Acrylic or Gel

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I always get complimented on my nails, and they are completely natural and 99% of the time, not polished.

My hair, on the other hand, is getting assistance in retaining its natural color. :lol:

:gossip: The song is talking about hair extensions not coloring. :killingme

sockgirl77

I always get complimented on my nails, and they are completely natural and 99% of the time, not polished.

My hair, on the other hand, is getting assistance in retaining its natural color. :lol:

Exactly the same for me. My nails stay long and look great most of the time. I get my hair colored its natural color every 4-5 months to get rid of these natural "highlights".

K

kris31280

I love my gel nails. I go to the nail place inside walmart, but I'll only let Jeffrey do my nails because he's the only one who's ever done them so I don't have to go in every week due to them pulling up or something as stupid.

I get what my mom calls "The Parisian French" where I have just the tips colored with a line separating the tip from the rest of the nail, and the tips are NEVER white.

Right now they're blue with a red and white strip underneath (my 4th of July nails)

T

toppick08

Exactly the same for me. My nails stay long and look great most of the time. I get my hair colored its natural color every 4-5 months to get rid of these natural "highlights".

:pete:...tell ME about it.

:lol:

:bawl:

Poohhunny1605

Gel it is, that is what I am going with Thursday.

Got a crazy question, just seeing if I am the only one that does it, when you break a nail and can't get to the nail shop to get it fixed as soon as you like, do you wrap a bandaid around it?

When I got my nails done, I kept super glue around the house or the nail glue that you buy for the fake nails in Wal-Mart or wherever. I used to just carry the glue with me incase one popped off.

I didn't have any problems with the gel though, unless I let them get out of control and not fill them for 3-4 weeks or something, then they would start popping off. If I stayed on top and got them done ever 2-3 weeks I didn't have this problem.

I was told not to put a band aide around the nails that pop off because it can cause water to get under the nail and then fungus to grow. If you have been doing this all along and not have any problems then stick with what you know

redneck_woman

Starting Over
I was told not to put a band aide around the nails that pop off because it can cause water to get under the nail and then fungus to grow. If you have been doing this all along and not have any problems then stick with what you know

If one of mine break, I just soak the rest off of the nail and then do the band aide thing.

lovinmaryland

How does that fit in with the paralegal thing? Reminds me of the girls that work at the McD's drive thru.

They actually looked really cute.

Sometimes I would alternate the normal french manicure for some hot pink tips... they looked :hot:

I havent had fake nails for a few months now though... one of my finger nails ripped off :frown:

sockgirl77

Sometimes I would alternate the normal french manicure for some hot pink tips... they looked :hot:

I havent had fake nails for a few months now though... one of my finger nails ripped off :frown:

I'm just a plain person. I quite paiting my nails bold colors and patterns when I was a teenager.

M

Mousebaby

I always get mine done in various shades of red. One color at a time of course. Red is my favorite color and my husband loves my nails when they are painted.

When I first got my nails done I had the white tips for at least the first four months then I started getting them painted. I like them painted a lot better.

I agree with Redneckwoman, that is MY downtime. That is the only time I have to get away from everything and it is worth every penny! :yay:

K

kris31280

1214923840.jpg

redneck_woman

Starting Over
I agree with Redneckwoman, that is MY downtime. That is the only time I have to get away from everything and it is worth every penny! :yay:

I get the nails done every 2 weeks and a pedicure every 4. With my job, I just like for my nails and feet to look nice.

M

Mousebaby

Well I think that is cute! But I am with Socki, I feel like I am too old to get my nails done like that. But you may not be so it's up to you.