Accident W/Injuries Point Lookout Rd & Aster Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_MailLadi

I was told he was in OC.

I know that as of last night the family was trying to get a hold of Dad. Have not heard anymore other than when I spoke to you this morning. This is one horrific tragedy if there ever was one, and this family is going to need all the support they can get. My heart is just broken for Mom, my thoughts and prayers are with this family, if ever there was a decent soul amoung us it's Kate's and to even imagine what she is going through right now is heartbreaking.

sockgirl77

Crap. I just heard who the driver of the truck was. It definitely was not intentional. This is a wonderful man. I hope all is well with him as well. :ohwell:

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Crap. I just heard who the driver of the truck was. It definitely was not intentional. This is a wonderful man. I hope all is well with him as well. :ohwell:

:yeahthat: But unfortunately, you will still have people bashing him. He truly is a great person and is not someone that is careless behind the wheel. But whatever the reason was, this one time will affect him forever... Prayers to all involved.

:yeahthat: But unfortunately, you will still have people bashing him. He truly is a great person and is not someone that is careless behind the wheel. But whatever the reason was, this one time will affect him forever... Prayers to all involved.

Over the years, I've learned it's best to keep my accusing comments to myself until I have all the facts or was a witness. I have neither.

Go G-Men

Just goes to show that sometimes bad things happen to good people. This whole incident is a real shame and my prayers go out to all involved.

RatchetJaw

people pass me all the time on the right hand side.

well I guess what I meant to say is, in most cases idiots pass you on the shoulder with a solid line. I wonder if he was on the cell phone ? I'll be glad when the day comes that Maryland bans the use of cell phones, it's a shame people have become so dependent on them, I guess I should say careless.

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
hopefully people will now learn that this was an illegal move.

It was not an illegal move.
There is a passing lane, on the right hand side, at that location.

It looks to me that the individual trying to pass on the right, either didn't see the stopped vehicle (was her left turn blinker on?), and at the last second swerved to avoid, but clipped it.

It does not look like a complete rear end impact.

MMDad

Lem Putt
The damage looks bad enough to expect injuries, but if these people had been wearing seatbelts the odds are very low that there would have been a fatality.

The truck driver may be responsible for causing the crash, but the responsibility for the death belongs to the person who chose to drive without wearing a seatbelt.

bulldog

It looks to me that the individual trying to pass on the right, either didn't see the stopped vehicle (was her left turn blinker on?), and at the last second swerved to avoid, but clipped it.

Very true, there is a turn lane and him passing on the right was 100% legal. Not sure why he did not make it, but it was legal to do. The rear end hit was worse than the pictures show. Bad enough in fact that a wheelchair that was in the trunk of the car ended up in the back seat.

bulldog

The damage looks bad enough to expect injuries, but if these people had been wearing seatbelts the odds are very low that there would have been a fatality.

The truck driver may be responsible for causing the crash, but the responsibility for the death belongs to the person who chose to drive without wearing a seatbelt.

Exactly!

Thats what I thought.. Didn't it say somewhere that the truck driver also had a child with them ? Maybe the child took his attention from the road?

F

FaP

You are wrong, that lane there is a turning lane to go into the Cox Run place, since she was making a left she had to be coming from the Leonardtown way. Which doesn't have a passing lane for that coming traffic.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I drive this route 3 or 4 days a week. When making the left onto Whirlwind or Chingville people pass me all the time on the right hand side.

Look at the white line at both of those places, they are bumped out to allow passing on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.