Above gound & in-ground pools

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
camily said:
Thanks Chasey, you got me worked up about a pool now. I have sent for information from several fiberglass pool companies. One called me this morning and is sending info. I am hoping to set up some appointments soon. :yay:
You going inground?

camily

Peace
Chasey_Lane said:
You going inground?
I'm thinkin' I am. Have to wait and see the products though. I don't think the covenances in our neighborhood allow above ground. You know, they wouldn't want Bannister to look bad. :killingme :killingme

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
camily said:
I'm thinkin' I am. Have to wait and see the products though. I don't think the covenances in our neighborhood allow above ground. You know, they wouldn't want Bannister to look bad. :killingme :killingme
You'd be surprised at how an above-ground Kayak pool can be customed to look like an inground. It's not ghetto one bit - and believe me, that was my first concern.

The cost of an inground pool just isn't worth it to me. Besides, my above-round comes equipped with an inground filtration/pump system. It will have a drain on the bottom and side of the pool. Even the sales representative with Kayak told us not to go inground. :lol:

Chasey_Lane said:
You'd be surprised at how an above-ground Kayak pool can be customed to look like an inground. It's not ghetto one bit - and believe me, that was my first concern.
Oh I hear ya, gurl...:drama: Nothin' worse than getting ghetto wet... some peoples uncool kids. :duh:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I got my above ground pool at McKays last year. $44.99. Room for only me and my raft. I've got to get to Big Lots to get the palm trees and flamingos this weekend.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
Oh I hear ya, gurl...:drama: Nothin' worse than getting ghetto wet... some peoples uncool kids. :duh:
Remember when nomoney filled her pickup truck with water last year for the 3rd annual forum festival and remember how everyone was laughing at her 'cause the water was leakin' through the bed...I don't want that to happen. :whistle:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
BS Gal said:
I got my above ground pool at McKays last year. $44.99. Room for only me and my raft. I've got to get to Big Lots to get the palm trees and flamingos this weekend.
I bought one of those a few years ago and it sat on my deck in Waldorf. Just enough room for two, maybe three people. :lol: Aaaahhh! :lmao:

camily

Peace
Chasey_Lane said:
Remember when nomoney filled her pickup truck with water last year for the 3rd annual forum festival and remember how everyone was laughing at her 'cause the water was leakin' through the bed...I don't want that to happen. :whistle:
:killingme

Chasey_Lane said:
Yeah, but remember how proud you were of Day for winning the "Jacuzzi Makin' Contest"...:shrug: You can't do that very well in a big ole fancy-smancy pool. :rolleyes:

camily

Peace
Chasey_Lane said:

The cost of an inground pool just isn't worth it to me. Besides, my above-round comes equipped with an inground filtration/pump system. It will have a drain on the bottom and side of the pool. Even the sales representative with Kayak told us not to go inground. :lol:
I got to think of the covenances though. I'm not sure of the policy.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
camily said:
I got to think of the covenances though. I'm not sure of the policy.
Conveniences? Please explain...:snacks:

Your homeowners will increase substantially and you must have a 6-foot fence. That's if you're going inground.

camily

Peace
Chasey_Lane said:

Your homeowners will increase substantially and you must have a 6-foot fence. That's if you're going inground.
You're taking all the fun out of this. You just want your referral thing-a-ma-jig. :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Chasey_Lane said:
I bought one of those a few years ago and it sat on my deck in Waldorf. Just enough room for two, maybe three people. :lol: Aaaahhh! :lmao:
Yup, that's me. Empty it on Sundays and re-fill on Thursday, put a bit of chlorine in it, cover and it's warm by Saturday at 12:00. And my wonderful hubby put a little drain hole in the deck for me. I am quite the picture of happiness until that stupid ice cream truck comes up the street and wakes me up. I'm going to take out his noise maker somehow this year.

camily

Peace
Chasey_Lane said:

Covenances, hmm, rules of the neighborhood association.

PrepH4U

Chasey_Lane said:

I think she means the rules of her homeowners association, not allowing an above ground pool. :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
camily said:
You're taking all the fun out of this. You just want your referral thing-a-ma-jig. :lmao:
It's funny, I was promoting them to a few members on here not even knowing about their referral (which is only $200 btw). :lol:

But seriously...a pool is a pool. If it works for you it is a deal. :yay: