Actor Alec Baldwin Kills One Person, Wounds Another When Prop-Gun 'Misfires'

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The bullet went through one person and then hit the director in his clavicle. This wasn't a "prop" gun in the truest sense. It was a real firearm being used as a "prop". Someone is gonna have some explaining to do. Besides, in the industry, safety regulations, guns are never pointed and fired at another person in production of a movie. Editing and camera shot angle give the illusion. Will be interesting to see any footage of the scene from the cameras recording at the time. If they were in fact recording. Or maybe Alex was just funning around on the set and thought it'd be neat to scare or startle the crew and pretend to shoot someone while blasting a few "blanks" their way? Ah. The irony here is gonna be great fodder for all the world to relish.

black dog

Free America
They're already polishing the turd. "The gun went off...."

Guns don't just "go off" - someone must pull the trigger. And I'd still like to know how he took out TWO people.

In history there are a few that will discharge when fondled, cycled, dropped or grabbed in a bad way.
It will be interesting on what firearm it happened with.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
It will be interesting to see if it was a single action,
Import? Colt? Ruger? Was it a Ruger 3 screw that didn't get the upgrade?
Watching some of the gun shows with Larry Zanoff, Hollywood seems to prefer old SAA replicas for their westerns and from the photos of the shoot, that's what it looks like.

black dog

Free America
Watching some of the gun shows with Larry Zanoff, Hollywood seems to prefer old SAA replicas for their westerns and from the photos of the shoot, that's what it looks like.

Yep...
If its a pre rebound hammer, they can go bang by doing a few things.

I bet Alex shot the pistol during filming hence him saying why did I get handed a Hot Gun?
A discharge for any other reason he would have responded differently...

Tech

How does someone shoot TWO people he shouldn't have even been aiming at with a prop gun? I'm trying to picture it in my head and it's just not coming together.

More information is needed or I'm going to have to assume that ol' Alec's notoriously hot temper got the better of him and he shot those people on purpose.

Filming in this angle or similar, may place the camera people a little closer to the danger.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
And I'd still like to know how he took out TWO people.
There was something familiar about this, finally remembered. The bar scene in the animated film 'Rango' where Rango tells the (totally made up) story of how he killed 7 men with just one bullet. Can't find a quote or short vid of that...

stgislander

PREMO Member
In history there are a few that will discharge when fondled, cycled, dropped or grabbed in a bad way.
It will be interesting on what firearm it happened with.
And then there is, of course, the Glock that will go off all by itself just by looking at it.