and historic nor'easter that brought blizzard conditions to the New England region of the United States, New Jersey and the New York metropolitan area. The "Blizzard of '78" formed on February 5, 1978 (a Sunday) and broke up on February 7, 1978.[3] Snowfall occurred primarily between Monday morning, February 6 and the evening of Tuesday, February 7. Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts were particularly hit hard by this storm.

Boston received a then-record 27.1 inches (69 cm) of snow; Providence also broke a record, with 27.6 inches (70 cm) of snow;[3] Atlantic City broke an all-time storm accumulation with 20.1 inches (51 cm). Nearly all economic activity was disrupted in the worst-hit areas. The storm killed approximately 100 people in the Northeast and injured around 4,500.[3] The storm also caused over US$520 million (US$1.88 billion in present terms[4]) in damage.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeastern_United_States_blizzard_of_1978

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Lived in Mass. and survived this one. This is exactly why i have no use what so ever in any way shape or form for snow anymore. The wind driven snow drifts were unbelievable.

The Northeastern United States blizzard of 1978[1][2] was a catastrophic and historic nor'easter that brought blizzard conditions to the New England region of the United States, New Jersey and the New York metropolitan area. The "Blizzard of '78" formed on February 5, 1978 (a Sunday) and broke up on February 7, 1978.[3] Snowfall occurred primarily between Monday morning, February 6 and the evening of Tuesday, February 7. Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts were particularly hit hard by this storm.

Boston received a then-record 27.1 inches (69 cm) of snow; Providence also broke a record, with 27.6 inches (70 cm) of snow;[3] Atlantic City broke an all-time storm accumulation with 20.1 inches (51 cm). Nearly all economic activity was disrupted in the worst-hit areas. The storm killed approximately 100 people in the Northeast and injured around 4,500.[3] The storm also caused over US$520 million (US$1.88 billion in present terms[4]) in damage.[3]

I lived in RI for 2 years in the late '90s and the snow storms I saw would make me cry and people there would laugh at me. The snow in MD was really nothing compared to that, but enough to make me migrate south.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I was in SoNH for that one.. on third turn shoveling the driveway when the snowblower was delivered that my dad had ordered but failed to tell me about.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, remember that one. My mother had her first heart attack during it. Ambulance couldn't make it up the hill we lived on, a cop car with chains had to come fetch her.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Jeez... Missed us again... And here I was looking forward to a good pounding...

All along we were only getting rain during the first part of the storm. Even during the second part of the storm we weren't forecast to get high snow amounts.

It's always iffy in SOMD due to all the water around us.

7:35 AM Sunday January 25 2015 -The largest winter storm of the season will affect our entire region aSunday night through Tuesday. There has been an adjustment in how it will progress, which is why I was slow to put out details: Trend of faster arrival time of a clipper to our west, and then the redevelopment off of the coast (Miller B type storm). Result: It may arrive Sunday evening as rain locally, then change over to snow north of Baltimore overnight. Monday could be a mix or rain in central Maryland then change over to snow for everyone. The transition may be later in the day due to the coastal storm taking over. Ironically, those that turn to snow later, might get more on the Delmarva and New Jersey thanks to the Coastal Low with blizzard conditions.
http://www.justinweather.com/news/2015/01/25/winter-storm-monday-and-tuesday-its-complicated/

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Sorry, my fault. Made a plane reservation for Boy2 for tomorrow. We're (at least BWI) is gonna get snowed in.

hotcoffee

I was in SoNH for that one.. on third turn shoveling the driveway when the snowblower was delivered that my dad had ordered but failed to tell me about.

My daughter is in SoNH just north of Boston. My grandson is 4 and has his own snow shovel.... lol.... it should be a lot of fun for him.... lol

:coffee:

vince77

son lives just south of Boston, was going tomorrow to visit I'll put off until later this week, said he hasn't even taken his snow shovel out this winter

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm hoping it does NOT snow much around here - I'm scheduled for jury duty and I am scheduled to show up on Wednesday. :yahoo:

DEEKAYPEE8569

If it snows, it snows. If we get 1".....whatever.....we can deal with whatever we get. Me, I'm stayin' off the road. That's how I deal with it.
Over the years, I have had absolutely no luck trying to drive in it.....with others on the road that is.....