All-In-One Home Printers

Agee

The ones I've seen on the market appear to be relatively inexpensive.

Recommendations, experiences? Are they all wireless now and does using a wireless interface muck with your net connectivity?

TIA

The EPSON WF-7520 is a really good printer. It doesn't use up a lot of ink, scan quality is great, wireless printing setup was easy and it will scan and print up to 13x19.

I'm not a fan of inkjet in any form. Besides fouling if not used often enough, it costs a fortune if you do use it often!! I went with a small all-in-one lazer, but it's b/w, not color. You can get a color lazer if you're willing to spend the extra $. Mine does everything I need it to do, good scans, toner not expensive considering the number of prints you get per cartridge, and it doesn't care if you turn it off for months at a time. For the rare time I need a color high quality print, I go to CVS.

You might be surprised about the cost of color-laser, I routinely see Brother ones for sub $100. I have just been waiting to use up my existing toner before I upgrade (I bought a 3 pack for $35 maybe 2 or 3 years ago and am still on the first cartridge). I may give up and upgrade anyways before too long.

Agree, the cost has come way down on color lazer printers. However, they still can't do photo-quality printing. There really isn't anything else I would print in color, so the additional cost of the printer and toner is not justified for me.

stew77

I have a Brother HL-2270 Laser Printer, and it is awesome. I can print from anywhere in the home, and it does go in stby when not in use. The Ink is a little pricy, but last forever it seems. I have had the printer for overtwo years and have only changed the ink once! I do print a lot of receipes, and stuff, coupons etc. I think the printer was under $80.00 and I thought it was a good deal! My take!

The ones I've seen on the market appear to be relatively inexpensive.

Recommendations, experiences? Are they all wireless now and does using a wireless interface muck with your net connectivity?

TIA

We have an Epson inkjet all in 1 (print/scan/copy, no fax). It's wireless, which is really nice. I have 4 kids, so the increased cost of letting it sit in standby mode is negligible on our electric bill with all their electronic devices. Printer has separate cartridges for each color. I buy knockoff ink for it, so that is much cheaper than Epson ink. Cartridges last a decent number of prints.
We have a Canon color laser all in 1 printer (print/scan/copy/fax) in the basement. A piece in the paper feed system broke 3(?) years ago. If we ever figure out exactly what the part is, and get the part, we will go back to it, but keep the inkjet for when we want good pictures.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm not a fan of inkjet in any form. Besides fouling if not used often enough, it costs a fortune if you do use it often!! I went with a small all-in-one lazer, but it's b/w, not color. You can get a color lazer if you're willing to spend the extra $. Mine does everything I need it to do, good scans, toner not expensive considering the number of prints you get per cartridge, and it doesn't care if you turn it off for months at a time. For the rare time I need a color high quality print, I go to CVS.

:yay:

as someone in the IT Field, this is my recommendation as well