Alyssa Milano Thoughts Ruminations and Considerations

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The claim rests on the CDC numbers reporting 18 and 19-year-olds as children. If so adjusted, the CDC numbers show firearm-related deaths of children ages 0-19 totaled 4,368 in 2020, while motor vehicle deaths for the same age range totaled 4,036.

However, Breitbart News found a completely different result by going on the CDC website and adjusting the numbers to remove 18 and 19-year-olds, i.e., people of voting and military age, from the “children” category.

With the age range set at 0-17, the number of firearm-related deaths for children was 2,281 in 2020, while the number of motor vehicle deaths for the same ages was 2,503.

Another important point: Even if the category for children is kept at 0-19 years of age, those categorized as children are 27 times more likely to die in an accidental car death than from an accidental gun death.

BOP

I couldn't find any comparable tweets from Milano et al after the Palestinians began firing thousands of rockets into Israel, and charged into the country and started murdering men, women, children, and babies, as well as taking hostages from all of those groups.

SamSpade

Did you notice something so glaringly obvious but perhaps hadn't seen because of the slant in social media?

They want a cease fire because IDF is causing the deaths of so many Gazans - including children.

They utterly neglected to say anything of the CONTINUED ASSAULT BY HAMAS on Israel.

They act as if:

1. October 7th comprised all of the attacks by Hamas and
2. It was of no consequence.

You want a cease fire? Great. Tell THEM to stop.

I'll hold my breath.

Hijinx

Don't start no sht, there won't be no sht.

That pretty much sums up the situation in Israel.

You want peace in Gaza, stay the **** in Gaza and stop firing rockets and crossing the border to slaughter and mutilate innocent people.

Clem72

Another important point: Even if the category for children is kept at 0-19 years of age, those categorized as children are 27 times more likely to die in an accidental car death than from an accidental gun death.
So it's been almost 40 years since I took probability and statics (damn, feeling old). Given the exact same population (in this case 0-19 year olds) and incident A happens more often than incident B, how is incident B 27 times more likely to happen? We're not talking about per incident, like you are 27 times more likely to die every time you get in a car vs every time you handle a weapon, they obviously didn't and couldn't collect the data for that stat. Just given deaths over a population, this makes no sense. Or maybe it does, someone explain it to me.

Ninja Edit----> Nevermind, I see the issue. This guy added the word "accidental" to gun deaths. That is probably correct. Though entirely irrelevant to the conversation. These guys aren't primarily crusading to make guns safer, they aren't really worried about accidental gun deaths so much as access to guns in the first place and intentional gun deaths.

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

Gotta give props to Biden for at least insisting no cease fire until the hostages are released.

I just wish the media would stop praising Hamas for letting one or two hostages go.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gotta give props to Biden for at least insisting no cease fire until the hostages are released.

Meanwhile in the background the Administration is secretly pressuring Israel NOT to invade and accept a cease fire

• Sad

SamSpade

Meanwhile in the background the Administration is secretly pressuring Israel NOT to invade and accept a cease fire
I *can't* say I blame them. Not pressing further is like not completing your cycle of antibiotics. You may feel better, but if you don't take all the medicine - it WILL be back. And probably worse.

They HAVE to get rid of Hamas. Every person, every tunnel, every asset, every weapon.

Never Again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hollyweirds and Democrats in general are largely terrorist sympathizers, both foreign and domestic. I mean, it's right in front of our face for the whole world to see, it's not like they try to hide it. They never met a murderous criminal, rapist, or pedophile they didn't love.

Most of us aren't old enough to actually remember the entertainment industry's love affair with Charles Manson, but surely we can google and learn about it.

How about all the love for various death row inmates and them making sob story movies about these scumbags?

Oh, I know! How about them giving an Academy Award to a child rapist and then standing and applauding for this person?

Really, it's endless. Forget their racist virtue signaling about assorted black criminals, they love white criminals too. All the criminals, Democrats love them.

At some point hopefully we'll see these mental cases for the gutter whores they are and not idolize them.

gemma_rae

I couldn't find any comparable tweets from Milano et al after the Palestinians began firing thousands of rockets into Israel, and charged into the country and started murdering men, women, children, and babies, as well as taking hostages from all of those groups.
BOP, you may be the only person left with a functional brain in this entire country.

Because, like you, I want to know where the call for a ceasefire was on the morning of October 7th???

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
They're a far cry from all of Hollywood that was patriotic and enlisted/fought in WWII.
When I was a volunteer at the USAF Museum on Wright-Patterson AFB, OH was working the registration desk for a VE Day/8th AF Reunion in 1995.
I was privileged to sign in BG Jimmy Stewart. He reached out to shake my hand and thanked me for not making a fuss over him.