Alan Keyes' attacks

Toxick

Splat
Lucy Van Pelt

Originally posted by Tonio
Okay, Alex Trebek, now you've stumped me. Who's Lucy?

Lucy%20van%20Pelt%20psychiatric%20help.JPG

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Pete
Wouldn't that be a huge kick in the sack to the DNC though. :lol: If Keyes came in and snatched the election right away from their "Golden Boy". Gain a seat in the Senate, embarass the Keynote speaker of the Dem Convention and it just may make MacKaulife jump out the window of a tall building in shame. Oh dreams.........
That is just too much for me to hope for. :lmao:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Lucy Van Pelt

Originally posted by Toxick
Lucy%20van%20Pelt%20psychiatric%20help.JPG

She has a good racket going. She tears down Charlie Brown's self-esteem by pulling away the football every year, then has him pay her to (allegedly) build his self-esteem back up. You suppose Lucy gives a cut to the little red-haired girl?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She tears down Charlie Brown's self-esteem by pulling away the football every year
WRONG!!! Charlie Brown ALLOWS himself to be victimized by Lucy. He knows what she's going to do, yet he continues to put himself in a position to being taken advantage of. Then HE goes to her for advice and willingly puts his self-worth in her hands. It's a pretty sick relationship, if you think about it, and Charlie Brown is only setting himself up for a lifetime of dysfunctional relationships.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
WRONG!!! Charlie Brown ALLOWS himself to be victimized by Lucy. He knows what she's going to do, yet he continues to put himself in a position to being taken advantage of. Then HE goes to her for advice and willingly puts his self-worth in her hands. It's a pretty sick relationship, if you think about it, and Charlie Brown is only setting himself up for a lifetime of dysfunctional relationships.

Sounds like a large slice of the Democratic party! :biggrin:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
WRONG!!! Charlie Brown ALLOWS himself to be victimized by Lucy.

Ever see the cartoon where Lucy says she's had enough of Charlie Brown's insults and challenges him to a fight? He punches her on the nose and she screams, "He hit a girl! He damaged my great beauty!" So naturally CB feels guilty over this, and goes to see Lucy professionally. He explains what happened and Lucy punches him in the nose. CB looks up from the ground and says, "See! I don't feel guilty anymore. Psychiatry has cured me!"

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
See Steve's comment about the Democratic party.

So who would Alan Keyes most get along with in the Peanuts neighborhood?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So who would Alan Keyes most get along with in the Peanuts neighborhood?
The only one who's not neurotic is Schroeder, and even HE has avoidance issues. Alan Keyes would probably like Woodstock more than any of them.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Isn't there a rule that states that someone must live in the state for a allotted amount of time before running for office?:confused:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by BuddyLee
Isn't there a rule that states that someone must live in the state for a allotted amount of time before running for office?:confused:
Yeah, the rule is Article 1, Section 3 of the Constitution. The only requirement for residency is being a resident of that state before being elected.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by BuddyLee
Yea, the same one Senator Clinton-D used in New York.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Originally posted by rraley
Alot is said about Democratic "hatred" directed toward President Bush. Well, what is to be said about Alan Keyes, the Maryland resident who is running for the Senate in Illinois, who has recently said that his Democratic opponent Barack Obama does not hold the principles of Abraham Lincoln and that he takes the "slaveholder's position" on abortion rights? This is a Regan-appointed ambassador, two time candidate for President, and about million time candidate for lower office. Doesn't this sort of harsh rhetoric seem hateful?
I don't vote based on party lines.. Keyes is another carpet bagger, JUST like Hillary AND Kerry.. If you can't win where you live, and people know you .. MOVE! In this case OBAMA would get my vote...

rraley

Re: Re: Alan Keyes' attacks

Originally posted by itsbob
I don't vote based on party lines.. Keyes is another carpet bagger, JUST like Hillary AND Kerry.. If you can't win where you live, and people know you .. MOVE! In this case OBAMA would get my vote...

Kerry was a carpetbagger? I know that he shopped congressional districts, but he was a resident of Massachusetts for years before he was elected to the Senate from there.