Air travel crybabies

stgislander

PREMO Member
So lets consider the passenger ferry in Roatan that we need to service and repair soon. Explain exactly how I get there without taking an airplane.

Or the ships we're building in Norway. How do I get there and back?

I'll wait.
Well, you could drive to Honduras.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I rarely spring for the non-refundable options, but with the way airlines are screwing up flights lately, it makes more sense for peace of mind.
My uncle may have made the purchase. Not sure. We were all going to meet in Montana, but I'm not so sure now.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My uncle may have made the purchase. Not sure. We were all going to meet in Montana, but I'm not so sure now.
Did you use Google maps to figure out how long it would take them to get here if they just drove a car?

glhs837

Power with Control
So I had to fly from Arizona to DC last month. When setting up the flight.... a plane change along the way saved me a ton of bucks.... I stopped in Indianapolis on the way to DC and I stopped in Milwaukee on the way back..... I flew Southwest. When I got home I heard a lot of flights had been cancelled..... I had no clue.... mine went great..... well almost perfect.....

I wonder why it is.... the snacks have garlic pita chips in them.... garlic on a plane.... I guess that's one way to get the passengers to social distance.... ha ha

I was in a hurry packing when I was on my way back.... and I shoved my walking stick and a bottle of hot sauce in my carryon..... which caused my big scare......

See... the hot sauce was a little bottle of "TICE" hotsauce.... it was something my husband won... and I found it in the cabinet my last night there.... so I figured I'd bring it back.....

The walking stick was one of those retractable sticks that I would use if I went anywhere.... since I only have one eye and use the stick to keep me walking in a straight path..... anyway.... rather than carry it.... I shoved it in my carryon.....

Security stopped me over the little bottle of hotsauce and the walking stick.... I guess they figured I planned to take over the plane by throwing hot sauce in the eyes and then wacking them over the head with my stick.... ah ha ha.....

My trip was almost excellent.... but the garlic, the hot sauce, and the walking stick.... well they were the only nudges I had to deal with....

Maybe the problem is.... you're booking with the wrong airlines..... or you shouldn't be flying anyway..... lol....

I

You do know that Southwest doesn't go everywhere. right?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Vrai can list some alternative means of getting here from there. Just ask her. :razz:

Why? You'd just reject them out of hand and cry about how it'll never work. So:

You're right - you are helpless. A complete victim of the gods, absolutely no choices in anything whatsoever, just along for the ride and do as you're told.

I just remembered my personal growth project, which has been a hard habit to break especially when I see the downtrodden moping about their lot in life when they could easily fix their problem. So rock on with your helpless pathetic self. :yay:

Clem72

According to Google maps, it's only a 61 hour drive to Tegucigalpa! I could get there in a week or so.

I had a cousin who married into mormonism. Sent his kids on missions in south america. Was DETERMINED to drive his son to Chile despite my concerns. Never told me how that trip went, but they eventually made it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I had a cousin who married into mormonism. Sent his kids on missions in south america. Was DETERMINED to drive his son to Chile despite my concerns. Never told me how that trip went, but they eventually made it.
I'm gonna tell the boat owner in Honduras that my service trip to fix their ferry is going to cost them an extra $18,000 because I've decided to drive there instead of fly. I'm sure he'll be OK with that.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm gonna tell the boat owner in Honduras that my service trip to fix their ferry is going to cost them an extra $18,000 because I've decided to drive there instead of fly. I'm sure he'll be OK with that.
We need to convince him to bring the boat back to the US so we can upgrade the entire system.