Main Streeter
Record stock market
Illegal invaders crossing the border down significantly
Thousands of new jobs created
Low unemployment
Highest black homeownership ever
Restrictive business regulations eliminated
Congressional sexual harassers/abusers outed

I hope he continues to not care about us.

All Barry & Mooch have are their sour grapes.

Record stock market - The stock market has been setting records every year since 2010. You'll notice that during the first eleven months of the Obama administration, the stock market grew by 30.3% while during the first eleven months of the Trump administration, the stock market has grown by 23.8%.

O-T-11.jpg

Illegal invaders crossing the border down significantly - The highest number of deportations occurred during the Obama administration. https://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/08/trump-deportations-behind-obama-levels-241420

Thousands of new jobs created - Job creation was already well underway prior to Trump's election. I'm glad to see he's been able to maintain the already existing trend.

Low unemployment - Unemployment was already falling prior to Trump's election. I'm glad to see he's been able to maintain the already existing trend.

Highest black homeownership ever - False. The black home ownership rate was 42% for the third quarter of 2017. The actual highest recorded black home ownership rate was 49% which was during the second quarter of 2004.

Restrictive business regulations eliminated - This one is good.

Congressional sexual harassers/abusers outed - This has nothing to do with Trump except maybe his own alleged behavior and recorded statement have called attention to the problem of sexual harassers/abusers.

SamSpade

Record stock market - The stock market has been setting records every year since 2010. You'll notice that during the first eleven months of the Obama administration, the stock market grew by 30.3% while during the first eleven months of the Trump administration, the stock market has grown by 23.8%.

SORT of a weak argument - since it started in a hole. It took four years just to get back to where it was a year before he took office.
You can argue that he brought it out of that hole, but historically, bounce backs from recessions are usually very fast - and his was slow.

Illegal invaders crossing the border down significantly - The highest number of deportations occurred during the Obama administration.
Thousands of new jobs created - Job creation was already well underway prior to Trump's election. I'm glad to see he's been able to maintain the already existing trend.
Low unemployment - Unemployment was already falling prior to Trump's election. I'm glad to see he's been able to maintain the already existing trend.

The deportation argument is weak but there's some truth to it - illegals are not entering the country at an increasing rate. It is still an un-dealt with problem, sort of like North Korea.
The problem with the deportation argument is many-fold but the gist of it is, they turned away a lot of people at the border, and that counts as a deportation.

The jobs creation is actually better than it seems, because labor force is increasing in size faster than it was. I'd hazard a guess and say, people are finding work that had given up.

Strangely enough, people who seem to dislike Trump - even in the polls - they're giving him better marks.

Toxick

Splat
that Trump never gave a rat's ass about you or your needs...

Don't need him to.

Didn't need Obama to either.
Nor Bush.
Nor Clinton.

All I need is for the government to get the #### out of my way, and I'll handle my own needs.

The only candidates in recent memory who actually wanted to get the government out of the way have been written off as kooks by the establishment candidates and their jizz receptacles., without anyone actually listening to, or putting thought into their agendas.

awpitt

Main Streeter
SORT of a weak argument - since it started in a hole.

Not really. That 30% growth figure is net growth from the 0% baseline. If you want to add the hole you mentioned, you'd have to add another 11% to the 30% net growth figure.

stgislander

PREMO Member
For me personally, much of it comes down to consumer confidence of which there wasn't much of during the Obama administration... no matter how much they said everything was good.

[video=youtube;PdbpmeUODME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdbpmeUODME[/video]

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
For me personally, much of it comes down to consumer confidence of which there wasn't much of during the Obama administration... no matter how much they said everything was good.

Throughout Barry's reign, the media constantly reported the lack of good economic news on any front as "unexpected". Now, they still use the word...LOL:

U.S. retail sales increased more than expected in November as the holiday shopping season got off to a brisk start, pointing to sustained strength in the economy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/14/us-retail-sales-nov-2017.html

Starman

Still overlooking the fact that neither Obama nor Trump have much to do with this at all.

Corporate buybacks and scarcity of alternative investments given globally low, nominally negative interest rates are the primary drivers of the current bull market. There is a "Trump Bump", as certainly there is a component of optimism that gets injected into the market. But very small overall.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There is a "Trump Bump", as certainly there is a component of optimism that gets injected into the market. But very small overall.

that is all I ever claimed ... electing the man changed peoples mood / outlook, to something more positive