• Hell yes.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Hell no.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I don't have enough information.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

HemiHauler

Gone are the days of dischargeable student loans. Back in the day, we all knew we were gonna file for bankruptcy before the mortarboard even hit the ground.

herb749

So 10K this election cycle & another for the next. Can democrats keep this up buying the college vote .?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I understand completely, most folks cannot even figure out simple interest,
I just saw a story where someone was complaining they make $350k a year and live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford their student loan. Oh really :rolleyes: They need to try living on my income which is only 1/7th of what they make and I live paycheck to paycheck too BUT I manage to pay my student loan monthly because to not pay means bad credit and bad credit means you pay MORE for things like credit interest and car insurance among other things.

SamSpade

I just saw a story where someone was complaining they make $350k a year and live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford their student loan. Oh really :rolleyes: They need to try living on my income which is only 1/7th of what they make and I live paycheck to paycheck too BUT I manage to pay my student loan monthly because to not pay means bad credit and bad credit means you pay MORE for things like credit interest and car insurance among other things.
Chances are good that if they make 350k a year, their student loan debt might be 2/3 that.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Chances are good that if they make 350k a year, their student loan debt might be 2/3 that.
My student loan debt is about the same as what I make a year so maybe I'm worse off than they are? I promise you they probably live way better than I do.

Hijinx

Their debt may be 2/3 of that but their payment is not, and I am sure if they paid just a portion each month the Government would not turn it down.

PeoplesElbow

I read that, they also had $170k in car loans and a $4500/month mortgage. These people could not leave within their means so save their lives.

BOP

Student debtors refuse to pay back loans: ‘I’m not gonna feed this monster anymore’

“These loans have become weaponized, they’re viciously predatory and hyperinflationary,” Alan Collinge, founder of nonprofit group Student Loan Justice, told The Post. “So, they’ve become these licenses to steal [from borrowers].”

Collinge, 52, said the student loan system is helplessly trapped in a “death spiral” with total freefall coming in months; he noted that nearly 60% of borrowers were not paying off their loans as of last 2019, prior to the coronavirus pandemic.

[clip]

Yazan Alswaeer, 38, of New Castle, Pennsylvania​

Total debt: $118,000

Education: Pittsburgh Technical College; Capella University

Prior monthly payment: n/a

Alswaeer expects to receive his master’s degree in information technology in December, some nine years after the Jordanian native arrived in the United States. The proposed $20,000 relief would’ve been a drop in the single father’s debt bucket, but now he’s desperately emailing the White House for help. “I have no plan,” Alswaeer told The Post. “My plan is I am not going to make payments.” Biden’s campaign promise to forgive tuition-related federal student debt was the “only reason” Alswaeer voted for the Democrat.

“With the school debt that I have, there’s no way I will ever think about buying a house or settling down,” he said. “It hurts seeing many Americans suffering financially while a great country such as ours has the resources it needs to make every American live a decent life.”

Heather Helton, 39, of Warsaw, Indiana

Total debt: $56,000

Education: Grace College; Indiana Wesleyan University

Prior monthly payment: $137

Helton said her debt servicer, the Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority, is expecting a $349 payment in December rather than January – a month earlier than other borrowers. Known as MOHELA, the quasi-government agency became the sole provider for debtors pursuing Public Service Loan Forgiveness nationwide this past summer.

Helton, who has had five different loan providers since graduating in 2006, said she feels duped having to deal with yet another loan company. Helton added that she “absolutely” plans to stop paying down her sizable balance — along with a 6% interest rate.

“This was a federal con artist operation,” she told The Post. “They knew exactly what they were doing and it caused a lot of false hopes.”

Helton previously intended to fully repay her loans, but she’s now mulling alternatives like lobbying local politicians or “blasting social media” for help. “Something needs to give,” she said.

🤣

A FEDERAL Con-Artist Operation .... promising false hope's ... false hope about what ?

Well then give up your Diploma and any benifits of having that degree you refuse to pay for, like not making a car or house payment, you should LOSE any benefits derived from that degree
College-educated, yet stupid mother slappers.

Question: "BOP, why did you 'settle' for a degree from a public liberal arts college, and not even the main campus when you were more than qualified to go to UPenn, and in fact, had been accepted?"

Answer: "Because I would have left UPenn with $100,000.00 in debt for my upper division work. That's the last 2 years of my college career, for the slow among us. $100,000.00 for tuition and fees. That doesn't include books, and I'm not counting on grants and scholarships to defray those costs. With a family to consider, I'm not putting us into that kind of debt."

That was based on an actual conversation I had with a co-worker.

As it was, I left my commuter campus with a diploma that says "Letters, Arts, and Sciences" (no actual scientists were harmed in the acquisition of said degree) from Big Ten University, Commonwealth College. Total debt: $40,000.00. It took me right at 10 years to pay it off, working mostly as an auto mechanic, which is what I went to college to get away from doing. Ironic, isn't it? I'm thankful I had an actual skill, as well as the tools to fall back on.

You signed the loan agreements; pay the money back. If you don't like that, and you're not willing to vote conservative because "they're mean," eat a bag of dicks. The leftists are the ones pulling the football out at the last moment. They lie, you believe them, and blame conservatives because you fall for it every. gawddamn. time.

BOP

I was told that I NEEDED a degree to be valuable to the company I worked for (I was a Government Contractor with a Secret Clearance) and that once I received my degree my pay would increase substantially allowing me to repay the student loan BUT the pay increase never materialized. I stopped at a B S Degree because I was already approaching $50k in debt and I did not want my debt to go any higher considering my pay did not increase as I expected. After 25 1/2 years of service the new manager decided I was making too much money (sheesh I did a good job so received raises) and that he could hire 2 people for what I was being paid. I wish I had known that was going to happen when I was working from home 24/7 when I wasn't in the office (kept jobs running for our clients). I live and learn and I still have MORE debt to repay after 17 years of paying .....
I was highly encouraged to get a master's degree when I went to work for the Gov't. In fact, I actually started an online MBA from the University of Tulsa. UT is a very highly-rated school, especially with respect to petroleum engineering, and the iMBA was the most reasonably priced one that I'd found.

Unfortunately, life got in the way. Work, travel, family...plus I'd had not one single course at the baccalaureate level that prepared me for an MBA.

I gave it up in 2005, and honestly: it hasn't made a diff of bitterance in my life or my now former career.

BOP

Gone are the days of dischargeable student loans. Back in the day, we all knew we were gonna file for bankruptcy before the mortarboard even hit the ground.
That was your boy Klinton, and his Congress of Clowns that pulled that stunt.