AF Sgt shoots home invader, charged w/ murder

glhs837

Power with Control
That's how my former home was broken into (kicked in). So when I had the door replaced with a steel door, I had them add a steel door frame.

yeah but the cost was unreal, what's worse we sold that house and someone else has my great idea.

You can get the same basic effect for a lot less money. They sell reinforcement plates that you can then use really long heavy duty screws that ties that plate into the studs. And adding pins that replace one screw each in the hinge plates that also sink deep into the door framing is another thing. Adding a third hinge in the middle with the same sort of pin helps to spread the loads also. Now, this, combined with a steel door wont stop a SWAT team, might slow them down while (maybe one minute) they work it, but no average burglar is kicking it in.

StrikeMaster II Door Frame and Hinge Reinforcement-55724 at The Home Depot

Here are the pins..... meant for hinges that are exterior, but no harm and little cost

Secure that Exterior Hinge with a Pin - Home Fixated

Security Stud for Hinges - Door Hardware | HardwareSource.com

Now, the hinge screw that are not pins, those should be three inchers, to sink into the framing, not the trim.

ZARA

I'm a cop and I don't lie all the time. As a matter of fact, I don't know any cop who has ever lied in court, or to his employer without suffering consequences unheard of in any other profession.

So tell me what special knowledge you have that "cops lie all the time"? In your words, source please!

Just to :elaine:

I'm a cop and I don't lie all the time.

This made me LOL. I love the honesty. :killingme
:buddies:

Vince

so because you know the guy that kicked in your door at 2:00 am wants you gone so he can bang your wife it's not OK to shoot him?
This is Maryland. You're not allowed to defend yourself or your family in your home. Criminals come first no matter if they break your door down in the middle of the night. I'm getting the eff out of this stupid state.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
This is Maryland. You're not allowed to defend yourself or your family in your home. Criminals come first no matter if they break your door down in the middle of the night. I'm getting the eff out of this stupid state.

You are so ####ing stupid.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
During the trial, friend and witness Carrie McPherson of Jessup testified she heard the knock at the door, jumped from her seat next to Michael Aro, a friend living with the Pinkertons, and moved to a nearby chair. She said she was worried it was Aro’s wife.

Aro testified he also became worried due to threats made to him by his wife, her boyfriend and his wife’s friends.

Was ANYONE in this bunch consistently sleeping with their spouse?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
It ended the way the judge wanted it to end from the outset. After he eliminated all evidence on Pinkertons motive in pre-trial hearings, he managed to thin out the prosecutions case enough that he could use his discretion to dismiss the case. Not sure why he did that.

Possibly because the prosecution had no case. After the stupidity of the Trayvon-Zimmerman case the judge saved a lot of meaningless trial theatrics.

Last edited:

Inkd

It ended the way the judge wanted it to end from the outset. After he eliminated all evidence on Pinkertons motive in pre-trial hearings, he managed to thin out the prosecutions case enough that he could use his discretion to dismiss the case. Not sure why he did that.

That's funny. Eliminated all evidence of the motive.

Good one!!!!

Hijinx

A husband of the woman you have alledgedly been hosing answer the door and tells you to leave.
You don't leave so he comes and tells you again to leave.
Then you kick down his door and while he is holding a gun and pointing it at you.

You approach, him he is backing up ,and you tell him he hasn't the balls to shoot.

I consider that committing suicide.