AF Sgt shoots home invader, charged w/ murder

officeguy

That doesn't appear that to be the facts.
It appears to be a spurned "wanna be" lover.

While Pinkerton was deployed, Greene shacked up with Pinkertons wife in Pinkertons house. When the Sgt returned, he threw out the interloper. As Greene had resided in that home with permission for several months, he was considered an occupant of the building which makes this a domestic situation and not a 'home invasion'.

Of the two people who know whether Greene and Ms Pinkerton were doing that thing, one is dead and the other one now has her hubby in jail. If she told me that the sun rises in the east, I would double-check that with an independent source.

officeguy

This is the exception and not the rule. I have seen numerous cases in Maryland where people have broken into someone's home, that person used deadly force and no charges were brought. I guess we will have to wait for the trail to get the rest of the story, or see this man aquitted.

That is what it comes down to. I doubt this will go to trial though, probably a plea-bargain to some manslaughter charge.

MadDogMarine

While Pinkerton was deployed, Greene shacked up with Pinkertons wife in Pinkertons house. When the Sgt returned, he threw out the interloper. As Greene had resided in that home with permission for several months, he was considered an occupant of the building which makes this a domestic situation and not a 'home invasion'.

Of the two people who know whether Greene and Ms Pinkerton were doing that thing, one is dead and the other one now has her hubby in jail. If she told me that the sun rises in the east, I would double-check that with an independent source.

Good, now show me the independent source indicating they were shacking up since I would like to double-check. Especially in light of the following statement by Pinkerton's Attorney named O'Neill who appears to be advising the wife to lie, which can be a grounds for disbarrment???
It seems that Mr. Green had an interest in Mr. Pinkerton’s wife. All of the evidence shows that Jessica Pinkerton was only interested in Mr. Green as a friend, but he wanted more. “When Jessica Pinkerton tried to end the relationship, Green continued to pursue it,” O’Neill stated.

BigBlue

Good, now show me the independent source indicating they were shacking up since I would like to double-check. Especially in light of the following statement by Pinkerton's Attorney named O'Neill who appears to be advising the wife to lie, which can be a grounds for disbarrment???

...another internet lawyer .

officeguy

The guy is his attorney, he gets paid to be a vigorous advocate. Unless the attorney knows that the wife is lying, it is his job to represent the family side of the story.

The fact that Greene had shacked up with Pinkertons wife and that Pinkerton threw him out of the house is not in dispute. As for what ended up happening that night, the attorneys statements indicate that they had an altercation, Pinkerton returned into his house and armed himself.

I am all for the right to defend your home against an intruder. In this case, this was a dispute between two men that ended up in a fatal shooting. There are other witnesses and hopefully a trial or further prelim hearings will help to flesh out how this whole thing went down.

MadDogMarine

...another internet lawyer .

Another forum troll who doesn't believe people can READ for themselves and the LAW is only for lawyers, judges and others with "special knowledge".
It is well known cops lie all the time and lawyers lie all the time. I just want to credit the lies to the proper party! But according to you, only a lawyer is qualified to do that?? UFB!

MadDogMarine

The guy is his attorney, he gets paid to be a vigorous advocate. Unless the attorney knows that the wife is lying, it is his job to represent the family side of the story.

The fact that Greene had shacked up with Pinkertons wife and that Pinkerton threw him out of the house is not in dispute. As for what ended up happening that night, the attorneys statements indicate that they had an altercation, Pinkerton returned into his house and armed himself.

I am all for the right to defend your home against an intruder. In this case, this was a dispute between two men that ended up in a fatal shooting. There are other witnesses and hopefully a trial or further prelim hearings will help to flesh out how this whole thing went down.

The fact that Greene had shacked up with Pinkertons wife and that Pinkerton threw him out of the house is not in dispute.

Let us do this ONE MORE TIME! Source please??

itsrequired

Another forum troll who doesn't believe people can READ for themselves and the LAW is only for lawyers, judges and others with "special knowledge".
It is well known cops lie all the time and lawyers lie all the time. I just want to credit the lies to the proper party! But according to you, only a lawyer is qualified to do that?? UFB!

I'm a cop and I don't lie all the time. As a matter of fact, I don't know any cop who has ever lied in court, or to his employer without suffering consequences unheard of in any other profession.

So tell me what special knowledge you have that "cops lie all the time"? In your words, source please!

Chris0nllyn

I'm a cop and I don't lie all the time. As a matter of fact, I don't know any cop who has ever lied in court, or to his employer without suffering consequences unheard of in any other profession.

So tell me what special knowledge you have that "cops lie all the time"? In your words, source please!

Research shows that ordinary human beings lie a lot — multiple times a day — even when there’s no clear benefit to lying. Generally, humans lie about relatively minor things like “I lost your phone number; that’s why I didn’t call” or “No, really, you don’t look fat.” But humans can also be persuaded to lie about far more important matters, especially if the lie will enhance or protect their reputation or standing in a group.

The natural tendency to lie makes quota systems and financial incentives that reward the police for the sheer numbers of people stopped, frisked or arrested especially dangerous. One lie can destroy a life, resulting in the loss of employment, a prison term and relegation to permanent second-class status. The fact that our legal system has become so tolerant of police lying indicates how corrupted our criminal justice system has become by declarations of war, “get tough” mantras, and a seemingly insatiable appetite for locking up and locking out the poorest and darkest among us.

If anyone is interested, read about it here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/o...l=1&adxnnlx=1388179568-HhxFMxStNcmjV3AnKsTZzA

I'd be willing to bet many police reports contain some sort of lie or maniuplation of facts. Afterall, they are the words of one side of the story, and it's by the side that's dfoing the arresting. I know that TFC M. Moore lied in a report in August of last year, but I'm sure he's still on the force.

itsrequired

If anyone is interested, read about it here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/o...l=1&adxnnlx=1388179568-HhxFMxStNcmjV3AnKsTZzA

I'd be willing to bet many police reports contain some sort of lie or maniuplation of facts. Afterall, they are the words of one side of the story, and it's by the side that's dfoing the arresting. I know that TFC M. Moore lied in a report in August of last year, but I'm sure he's still on the force.

Again, here you go posting some other person's opinion, without factual information and trying to pass it off as factual. It's an opinion piece. Why would you try to LIE and pass that off as something real? Do you not have an opinion of your own that you have to find some guy from the NY Post and his opinion is somehow supposed to be more valuable?

So what did Trooper Moore lie about? If your going to put the guys name out there, you should at least have the balls to say what he did!

officeguy

Let us do this ONE MORE TIME! Source please??

The attorney you quoted.

Back when this happened, some family members talked about the odd living arrangements that developed in Pinkertons house when he was in Korea. By now, that article has either been pulled or it is buried between all the breathless re-posting of the 'Af Sgt charged with murder for shooting home-invader' half-truths.

BigBlue

Just a quick , Thank you for what it is you do .