A weather pounding?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Reports on FB that it's snowing in Northern Calvert. Still too warm to stick though. I am off tomorrow but have to take kids to Dr's for shots so it really doesn't matter how much we get. A little, I can deal with it. A lot, cancel the appointment and enjoy the snow day. I'm sure the kids won't mind not getting the shots. :)

awpitt

Main Streeter
Not much going to happen in St. Mary's...

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.274907701730115&lon=-76.43888912972875&site=all&smap=1#.VMZBk3Yo7xg

Today
Rain likely before noon, then rain and snow. High near 43. North wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tonight
Rain and snow, becoming all snow after midnight. Low around 28. Blustery, with a north wind 17 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tuesday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Northwest wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Reports on FB that it's snowing in Northern Calvert. Still too warm to stick though. I am off tomorrow but have to take kids to Dr's for shots so it really doesn't matter how much we get. A little, I can deal with it. A lot, cancel the appointment and enjoy the snow day. I'm sure the kids won't mind not getting the shots.:)

I wouldn't mind not getting the shots either. Those needles are HUGE!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I wouldn't mind not getting the shots either. Those needles are HUGE!

Surprisingly, my two don't mind shots. They were given a choice of whether or not to get these because they are not required. They both said they wanted them. The issue came when they found out it entailed 3 shots over time instead of a "one and done" type of deal.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
FINALLY the TRUTH about how much SMOW !!!

We so much need some clarification as the smow totals are varying wildly!

Attachments

• chanceofsmow.jpg
    chanceofsmow.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 171

DEEKAYPEE8569

We so much need some clarification as the smow totals are varying wildly!

The latest forecast on Channel 4; says rain for Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's. Channel 7 has a majority of the viewing area under a winter weather advisory; so.....just rain; but if it dips to around freezing tonight.....well.....you know.....

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
The latest forecast on Channel 4; says rain for Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's. Channel 7 has a majority of the viewing area under a winter weather advisory; so.....just rain; but if it dips to around freezing tonight.....well.....you know.....

Was rain in Brandywine at 6am but by 7am it was smow. Smow all the way to work near DC. I figured even if it continues to smow, the roads were warm enough yesterday that it'll take a while for the surface to be cool enough for it to stick, so once I see it sticking I'll head home.

KDENISE977

Was rain in Brandywine at 6am but by 7am it was smow. Smow all the way to work near DC. I figured even if it continues to smow, the roads were warm enough yesterday that it'll take a while for the surface to be cool enough for it to stick, so once I see it sticking I'll head home.

I'm with you Arkie , but I'm up in Bowie and I think things will get dicey here quicker !!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'm with you Arkie , but I'm up in Bowie and I think things will get dicey here quicker !!

Yes I agree. We have a number of people from work that are telecommuting today due to the weather uncertainty. I could have done the same, but I expected we'd not get smow until late in the day, but I guess that forecast changed. Driving a puddle jumper is scary in icy weather. I so much wish my SUV repairs were complete so I can make use of it. I'd rather be in the old SUV than a puddle jumper in bad weather.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
You guys are getting the rain we had for 2 days. It is still in the 50's here but drops down to the 30's. I swear if it snows here the city shuts down.

KDENISE977

Yes I agree. We have a number of people from work that are telecommuting today due to the weather uncertainty. I could have done the same, but I expected we'd not get smow until late in the day, but I guess that forecast changed. Driving a puddle jumper is scary in icy weather. I so much wish my SUV repairs were complete so I can make use of it. I'd rather be in the old SUV than a puddle jumper in bad weather.

I do have an SUV (4Runner) but it never matters what you drive on ICE !!! My car is heavy and solid but ice is ice.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I do have an SUV (4Runner) but it never matters what you drive on ICE !!! My car is heavy and solid but ice is ice.

Thus begins the occasional debate over which is better: FWD or AWD or 4WD. There are distinctions between the second and the third choices; 4WD vehicles apply the same power to all four wheels; spinning out of control or not. In AWD-equipped vehicles, more or less power is applied to the wheel losing more traction; something now controlled by the ECU; the but when driving on ice the results are more often the same, if done foolishly. Just because all four wheels are propelling the vehicle; on ice, when traction is broken, it's 'pucker time.'

SG_Player1974

Im not too worried about the snow. What I AM worried about is the snow/rain freezing at the lower temps and the wind gusts. Should shape up to be an interesting morning tomorrow!

awpitt

Main Streeter
I am so lost because I thought we were gonna get smow tomorrow big time - apparently what we get won't be much since the storm will be rolling up the coast. Awww crap I wanted a bunch of SMOW! :tantrum:

What made you think were going to get big time snow tomorrow?