Accident SB Rt 2/4- Closed

sammiegirl

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

We not so long ago lost a family member in an accident similar to this in AACo.
I hope you get more justice in the matter than we did, I've heard Calvert's sentencing is stricter than Arundel's so hopefully whoever did this will go away for a long time.

The man who did this was in jail from Sat until today. He got out today on a bail hearing- unbelievable I can't believe he even had a bond. I sure hope he stays home and doesn't drive, I would hate for this to happen to someone else. There is alot more to this story, on thebaynet.com they updated the story and I was just blown away. I am sorry for your loss as well.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Just read this and I am furious!!! Another innocent person was taken away because an as***** CHOSE to take illegal drugs and DRIVE. So I did hear DRE and this accident had absolutely nothing to do with cell phones.

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Man Killed in Calvert Crash, Drugs Found on Driver in Striking Vehicle - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

He has a previous driving under the influence of drugs last year in August and previous possession charge.

Maryland Judiciary Case Search

I keep wondering why this guy was on the road at 11:30 am high as a kite. Where was he before the accident? There is more to this story.

Last edited:

poster

The man who did this was in jail from Sat until today. He got out today on a bail hearing- unbelievable I can't believe he even had a bond. I sure hope he stays home and doesn't drive, I would hate for this to happen to someone else. There is alot more to this story, on thebaynet.com they updated the story and I was just blown away. I am sorry for your loss as well.

Unfortunately he's a right to his trial. Did they put him on house arrest? They should have, he should currently have a suspended license due to the arrest. Won't keep him from getting behind the wheel though if he's not on house arrest.

Considering he has priors (as others have mentioned) he'll probably get the full sentence but part of it will be suspended. I'm guessing he'll do about 2-4yrs then be release on supervised probabtion. In the meantime he'll get to walk around for about the next year or so.

greeneyes36

IF this guy had been in court at 1030 in PG Co. (Upper Marlboro) where he was supposed to be on OCT 8th, this family would NOT be suffering now. very sad.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
IF this guy had been in court at 1030 in PG Co. (Upper Marlboro) where he was supposed to be on OCT 8th, this family would NOT be suffering now. very sad.

I do not see that in the M. Just. Case Search.

What is interesting is his plea and previous results from Driving under the influence of drugs:

Charge: Article:TASec:21Sub-Sec:902Para:C1Code:
Description: DRIVING WHILE IMPAIRED BY DRUG(S) OR DRUG(S)AND ALCOHOL
Location Stopped: N/B RT. 5 @ ALLENTOWN RD.
Contributed to Accident?: NO Personal Injury?: NO
Fine: 0 Related Citation Number: 00960AZ1
Vehicle Tag: E595172 State: VA Vehicle Description: 06HOND02

Plea: OTHER PLEA
Disposition: NOLLE PROSEQUI
Disposition Date: 10/21/2009
Contributed To Accident: NO Personal Injury?: NO
Sentence Date: 10/21/2009
Sentence Time: Yrs:00Mos:00Days:000
Suspended Time: Yrs:00Mos:00Days:000
Costs: Fine: 0 CourtCost: 0 CICF: 0
Suspended: Fine: 0 CourtCost: 0 CICF Cost: 0

No sentence.....why?

greeneyes36

What is interesting is his plea and previous results from Driving under the influence of drugs:

No sentence.....why?

OCT 8TH -- PEACE ORDER - had a court date at 1030.

greeneyes36

No sentence.....why?

* Nolle prosequi, a latin phrase meaning "unwilling to pursue", is the term used in many jurisdictions to describe the prosecutor's voluntary dismissal of criminal charges. Generally the request to "nol pros" a case is made after the filing of an indictment or information, when the prosecutor has determined that adjudication of the charges is not in the interest of the government. In most circumstances the court's permission is required for the nolle prosequi to be valid.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
* Nolle prosequi, a latin phrase meaning "unwilling to pursue", is the term used in many jurisdictions to describe the prosecutor's voluntary dismissal of criminal charges. Generally the request to "nol pros" a case is made after the filing of an indictment or information, when the prosecutor has determined that adjudication of the charges is not in the interest of the government. In most circumstances the court's permission is required for the nolle prosequi to be valid.

Yes you are right, and my understanding is there is a plea agreement behind it. So I wonder what it was. Obviously it did not work.