Above gound & in-ground pools

camily

Peace
Chasey_Lane said:
Nope, the individual is responsible for the permit, sand, water & electric.
With this company (the inground one) they do all that for you I think. I'm sure the cost shows it though.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
camily said:
With this company (the inground one) they do all that for you I think. I'm sure the cost shows it though.
I think Kayak is one of the few that doesn't. A hassle on our part, but :ohwell:.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Chasey_Lane said:
Conveniences? Please explain...:snacks:

Your homeowners will increase substantially and you must have a 6-foot fence. That's if you're going inground.
What's substantial??

I tried to tell you I owned a Kayak.. if I had to do it again, I'd go inground. I just don't see the point of having a pool that you can't dive, jump or slide into (safely at least). My kids were bored with the pool the first summer, we spent more time at community pools and the YMCA pool then we did in our own.

daydreamer

itsbob said:
What's substantial??

I tried to tell you I owned a Kayak.. if I had to do it again, I'd go inground. I just don't see the point of having a pool that you can't dive, jump or slide into (safely at least). My kids were bored with the pool the first summer, we spent more time at community pools and the YMCA pool then we did in our own.
The girls have fun in a friends blow up pool. This one is 16x32. If we did the inground it would cost so much more. Have to take down the fence and install a 6ft high one. Not going to happen.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
itsbob said:
I just don't see the point of having a pool that you can't dive, jump or slide into (safely at least).
We will be able to do all of that, safely. We're getting a rectangle, not a round or oval. A freight train could run into this pool and it would still be intact. :lol:

PrepH4U

Chasey_Lane said:
We will be able to do all of that, safely. We're getting a rectangle, not a round or oval. A freight train could run into this pool and it would still be intact. :lol:
I don't think the shape has anything to do with diving safely. I think it depends upon the depth. I may be wrong though. :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
PrepH4U said:
I don't think the shape has anything to do with diving safely. I think it depends upon the depth. I may be wrong though. :shrug:
So you're saying I should get a pool bigger than 2-foot in depth, eh? :confused:

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Please whatever you do. Do not let ACE the woolly mamouth your neigbor get in the pool. You will be pulling hair outa the skimmer for months hahaha..

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
FastCarsSpeed said:
Please whatever you do. Do not let ACE the woolly mamouth your neigbor get in the pool. You will be pulling hair outa the skimmer for months hahaha..
I don't believe you. He cut the grass yesterday and I guess he was hot afterwards because I saw him running through the sprinkler with his Speedo on. I didn't see any wooly hair; not even on his legs. :rolleyes:

camily

Peace
Chasey_Lane said:
I don't believe you. He cut the grass yesterday and I guess he was hot afterwards because I saw him running through the sprinkler with his Speedo on. I didn't see any wooly hair; not even on his legs. :rolleyes:
I don't even know him and that there visual was funny! :killingme

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Chasey_Lane said:
So you're saying I should get a pool bigger than 2-foot in depth, eh? :confused:
I don't know what is considered a safe depth to dive or jump into.. but I know for sure 4 feet ain't it... You cannonball into a four foot deep pool you're likely to do some damage to your back when your butt strikes the bottom of the pool..

and I would NEVER dive head first into a pool less then 8 feet..

I do hope you enjoy your pool.. nothing nicer then basking in a pool under the stars after a 100 degree day..

But what I was trying to tell you, Kayak started at 23K, and if you agreed they would have GLADLY built you a pool for 23K.. where you can get an inground with an 8 - 10 foot deep end, 16 X 32 for 14K...

Everyone has their preferences, and buy things for different reasons, I was just trying to point out that I've been there done that, and if I did it again, I'd do it differently.

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Chasey_Lane said:

:smack: Okie dokie but I will be laughing when Day is all Pizzed off cause the Skimmer clogged and the pump blew up and the roof of your house has a Hairy Bush now..