'Am I going to jail?' Shocking moment a SIX-YEAR-OLD girl is committed to a mental health facility

Midnightrider

Look, I'm done talking about GURP's private business. If he wants to give up that info, then ask him. I know enough about him to have said what I said. You can either call me a liar or take my word for it. I'm at the point where I don't give a damn what you think you know about people.

You've decided it's appropriate to use a person's (assumed) pain as a child as a means to take pokes at their current mental state. I keep trying to convince myself you're better than this, but you consistently prove me wrong. Now you run along and keep justifying your shitty behavior, but you'll do it without me.
Right, so you don’t know, you are Just being a contrarian.
if you don’t care, stay out of it. You certainly have no problem casting aspersions

officeguy

Many parents attempt to get their kids labeled ADHD. Then the child may get a monetary payment from Social Security.

Under what program ?

The school wants disruptive students labeled as ADHD or autism so they get extra cash to deal with them.

black dog

Free America
Under what program ?

The school wants disruptive students labeled as ADHD or autism so they get extra cash to deal with them.

ADHD is among the most thoroughly medically-researched and documented psychiatric disorders. ADHD qualifies as a disability under the Other Health Impairment (OHI) category of special-education law and as a disability under Section 504.

Under the SSI program, Social Security can provide cash payments to children with disabilities. A child who is eligible for Federal SSI cash payments is also eligible, depending on the State, for State supplemental payments, Medicaid, Food Stamps, and other social services

officeguy

ADHD is among the most thoroughly medically-researched and documented psychiatric disorders. ADHD qualifies as a disability under the Other Health Impairment (OHI) category of special-education law and as a disability under Section 504.

Under the SSI program, Social Security can provide cash payments to children with disabilities. A child who is eligible for Federal SSI cash payments is also eligible, depending on the State, for State supplemental payments, Medicaid, Food Stamps, and other social services

If that is the case, we have lost our way. SSI-DI exists to replace income earning capability caused by a disability. What income earning capability does a kid have ?

From a cursory look, it doesn't seem as simple as 'jimmy cant sit still, here is a pile of money every month'. Most ADHD claims for SSI-DI get denied and this is limited to a few severe cases.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If that is the case, we have lost our way. SSI-DI exists to replace income earning capability caused by a disability. What income earning capability does a kid have ?

From a cursory look, it doesn't seem as simple as 'jimmy cant sit still, here is a pile of money every month'. Most ADHD claims for SSI-DI get denied and this is limited to a few severe cases.
SSI (Supplemental Security Income) is not the same as Social Security Disability.(SSDI)

What is SSI?
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) provides minimum basic financial assistance to older adults and persons with disabilities (regardless of age) with very limited income and resources. Federal SSI benefits from the Social Security Administration are often supplemented by state programs.

What is SSDI?
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) supports individuals who are disabled and have a qualifying work history, either through their own employment or a family member (spouse/parent).
[https://www.ncoa.org/blog/ssi-vs-ssdi-what-are-these-benefits-how-they-differ.