All These Christmas Dodads

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Hubby's birthday is the first week of Jan, and he wants all of this Christmas decoration out of site before then. So, this week will be spent putting it all away.

When do you get Christmas put away?

1226230737~2.jpg

rio

Mine are usually taken down New Year's day, but occasionally it's the first weekend after the new year.
My in-laws have a HUGE Christmas village that they set up every year. The tree and other decor may get taken down, but the village is usually up until February.

PJay

Leave it all winter long. Looks like a winter wonderland in here and makes me happy. 😊

Never in a rush to end Christmas.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Leave it all winter long. Looks like a winter wonderland in here and makes me happy. 😊

Never in a rush to end Christmas.
My wife will take Christmas-specific decorations down, but leave generic winter decorations up.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Hubby's birthday is the first week of Jan, and he wants all of this Christmas decoration out of site before then. So, this week will be spent putting it all away.

When do you get Christmas put away?

View attachment 174567
Whenever I have a chance between now and New Year's. I put my tree up a little earlier than normal this year and I hate when the needles are dropping when you even look at the branches! :lol:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This was my first year with a live tree (at her house) since sometime in the early 90s. It came in the house at 230am Christmas morning. As of 230am this morning, it still hasn't seen a single light or decoration, but the train track looks good around it. It will probably come down by Valentine's Day. Probably...

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Our tree has been up for months so I am really tired of looking at it. :confused:

I removed all decorations in the house but my husband would like the tree to stay up until Jan. 2nd which is a comprimise because he really wants to keep it up for 12 days after Christmas. Yes, he is one of THOSE people.

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm back to normal as of this afternoon but the spanglies I put on the cactus and lime tree out front are so pretty I'm leaving it.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
My tree is also down. :yahoo:I didn't pester or anything, he just randomly said "tree has been up long enough if you want to just take it down today," over our morning coffee. :lol:

We are doing some updates in our living room this week and I think we are both looking forward to the changes.