Acrylic or Gel

K

kris31280

I'm just a plain person. I quite paiting my nails bold colors and patterns when I was a teenager.
We can't all be as mature and plain as you.

My mother still buys clothes from the Jr's department and the only denim she wears has some kind of design on it (rhinestones, embroidered, etc.) I guess that makes her immature too.

sockgirl77

I get that response a lot since I still buy most of my clothes from the Jr.s department or youth geared stores (Pac Sun, Forever 21, etc) :lol:

I still wear some Junior shirts but usually just women's jeans. After 3 kids, Juniors jeans are not cut right for me.

M

Mousebaby

We can't all be as mature and plain as you.

My mother still buys clothes from the Jr's department and the only denim she wears has some kind of design on it (rhinestones, embroidered, etc.) I guess that makes her immature too.

I don't think she meant any harm in what she said. It's just some people feel that when they get older that flashy stuff is for kids. If you like it do it! I have nothing against someone that is older that does and can pull it together and make it work. If it makes you feel good do it!

kalmd

I go to Diamond Nails in Wildewood. I get gel. I've been going since December and haven't had 1 nail chip or break. If I don't have gel or acrylic on my nails, I bite them badly.

I have the modified french with red tips right now, instead of white. They drew a black swirly design to seperate the red tip from the rest of the natural colored nail. It's really cute.

sockgirl77

I go to Diamond Nails in Wildewood. I get gel. I've been going since December and haven't had 1 nail chip or break. If I don't have gel or acrylic on my nails, I bite them badly.

I have the modified french with red tips right now, instead of white. They drew a black swirly design to seperate the red tip from the rest of the natural colored nail. It's really cute.

I got my pedi/mani done there last week. They did an awesome job. :yay:

kalmd

I got my pedi/mani done there last week. They did an awesome job. :yay:

I went there Sunday for a pedi. They look cute. I got a coral pink polish and then asked him to do some design on the big toes. He just did what he wanted and it looks cute.

Poohhunny1605

I don't think she meant any harm in what she said. It's just some people feel that when they get older that flashy stuff is for kids. If you like it do it! I have nothing against someone that is older that does and can pull it together and make it work. If it makes you feel good do it!

I agree..When I got my nails done I would always get a more natural color. I liked the browns and dark reds..Then I started the american manicure and sometimes clear on my nails. I got the gel and they looked great w/or w/out paint.

I think the hot pinks look good on girls that have that skin color that can pull it off. I am a pastie white girl so, those colors don't look good on me..

sockgirl77

It's not always about the "name brand". You should watch "What not to wear" on occasion... they often explain why it makes a difference to put money into a good pair of jeans. It pays to buy a couple hiqh quality, great cut jeans if one choses to do so.

I look great in my $25-30 jeans. I do not have $100-199 to drop on a pair of jeans. I have $20 Lee's that have lasted for years. :shrug:

redneck_woman

Starting Over
I went there Sunday for a pedi. They look cute. I got a coral pink polish and then asked him to do some design on the big toes. He just did what he wanted and it looks cute.

I tend to keep the nails natural looking and the toes I go all out. Nice bright colors and sometype of design on the big toes. Right now I have hot pink with rhine stone around my cuticle.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I adore Express jeans but alas the closest one is in Pentagon City. I've recently turned to Refuge jeans and like them a lot.

lovinmaryland

It's not always about the "name brand". You should watch "What not to wear" on occasion... they often explain why it makes a difference to put money into a good pair of jeans. It pays to buy a couple hiqh quality, great cut jeans if one choses to do so.

:yeahthat:

I really only have about 4 pair of jeans (because they were more $$) but they fit great, are comfy, & are flattering.(I think:smile:)

kalmd

Pics of my nails and toes. Sorry for the quality, just took them on my camera phone.

nails1.jpg

nails3.jpg

nails2.jpg

nails4.jpg

K

kris31280

That's a really cute design!

I just don't like the white french, so I never get it and go with a color instead.

K

kris31280

I like your red, white and blue too. Very cute for the holiday.
In the summer I usually go for the bolder colors because I get my toenails painted to match my tips.

Usually, in the fall/winter my tips are "I'm Not Really a Waitress" by OPI.

M

Mousebaby

These are my nails done in the white and one of the reds I use.

My_Nails.jpg

Red_nails.jpg