Accident W/Injuries Point Lookout Rd & Aster Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

sockgirl77

Well, I didn't see anyone with a Terminator name tag there so you must have wanted to stay in hiding.

Why would comments from no bodies that I don't even know hurt my feelings? It is the internet bro.... Oh yeah, you talked to her more since when? 2 or 3 years ago maybe even longer? It has been a while since she worked at Cook's :whistle:

The obit even said that she worked at Cook's.

F

FaP

Is the little boy's father in his life? If so, will he go live with his father or stay with the grandmother? Is she even able to take care of him? Poor little guy.

Yes he is, he is currently with the father the last I heard. Grandmother is still not home so no she cannot take care of him yet. But who will take him for sure once its all set and done I'm not sure.

RatchetJaw

Really want to change the subject here?

Let's talk about all of you idiots out there who like to talk on the cell phone while other peoples family members are trying to live on the roads....

Anyone ever figure out what the dude was doing that caused him to hit them in the rear end anyway? I'm still waiting for the answer to that question... cell phone, radios, high, drunk, stupid???? what was it?

G

Gemmi

Let's talk about all of you idiots out there who like to talk on the cell phone while other peoples family members are trying to live on the roads....

Anyone ever figure out what the dude was doing that caused him to hit them in the rear end anyway? I'm still waiting for the answer to that question... cell phone, radios, high, drunk, stupid???? what was it?

Good question??:whistle:

sockgirl77

None of the above. And yes, a few of us know him in here.

lisa8439

People trying to live on the road wear their seatbelt.

:yeahthat:

Not to mention that kids should always be restrained in a car seat/booster or back seat with a seat belt for older kids. I make sure my kids are buckled tight before I even worry about myself... they are my priority. Both of them are still in 5 point harness seats (they go up to 80 pounds and a pretty tall height). The oldest gets mad sometimes but I've talked with him about safety on the road - and he sees how crazy people drive around here :crazy:

They have a friend who is routinely not buckled in at all (6 year old) - he just jumps in the backseat and they go. I've talked to his mom very politely about him needing a booster but she gets defensive and I stop, I am not his parent. They could afford it, so that is not the issue - I just don't know why parents don't take putting their kids in the correct car seat/booster more seriously. I hate to read about accidents where the kids were not buckled in...

Didn't the fire department or the police department used to have a program where people could go get a free car seat if they couldn't afford one? I know when we lived in Florida the police department had a 'free car seat' program where you could walk in any time, fill out a quick little application, and walk out with a car seat - they would even help you put it in your car. I know money is tight for budgets in Maryland but raising money for something like that would be so worthwhile...

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL

Maybe just a total freak accident?

I am sure the driver of the truck feels horrible and has been having a rough time about the whole thing. NO I don't know him but I know that if I had rear-ended someone and they died. I would be beside myself and incosolable. Also replaying the accident in my head several times to see what I could have done different.

lisa8439

I am sure the driver of the truck feels horrible and has been having a rough time about the whole thing. NO I don't know him but I know that if I had rear-ended someone and they died. I would be beside myself and incosolable. Also replaying the accident in my head several times to see what I could have done different.

I agree totally - I don't know him either, but he could have just looked down for a second and rear-ended them. And I can't even imagine what he is going through - it's a horrible tragedy for the family who lost their daughter/mom but it is also horrible for the man that hit them, as he has to live with that every day. :frown:

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
He also could have overjudged his vehicle, which happens alot. It was said he was in a bigger truck (possibly a dually) and it's pretty easy to overjudge a vehicle that big.

RatchetJaw

People trying to live on the road wear their seatbelt. People trying to die on the road don't.

Thanks for playing!

I'll remember that when I see someone hit you head on and they were on the cell phone or something talk to no who can't wait for a better time.

RatchetJaw

He also could have overjudged his vehicle, which happens alot. It was said he was in a bigger truck (possibly a dually) and it's pretty easy to overjudge a vehicle that big.

I say, tell me what he was doing then we can all walk away from this thread and find a new direction, can't wait to hear what he was doing... maybe no one wants anyone to know???????

glhs837

Power with Control

Could be. Maybe a mechanical part like a tie rod just failed, or he had a blowout, either of which could have sent him to the left with not enough time to correct. Chances are huge against such, but its possible.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I say, tell me what he was doing then we can all walk away from this thread and find a new direction, can't wait to hear what he was doing... maybe no one wants anyone to know???????

The polce report was already released, and he wasn't charged -- so the police found he wasn't doing anything. So really, what are you rambling about?

UPDATE: Tragic Three-Car Accident in Callaway - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

In case you missed it.

S

shagger

I thought we were done with this thread but if we must........

As I look at the pictures closer, the reason the pickup truck driver was not charged could be because the car he hit may not have been completely in the travel portion of the road. Maybe the bumper was hanging across the white line into the passing lane, hence the truck driver did not have enough room to go around and could not avoid the accident. Look at the rear of the car a bit closer - damage to the right rear corner is not that far in on the car - appears to have just barely hit it - pic #3. Just my penny's worth.

glhs837

Power with Control
G1, I dont see anywhere in the linked article that says investigation complete, and the driver of the truck wasnt going to be charged, am I missing something?

shagger, what are you judging the impact point from? The amount of the trunk that was damaged? Looks to be about 1 1/2 - 2 feet in to me. Now, maybe that back end of her car was over the line, maybe not, we cant tell, only the accident reconstruction teams report will tell on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.