Accident W/Injuries Point Lookout Rd & Aster Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldog

To the family: Very sorry for your loss. Please take down the memorial soon, or at the very least quit burning the candles. I was leaving Cox's Run yesterday and a candle had set the grass on fire which also caught the poster board on fire. It was small at the time and I was able to put it out, but had it been as dry as it was earlier in the year that whole area would have been up in flames in a hurry.

F

FaP

To the family: Very sorry for your loss. Please take down the memorial soon, or at the very least quit burning the candles. I was leaving Cox's Run yesterday and a candle had set the grass on fire which also caught the poster board on fire. It was small at the time and I was able to put it out, but had it been as dry as it was earlier in the year that whole area would have been up in flames in a hurry.

It was well lit tonight in the rain. Looked very good, was very happy to see it lit up and not going out. :yay: We have family that lives down there and I am sure they are lighting it up.

willie

It was well lit tonight in the rain. Looked very good, was very happy to see it lit up and not going out. :yay: We have family that lives down there and I am sure they are lighting it up.

Do you morons have relatives in the state of California?

It always amazes me at these memorials that are set up on the sides of the roads. It is bad enough that there has already been a fatal accident at these locations, but then a memorial is set up that distracts drivers from the road, which could then cause another fatal accident. Most of the time it is not the family that sets up the memorial but friends. Should the family be taking down these memorials in order to prevent other families from going through the same thing? But then for a memorial such as the one being talked about here to cause fires......my god what are you people thinking?????? Hopefully the family members (or anyone) on this forum reading these comments will get it and take down the memorial. Hell, I may go do it myself today just to prevent another accident (or incident).

sockgirl77

It always amazes me at these memorials that are set up on the sides of the roads. It is bad enough that there has already been a fatal accident at these locations, but then a memorial is set up that distracts drivers from the road, which could then cause another fatal accident. Most of the time it is not the family that sets up the memorial but friends. Should the family be taking down these memorials in order to prevent other families from going through the same thing? But then for a memorial such as the one being talked about here to cause fires......my god what are you people thinking?????? Hopefully the family members (or anyone) on this forum reading these comments will get it and take down the memorial. Hell, I may go do it myself today just to prevent another accident (or incident).

This always ends up an interesting discussion...
Southern Maryland Community Forums - Search Results

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Anyone place a seatbelt and a carseat at the memorial??

F

FaP

Anyone place a seatbelt and a carseat at the memorial??

Not to my knowledge, but we surely wouldn't mind placing your head there.
Terminator, if you decide to do so let me know what time you will be there to take it down.

Last edited by a moderator:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Not to my knowledge, but we surely wouldn't mind placing your head there.
Terminator, if you decide to do so let me know what time you will be there to take it down.

WOW, I make a point and you want me dead??

I mean it's TRUE that she wasn't wearing a seat belt, and it's also true she didn't have her two year old in a car seat.. Thank God he lived...

What did I say wrong? Did I hurt your feel saying something truthful?

F

FaP

WOW, I make a point and you want me dead??

I mean it's TRUE that she wasn't wearing a seat belt, and it's also true she didn't have her two year old in a car seat.. Thank God he lived...

What did I say wrong? Did I hurt your feel saying something truthful?
No, punks like you that need to make ruthless and heartless comments behind a keyboard will be the last thing to hurt my feelings. Truth or not, you don't need to say things like that. Then again, punks usually don't get any attention in the real world so they try to find it else where.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
No, punks like you that need to make ruthless and heartless comments behind a keyboard will be the last thing to hurt my feelings. Truth or not, you don't need to say things like that. Then again, punks usually don't get any attention in the real world so they try to find it else where.

That wasn't ruthless nor heartless, it was the truth.

If you are going to put up a memorial on the side of the road, why not include WHY she died. Maybe it will serve for someone else to reach up and buckle their seat belts, OR even stop their car and put their 2 year old in their car seat. Wouldn't that be a GREAT thing to come from a tragedy?

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We read the story and know this, you don't need to mention it any further. :buttkick:

Exactly.. WE know, we read about it, we don't need to drive by a tasteless memorial everyday to remind us either do we??

WHEW, that didn't take long.

F

FaP

Exactly.. WE know, we read about it, we don't need to drive by a tasteless memorial everyday to remind us either do we??

WHEW, that didn't take long.
That isn't there to remind you, can you get any dumber?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I think we should all meet at the memorial site and park on the side of the road, get out of the car and have a little chit chat, point and basically give the people who erected the memorial what they want.

bulldog

So, the candles placed at the memorial have already started one fire and you're glad that they are still lighting them up?

Status
Not open for further replies.