Accident SB Rt 2/4- Closed

PsyOps

Pixelated
Some of the more newer phones - in the last 4 years, have voice recog. on them. With a bug in the ear or a hands free plug in adapter, you just yell Call Home and it calls home. Kids get a big kick out of it. Some of the older phones you can just hook up a head set, but you still need to dial it. Set up speed dial.

I have an iPhone and know it has this but have been too lazy to set it up and haven't bought an earpiece yet. I really don't talk on the phone while driving. If someone calls me I keep it extremely short and tell them I'll call them from home. Today was one of those rare cases where I had to make a call. But enough to convince me I need to get up with the techy and go hands-free.

sammiegirl

The accident that happened today on RT 4 was horrible. My uncle past away at the scene. He was sitting in the back, they were stopped at light on Rt 4 (north) and that a-hole plowed into them, he hit so hard the car spun around and hit another car waiting at the light at RT (south) turning onto Rt 2 We lost a very good man today, he was always smiling, happy and willing to do anything for anyone. You will be missed RIP Wayne.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
The accident that happened today on RT 4 was horrible. My uncle past away at the scene. He was sitting in the back, they were stopped at light on Rt 4 (north) and that a-hole plowed into them, he hit so hard the car spun around and hit another car waiting at the light at RT (south) turning onto Rt 2 We lost a very good man today, he was always smiling, happy and willing to do anything for anyone. You will be missed RIP Wayne.

So sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I'm really sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever

I am so sorry to hear. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
yeah me to, and today while on the bus ride home, I saw a Maryland State Police- U38 with the phone up to his ear while he was driving- and on his laptop in the center of his car was a blue logo, yup you guessed it.. He had facebook up!
Guess that makes them above the law- Don't get me wrong- they do an wonderful of protecting us--- but when it comes to the law, they are citizens too, OBEY IT !!!

As I understand the law they are above it, purposely exempted.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

So, so sorry for your loss. My sympathies and prayers go out to you and your family.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Next time you see a cop doing it, whip out your cell phone and take a hands free picture.

Read the law, then tell me what your point is. Until then you're just yammering away without knowing what is and is not allowed.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Read the law, then tell me what your point is. Until then you're just yammering away without knowing what is and is not allowed.

It is called sarcasm. As for cell phone use, it does not really belong in this thread. I don't thing the cause of this was texting.

Let's just pray for the families involved in this accident. My guess is the others in this accident need prays too.

keepsmiling

If I heard correctly and if it was the accident situation, they said "I left a message for the State's Attorney" then they also said "DRE" something like that and I had never heard that thru my years with the scanner, so I looked it up, and I read something pertaining to drugs.

This guy was not on the cell phone from what I heard....

Prayers to the family for your loss of your Uncle Wayne.

RPMDAD

sammiegirl
So sorry for your families loss thoughts and prayers to you and your family

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9

So sorry for your loss... My deepest condolences to your family.

poster

Thanks so much

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

We not so long ago lost a family member in an accident similar to this in AACo.
I hope you get more justice in the matter than we did, I've heard Calvert's sentencing is stricter than Arundel's so hopefully whoever did this will go away for a long time.