Am I Being Shallow?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, please. And miss the extreme pleasure of having someone who will listen to you complain for an hour straight and not tell you to shut up? I thought it was worth every penny! :lol:

yakky doodle

Originally posted by jazz lady
Hmm... I can see our next discussion will be about capitalization and punctuation! :lol: :cheers:

:blushing: moi? i thought it wasn't supposed to matter about capitalization and punctuation -- just so long as you had decent grammar/spelling :lol:

:cheers:

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Originally posted by Kain99
See.. That's the thing, I have thought about it all night and I still don't have an honest answer.. "Would I have been so upset if a white merchant passed out the darn thing?"

I don't know.... I don't think I'm prejudice, I've continued buying beer from him since the attacks happened. So I don't hate them right?

If you can't answer the question that you have asked yourself, then you have revealed that your opinion and feelings on this calender thing is purely based on the origins of this man who passed out the calendars.

oh...so you still shop there for beer...that makes it all ok right?... because you haven't blatantly changed your behavior...... WRONG! Sure you can continue treating him the same on the outside, but inside you have negative feelings...and THAT is where hatred stems from...the INSIDE.... so, whether you stop buying liquor there or not... you are prejudging this man without knowing him!...that is what prejudice is.

And if I might add, all this unnecessary commotion just because YOU THINK this man is of middle-eastern descent.

If you really want to find out what this man is about...why don't you just talk to him and poke around to find out what he is about...and then make a judgement call.
[My opinion would be that he is a man that is scared that Americans would think similarly to how you are thinking AND stop buying liquor at his store...and reduce his business.]

Until then, spend your time and energy on things that are more concrete.

K

Kain99

Thank's Penguin, I deserved that! I already know how trite and ridiculous these feelings are. You can trust me when I say, "I feel like a jerk." Considering my behavior this past week or so It would have been more appropriate to title this thread "Am I Being Psychotic?"

I can't explain it and if I could, I would sound worse than I already do. I can't make sense of it or explain why all of the sudden I'm flipping out. All of this would have made more sense last year .... right after the 11th.

I don't know and I feel horrible. This really isn't hatred.... (I hope...) I really am "loosing it" across the board. My sweet husband has suggested early menopause but I reject that thought! :rolleyes:

I'm taking Vrai's advice and signing up for immediate counseling. I just hope they don't stick my butt in a straight jacket and throw away the key.

red

that middle eastern look makes me feel pretty funky, too. especially at gas stations. you never know when one of these guys is going to remove his mask, strap a bomb to his ### and walk out to your gas pump.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by kwillia
But you can't type on a keyboard if you are in a straight jacket...:frown: . Would keeping you from these forums really be a good thing? :frown:

D/K Kwillia I can think of a few people who might not shed many tears if I split... But then again I'd go even crazier and those that still love me would cry ten thousand tears. :biggrin:

SmallTown

Football season!
D/K Kwillia I can think of a few people who might not shed many tears if I split... But then again I'd go even crazier and those that still love me would cry ten thousand tears. :biggrin:

And how about those who would tell you to have a coke and a smile and shut the f up? Not saying i'm one of those, just curious :biggrin:

K

Kain99

Thanks Smalltown you bring up an excellent point! I've been thinking about all of this pansy ### B.S. I've been posting and ya know what???? I hate the Fricking Terrorists and for a damn good reason!

If I sit down to have a Coke and a smile I'll share it with ya! :smile:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If I sit down to have a Coke and a smile I'll share it with ya! :smile:
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony... (oaky whose next)

K

Kain99

Kwillia,

D/K = Don't know.... I made it up, do ya like it? :razz2:

Foot is amazingly better. Didn't mean to ignore ya. It's been a busy couple weeks.

Smalltown,

Drink your tea - :rolleyes: and go pick on somebody your own size!:cheesy:

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Originally posted by red
that middle eastern look makes me feel pretty funky, too. especially at gas stations. you never know when one of these guys is going to remove his mask, strap a bomb to his ### and walk out to your gas pump.

like middle eastern people are the ONLY ones that have shown themselves to be capable of pulling off something like that.

This is ridiculous. If this type of rational were applied to any and all events... you'd go around looking at everyone like they were a walking bomb....and you would end up being psychotic. BUT, of course the reasoning isn't applied to all groups that have pulled off some nice stunts throughout history... they are just applied to a few groups...probably because there was an initial dislike or prejudice of these particular groups that were there to begin with... it only takes a little water to make the root grow...but the root has to be there FIRST!

I can't imagine looking at the world through eyes that allow you to worry about a bomb just because of an individual's ethnicity.

With all the white serial killers in America, I couldn't imagine staring into every white person and being afraid that they were a serial killer.... how ridiculous is that?!.... I guess it's much easier when the group you're targeting is a MINORITY huh?!

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Since the groups she mentioned are guilty of walking around with cordite underwear and a battery pack they are deserving of the scrutiny.

As for your comparison...

If Caucasion men were being deliberately trained, funded and directed to engage in serial slaughter of innocent men, women and children, it would be perfectly reasonable to look upon all of them with question.

It's a rational response.

And if you know of any other groups strapping dynamite to their asses and walking into pizza parlors please let us know!

Last edited:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by AnonymousPenguin

With all the white serial killers in America, I couldn't imagine staring into every white person and being afraid that they were a serial killer.... how ridiculous is that?!.... I guess it's much easier when the group you're targeting is a MINORITY huh?!

The difference being these islamic terrorists say they are doing this for a religious cause, or a politcal one which brings together MANY people with similar beliefs.. We are "lucky" that most of the local killers are just nut cases or looking to be on TV