Absolutely the worst drivers by license plate

The worst drivers are from (Not counting So. MD):

• Total voters

smilin

BOXER NATION
I must admit that I used to disparage drivers from New York or New Jersey as the most obnoxious and irresponsible drivers in the U.S.
I was wrong, They in fact are pretty darned good ones. Florida? Naw, they drive fast but are generally pretty courteous
My vote goes to the wonderful drivers of Virginia, who have no idea of the rules of the road, much less how to operate a vehicle safely while breaking every speed limit known.
Lived there and have come to the conclusion that tests cost too much so they hand licenses out at Starbucks with the coffee.
Unbelievable. There should be a drivers ed section dedicated to them.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I must admit that I used to disparage drivers from New York or New Jersey as the most obnoxious and irresponsible drivers in the U.S.
I was wrong, They in fact are pretty darned good ones. Florida? Naw, they drive fast but are generally pretty courteous
My vote goes to the wonderful drivers of Virginia, who have no idea of the rules of the road, much less how to operate a vehicle safely while breaking every speed limit known.
Lived there and have come to the conclusion that tests cost too much so they hand licenses out at Starbucks with the coffee.
Unbelievable. There should be a drivers ed section dedicated to them.
Agree. VA drivers are absolutely the worst I've ever seen.

glhs837

Power with Control
You left out Massachusetts, that is who I would of voted for.

Bad? Nah. Fast, yes, crazy, yep. But not bad. That's in Mass, of course, where its kind of a state of mutual insanity. Everyone knows it open warfare, take no prisoners:duel:. Driving any other way up there is asking to get abused.

The problems happen when MA drivers leave the state, and dont adjust their style. Like a cage fighter using his skills to get the last sale item in Wal-Mart, its inappropriate:smack:

Worst depends on which kind of driver annoys you most, I think. for me, it FL drivers, who generally seem to be living that Jimmy Buffet "dont give a hoot" lifestyle behind the wheel, never caring about whats around them as they toodle along.

SamSpade

You left out Massachusetts, that is who I would of voted for.

Having lived there for five years, I agree.

In the DC area, the number one reason for rude, dangerous driving is sheer idiocy. Some people are too stupid to live.

In Massachusetts, however, it's hubris. It's utter belligerence. They provoke on purpose. They go the wrong direction down one-way streets not because they're stupid, but because they can get away with it. They'll squeeze past you on roads so close, you'll lose a mirror - and I experienced that, twice. You'll lock bumpers pushing these guys, because if you don't move fast enough, they'll give you a little "tap". They will run lights as though they didn't matter at all. They will zip into a *parking* space to pass you on the right. Seriously. I've never seen such obnoxious driving.

It even once made Time magazine as the worst area in the nation.

Beta84

They're out to get us
You left out Maryland :tap:

the locals here are some of the most foul drivers i've ever been around, and I'm from South Florida. :jameo:

Edit: oh...not counting SOMD. Fair enough. A bunch of FL and NY drivers are good (I guess to make up for the bad ones). But the old people and immigrants are terrible.

sockgirl77

So many FL drivers are from NY. I voted for NY because I had to deal with them while living in FL and they were very rude.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Sorry morningbell, I had to vote for Jersey. Fortunately, there aren't many Jersey drivers around here.

Beta84

They're out to get us
So many FL drivers are from NY. I voted for NY because I had to deal with them while living in FL and they were very rude.
rude doesn't mean bad. they just cut you off without a signal because they're used to getting blocked if they put their signal on :lmao:

Virginia by far..........Alabama, a close second.
Bama? You serious? I've never had a complaint about Bama drivers. Very relaxed there. I don't even kno if VA is all that bad. :shrug:

T

toppick08

rude doesn't mean bad. they just cut you off without a signal because they're used to getting blocked if they put their signal on :lmao:

Bama? You serious? I've never had a complaint about Bama drivers. Very relaxed there. I don't even kno if VA is all that bad. :shrug:

Yep....Va. sucks.....'Bama ain't far behind........and Ms. rocks....:yay:...believe me, I've hit the interstates for a while.......

Vince

I used to think NY, but Maryland drivers have them and Va. beat by a long shot. MD drivers will cut you off, tailgate, pull out in front of you, etc. etc. and not think twice about any of it.

T

toppick08

I used to think NY, but Maryland drivers have them and Va. beat by a long shot. MD drivers will cut you off, tailgate, pull out in front of you, etc. etc. and not think twice about any of it.

That's because, they ain't from Md.

glhs837

Power with Control
In Massachusetts, however, it's hubris. It's utter belligerence. They provoke on purpose. I've never seen such obnoxious driving.

It even once made Time magazine as the worst area in the nation.

Like a prison, you either adapt or die. I rarely ever use those "skills" anymore, although they stood me in good stead in both Saudi and Sicily. In Saudi, you needed the "chicken" skills of being able to bluff the other guy, while in Sicily, it was not being freaked out by folks using that last half inch of space to squeeze in. Every now and again, in DC, I will, just to cut through the idiotsand get the hell moving again.

Beta, NY is kinda like Mass that way, using signals is really considered giving information to the enemy. Who is the enemy? Anyone with a steering wheel in thier hands, of course. Before I consider my chldren fully quailifed drivers, they will spend a week in Boston with me, kinda like "Hell Week" for drivers:)

:twitch:

Just got in from NY. Drove thru Long Island, Staten Island, New Jersey, Delaware, and MD.

They're ALL the worst!!!!!!