ACCIDENTS KEEP PILING UP

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Husband's friend heard it happen and knew that it had to be a roll over by what it sounded like.

sunshine98

Husband's friend heard it happen and knew that it had to be a roll over by what it sounded like.
Why is someone out late drinking and driving with three kids in the car??? She's going to have to live with consequences of that decision for the rest of her life.

3CATSAILOR

Accidents keep piling up. I guess it has become something we accept as part of the risk. Last Thursday on 235 I was headed North bound in the St. James area. A car came head on in my lane. I got out of the way barely in time. Most people don't survive head ons. Later on and in to the evening on the way home, I observed at least ten vehicles going across the white line and on to the shoulder and back. A guy was driving down the shoulder instead of the road. He eventually came back on the road. Everywhere you turn, you hear on the radio, on line News, the Enterprise and the County Times and even every now and then the Washington D.C. TV stations about a single vehicle that went off of the road in Southern Maryland and hit a tree, a car or a house. Usually folks do not survive these type of accidents.
Two days ago another nearly head on on Oakley Road in Avenue. A car started to come in to my lane. No room for escape except for deep ditches which might not be any better. Luckily, when I laid on the horn, the driver came back in time. I have no doubt the person was on the cell phone.

glhs837

Power with Control
I hope everybody is paying attention to where these crashes happen and what sorts of they are.

1. They are not in school zones.
2. Even when they involve school buses, its not near a school. And then its not speeding, but failure to yield.
3. They are generally not caused by speed. "Left the roadway", "Crossed the centerline" "Failed to yield".

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I hope everybody is paying attention to where these crashes happen and what sorts of they are.

2. Even when they involve school buses, its not near a school. And then its not speeding, but failure to yield.
3. They are generally not caused by speed. "Left the roadway", "Crossed the centerline" "Failed to yield".
We're amazed at the number of single-vehicle accidents that occur just on Rt 249....and often on long straightaways!

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
We're amazed at the number of single-vehicle accidents that occur just on Rt 249....and often on long straightaways!
I'm more amazed that so many people here can almost be more accidents on their three mile drive to the Senior Center for Liver and Onions Day than I was the last few days on my 1000 mile drive (that number was zero).

Last edited:

ginwoman

Two days ago another nearly head on on Oakley Road in Avenue. A car started to come in to my lane. No room for escape except for deep ditches which might not be any better. Luckily, when I laid on the horn, the driver came back in time. I have no doubt the person was on the cell phone.
Almost every time I travel Oakley Rd. I see people crossing the line. Thank God you laid on the horn and jared the driver back in time. A head on on that road is bound to happen. Like you said there's nowhere to go but into a deep sharp ditch.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm more amazed than so many people here can almost be more accidents on their three mile drive to the Senior Center for Liver and Onions Day than I was the last few days on my 1000 mile drive (that number was zero).
Wait... there's a Liver and Onion Day at the Senior Center?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Not as often now as when the WWII people were still a large constituency at them (then it was at least twice or three times a month, sometimes weekly) but often enough still.

I wouldn't go to that nest of vipers known as a Senior Center if they served filet every day.

Grumpy

Yep, and it was today in Calvert...Wife tends to an older guy with dementia and takes him to the senior center for lunch...and today WAS Liver and Onions day. She was dreading it.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated

Maybe it has something to do with the abundant odor of weed I smell coming out of other cars during my daily commute. I swear I barely make it off the base and see people lighting up.

Kinnakeet

I

I cannot fathom the guilt that girl is going to carry for the rest of her life,Drunk and driving her or someones children around and 1 passes away unreal.

Kinnakeet

texting and driving is the major player in most of these accidents