Amazing Nats & O's

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Those AMAZING O's WIN:yahoo: and force a game 5 ! Winner advances , Loser ( Damn Yankees) :killingme stay Home . Let's GO O's!

I am glad to see the O's in the 1700 time slot instead of the 200 night game. I have not slept well at all the last two nights by getting to bed so late.

Just win, whenever, however, whatever it takes, O's.

homedepot20

I am glad to see the O's in the 1700 time slot instead of the 200 night game. I have not slept well at all the last two nights by getting to bed so late.

Just win, whenever, however, whatever it takes, O's.

I work 2nd shift 1500-2300 PLUS 2300-0700 tonite, so Start Time is no concern to me . I still need to watch on the internet :whistle:

homedepot20

Well the season is over for the Birds , BUT what a season . 93 WINS , 1st playoff appearance in 14 years . Can't wait for next year . Hopefully the O's can sign a proven Veteran DH during the offseason . THANK YOU O's

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I really really really hate the Yankees with a passion, along with their obnoxious fans.

Great season, O's! :yahoo:

Go Nationals :yay:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Johnson should have pulled Gonzalez in the 5th when he started losing his stuff. Can't wait to see Strasburg go for the entire 162+ next season, no more shutting down one of your studs.

On the bright side:
1) This is a young team especially the pitching staff. When they all learn to trust their stuff instead of trying to place their pitches, they'll do better.

2) How good was it to see a Washington sports stadium filled to capacity with hometown fans? Nothing like a Redskins game with 1/3 or better opposing fans in the seats.

Thanks for a great season Nat's and O's, see you in April!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Johnson should have pulled Gonzalez in the 5th when he started losing his stuff.

I watched in horror as Gio came out in the 3rd, the 4th and the 5th. After the second I told myself, no way he's see's 3. No effing way.

Davey, to me, failed, big time, enormous, last night. Gonzalez was all over the place to start and it didn't get ANY better inning by inning. That the Cards helped him out for a few innings ain't exactly what you want as barometer as to how he's doing. I thought he, Johnson, manged as though it was mid season and he was simply trying to get to 5 or 6 to spare an over worked pull pen.

How in the flying hell do you leave all those cards, so to speak, in the bull pen, un-played, in this game????? My god, hours before, those guys, all of them, struck out everything they looked at, blowing people away, and you let your starter flounder about until...until it blows up in your freaking face???

HUGE fail in my view.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
On the bright side:
1) This is a young team especially the pitching staff. When they all learn to trust their stuff instead of trying to place their pitches, they'll do better. The club seems to have done a really good job of building within and making solid FA decisions.

2) How good was it to see a Washington sports stadium filled to capacity with hometown fans? Nothing like a Redskins game with 1/3 or better opposing fans in the seats. Let the Skins make the playoffs and actually have a home game, that'll change.

Thanks for a great season Nat's and O's, see you in April!

Yup. They both made baseball fun for a bit. :buddies:

thurley42

HY;FR
Talk about walking dead, last nights departure from the park was a zombie walk for sure. I don't think I spoke until halfway home b

homedepot20

Talk about walking dead, last nights departure from the park was a zombie walk for sure. I don't think I spoke until halfway home b

From what I remember of that area , ( may have changed) LEAVING any part of S/E Washington :killingme ALIVE or NOT MUGGED is a miracle :whistle:

thurley42

HY;FR
From what I remember of that area , ( may have changed) LEAVING any part of S/E Washington :killingme ALIVE or NOT MUGGED is a miracle :whistle:

It's changed greatly. They are completely renovating the waterfront area from the yard to Capitol st. Putting in nice shopping, dining, and apartments.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
It's changed greatly. They are completely renovating the waterfront area from the yard to Capitol st. Putting in nice shopping, dining, and apartments.

Oh it still happens, at least 2 people were assaulted in that area in the past 3 months after late games.

homedepot20

Isn't it great to see those Damn Yankees SWEPT by Detroit in the ALCS . Hopefully next year the Birds can do the same to NY.

Last edited: