Ambulance Association Supports Tax Increase for Second, Ninth Districts

This_person

Just because your friend has a low opinion of those people does not mean there are incapable. Maybe they are at the meetings he does not attend. Maybe they are getting trained at other times and locations.

And, maybe we have just never come across the unicorn yet, but it's really there.

The question wasn't about capability, it was about actual performance. Meeting attendance is not the question, it is actually running calls.

If they're getting signed off for training when they don't participate, why would they go to other training?

MiddleGround

Just because your friend has a low opinion of those people does not mean there are incapable. Maybe they are at the meetings he does not attend. Maybe they are getting trained at other times and locations.

He is at EVERY meeting and he attends EVERY training. He has to.

It is not a "low opinion." It is stated facts based on what he sees with his own eyes and hears with his own ears. He tells me all the time about how he has to fully suit up and crawl around during training scenarios but the old timers just sit on the sidelines and BS. I don't want these guys responding to emergencies.

The same old timers are the ones who never vote to change the rules regarding qualifications. So, it's a scenario like I mentioned before. The tenured professors who really don't care anymore.

stgislander

PREMO Member
It appears that this ambulance association's statement is muddying the waters. The original tax increase was proposed to pay for 2nd District's new Taj Mahal station. When public sentiment was overwhelming against, the idea of reimbursing the Rescue Squad was added. If reimbursing the Rescue Squad is a problem, make that a separate issue not tied to the new station.

NTNG

It appears that this ambulance association's statement is muddying the waters. The original tax increase was proposed to pay for 2nd District's new Taj Mahal station. When public sentiment was overwhelming against, the idea of reimbursing the Rescue Squad was added. If reimbursing the Rescue Squad is a problem, make that a separate issue not tied to the new station.

Agreed. Co. 6 should publish their EMS and Fire budgets for the last "X" number of years. Show just how many head blocks and long boards you've had to purchase due to medevac's away from St. Mary's county? ( if they board and collar a patient to St. Mary's, they get them back > How much is budgeted for training? What happens to the funds if they are not spent? Do they get rolled over into the next FY, or just absorbed into the general operating budget? Fire Fighting clothing, and special clothing for EMS is mandatory. How much is spent on " uniforms"? so they can go to a parade or a social function? It appears that the funding/tax increase for the proposed new building is going to be treated much like "hitting the lottery"

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Do they NEED an $8 million dollar complex, maybe a 6 million one would suffice... b.

Why hasn't anyone from the organization answered a single one of the questions they were handed? I'm stuck firmly on "not one thin dime more, the current building is fine" until somebody comes up with some coherent and well-supported answers on VERY specifically how this 6-8 million dollar Taj Mahal is going to improves services provided.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Ambulance Association Supports Tax Increase for Second, Ninth Districts

Date: 01-01-2018 11:56 PM

Summary: The St. Mary's County Ambulance and Rescue Association (SMCARA) has thrown its support behind a controversial request for an increase in the fire and rescue tax for the Second District Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad in Valley Lee.

Click here for the full story...

So why does the second district need a new station?

stgislander

PREMO Member
So why does the second district need a new station?

Because a new station will make recruiting new fire and EMS personnel easier. (Their words, not mine.) Plus they've said they cannot expand the current station building any further.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Plus they've said they cannot expand the current station building any further.

Odd. Somehow they managed to put a nice addition on the 7D fire station. And renovated the old Faunce seafood building to make a nice building for the Ladies VRS Auxilliary... I'm pretty sure the two of those combined was a lot less than 8 million...

nutz

He is at EVERY meeting and he attends EVERY training. He has to.

It is not a "low opinion." It is stated facts based on what he sees with his own eyes and hears with his own ears. He tells me all the time about how he has to fully suit up and crawl around during training scenarios but the old timers just sit on the sidelines and BS. I don't want these guys responding to emergencies.

The same old timers are the ones who never vote to change the rules regarding qualifications. So, it's a scenario like I mentioned before. The tenured professors who really don't care anymore.

Does he attend the chiefs meetings? Board meetings for the company and/or county? How many of the state meetings does he go to? Does he ever take classes at other stations?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Ambulance Association Supports Tax Increase for Second, Ninth Districts

Date: 01-01-2018 11:56 PM

Summary: The St. Mary's County Ambulance and Rescue Association (SMCARA) has thrown its support behind a controversial request for an increase in the fire and rescue tax for the Second District Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad in Valley Lee.

Click here for the full story...

Who are these guys......? I can't find anything about them. Union, Trade Association, one guy with a PO Box?

nutz

Because a new station will make recruiting new fire and EMS personnel easier. (Their words, not mine.) Plus they've said they cannot expand the current station building any further.

County restrictions on their current location?

nutz

Who are these guys......? I can't find anything about them. Union, Trade Association, one guy with a PO Box?

maybe

Ambulance and Rescue Association, St. Mary's County
PO Box 271
Leonardtown, MD 20650
301-994-0528

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
maybe

Ambulance and Rescue Association, St. Mary's County
PO Box 271
Leonardtown, MD 20650
301-994-0528

That’s all I could find also.
So, if they are nothing, why are they made to look like something in the article?
Looks like someone has an agenda......just sayin’

This_person

Does he attend the chiefs meetings? Board meetings for the company and/or county? How many of the state meetings does he go to? Does he ever take classes at other stations?

How many calls are run out of the chiefs meetings/board meetings? How much training participation is done at those meetings?

In other words, why are you deflecting from the actual points made (calls not run honestly, no participation in training when they are there) and instead bringing up other points?

If these guys are so valuable, instead of sitting back during training they attend, they should be in the mix showing how their experience and previous training taught them to do things, not sitting back bull####ting. You are making points that do not address the issue, and don't even pass a simple logic smell test.

Try again.

MiddleGround

how many calls are run out of the chiefs meetings/board meetings? How much training participation is done at those meetings?

In other words, why are you deflecting from the actual points made (calls not run honestly, no participation in training when they are there) and instead bringing up other points?

If these guys are so valuable, instead of sitting back during training they attend, they should be in the mix showing how their experience and previous training taught them to do things, not sitting back bull####ting. You are making points that do not address the issue, and don't even pass a simple logic smell test.

Try again.

this ^^