Ambulance Association Supports Tax Increase for Second, Ninth Districts

black dog

Free America
If you drain your hose outside and keep it close to the spigot instead of letting it sit there full of water and freeze on the clod nights you will have a source to put out a small fire.
I know mine is ready for use. The same as my firearms.

I have a bunch of these new found things called commercial Fire Extinguishers...CO2 and ABC...

Hijinx

Like pissing in the wind....

Depends on the stage the fire is in. I can put out a mattress or pan of food or maybe even a room and contents depending on the stage it's in.
I also have extinguishers in my home which are also pissing in the ind if the place is well off.
But my hose will not run out of water like the extinguisher will run out of it's contents.

Hijinx

And Bethesda has Paid Fireman... And I believe in the same firehouses as when I was a kid in the 60's... BCC rescue squad, same building for about 50 years...

Well we have been discussing St. Mary's County and the Companies in St. Mary's County are not al the same so why does it seem strange to speak of Montgomery County,instead of one Company in that County.

black dog

Free America
No one at my VFD..tonight..by the time someone sees my house is on fire, to the time the call goes out, to the time they may or not show up my house is gone....but we have a pretty place with lots of equipment that most do not know how to use...

Same same with my place in Southern Indiana, nearest neighbor is at least 3/4 of a mile.. it would be a foundation and a chimney before they got there I would guess.

black dog

Free America
Well we have been discussing St. Mary's County and the Companies in St. Mary's County are not al the same so why does it seem strange to speak of Montgomery County,instead of one Company in that County.

I brought the township I live in in Indiana and Bethesda into the conversation about paid Fireman.. along with that St Mary's can afford paid Fireman...
The point I was making was Bethesda had paid Fireman long before it was the expensive hip place to live..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Depends on the stage the fire is in. I can put out a mattress or pan of food or maybe even a room and contents depending on the stage it's in.
I also have extinguishers in my home which are also pissing in the ind if the place is well off.
But my hose will not run out of water like the extinguisher will run out of it's contents.
maybe someday second district will manage to get water out of fire hoses too.

black dog

Free America

My paid Fireman and emt's will arrive at my home in under 2 min easily, they are about 9 blocks away. Plus the retired Chief and and his father ( retired Chief before him ) live behind me just across the alley. We have excellent fire and emt service in the town I live in.. Paid Professionals.
And they have yet to roll over any equipment to date..

Hijinx

Explain how the new palace will improve service and performance.

I want to get back to this and give you an answer.
If you had read my posts you would see that not once did I offer my opinion on whether or not they should have a new Firehouse.
I did say that the Ambulance association should have stayed out of it.
Unlike other Companies in the county I believe the ambulance is still stationed in the Fire Department building.
The only thing I offered up in response to a new building was that I spoke to a member of another Country department and he said that the doors to that building were not high enough for them to back in when they got transferred to that station. Which means that if they are transferred in freezing weather their pumps might freeze.

Again I have told in my posts of the problems of getting enough volunteers, I spoke of hiring people, I spoke of the problem of a company scratching or not getting out on calls.
I spoke of people who do not see the worth of the seniors in their departments. I can tell you from fact that in My District during the day it is the seniors and a couple of men off from work as Firefighter in other places.that are getting the Fire apparatus on the road.Perhaps one or two others if the luck is good.

Now why should they build a new station. I don't know since IO have never been in their building. But I do know Fire apparatus is getting bigger and higher it taks more room than back in the 50's when I believe this building was built. Like so many of the stations in St. Mary's I assume it has grown like topsy. An addition her and another there. Not all fitting like a puzzle piece and leaving a lot to be desired. Few of these older stations had bunkrooms which it seems they all want now. The one in the 7th Dist. that you mentioned had no handicapped restrooms or showers until the new addition. Nice to have a warm shower on a cold night after a fire.
I wonder if the station they want replaced has either. Next you might say why a handicapped bathroom> The law.

Like I have stated I am all for paid Firefighters, You want a first class Grade A system come up with the money.
I volunteer for the community, not as a hobby. I get up at 3 in the morning put my pants on, seldom socks a sweat shirt coat and get on the road. and go out in the cold because someone needs me, and the county dispatcher only gives us 5 minutes before they dispatch another company.
If that makes me a moron I gladly accept the title.

The Fire Departments in St. Marys county may make a mistake but their hearts are in the right place, and they accept recruits.
Join up and make it better.

Last edited:

Hijinx

My paid Fireman and emt's will arrive at my home in under 2 min easily, they are about 9 blocks away. Plus the retired Chief and and his father ( retired Chief before him ) live behind me just across the alley. We have excellent fire and emt service in the town I live in.. Paid Professionals.
And they have yet to roll over any equipment to date..

well that's great I have said here that I think Firefighters should be paid .
But not everyone can live at the Fire stations back door even so.

Take Leonardtown and lets for the sake of argument say they are sleeping at the Firehouse and get out in two minutes./
But the call is in Loveville. That's another ten minutes. A 30,000 lb fire truck cannot fly.
Fire can move fast and ten minutes is a long time.
How close is the next due engine ,if the one next to you is out on another call,or a medical local?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I want to get back to this and give you an answer.
If you had read my posts you would see that not once did I offer my opinion on whether or not they should have a new Firehouse.
I did say that the Ambulance association should have stayed out of it.
Unlike other Companies in the county I believe the ambulance is still stationed in the Fire Department building.
The only thing I offered up in response to a new building was that I spoke to a member of another Country department and he said that the doors to that building were not high enough for them to back in when they got transferred to that station. Which means that if they are transferred in freezing weather their pumps might freeze.

Again I have told in my posts of the problems of getting enough volunteers, I spoke of hiring people, I spoke of the problem of a company scratching or not getting out on calls.
I spoke of people who do not see the worth of the seniors in their departments. I can tell you from fact that in My District during the day it is the seniors and a couple of men off from work as Firefighter in other places.that are getting the Fire apparatus on the road.Perhaps one or two others if the luck is good.

Now why should they build a new station. I don't know since IO have never been in their building. But I do know Fire apparatus is getting bigger and higher it taks more room than back in the 50's when I believe this building was built. Like so many of the stations in St. Mary's I assume it has grown like topsy. An addition her and another there. Not all fitting like a puzzle piece and leaving a lot to be desired. Few of these older stations had bunkrooms which it seems they all want now. The one in the 7th Dist. that you mentioned had no handicapped restrooms or showers until the new addition. Nice to have a warm shower on a cold night after a fire.
I wonder if the station they want replaced has either. Next you might say why a handicapped bathroom> The law.

Like I have stated I am all for paid Firefighters, You want a first class Grade A system come up with the money.
I volunteer for the community, not as a hobby. I get up at 3 in the morning put my pants on, seldom socks a sweat shirt coat and get on the road. on and go out in the cold because someone needs me, and the county dispatcher only gives us 5 minutes before they dispatch another company.
If that makes me a moron I gladly accept the title.

The Fire Departments in St. Marys county may make a mistake but their hearts are in the right place, and they accept recruits.
Join up and make it better.
No. What you did is run your mouth about something you knew nothing about. Go away.

Hijinx

I believe that station is closed due to a lack of Volunteers. i believe the equipment has been removed, not certain. It was a big mistake building it without a guarantee that they would get enough people to run it. But like I have said over and over in here volunteers are getting hard to find.

Hijinx

No. What you did is run your mouth about something you knew nothing about. Go away.

Every Post I made I know about pardner.
Now if you wish to ignore it that's fine with me.
I can assure you that the opinion you have of me is quite the same as the one I have of you.
IMO you have made a damned fool of yourself in this thread. Congratulations.

black dog

Free America
well that's great I have said here that I think Firefighters should be paid .
But not everyone can live at the Fire stations back door even so.

Take Leonardtown and lets for the sake of argument say they are sleeping at the Firehouse and get out in two minutes./
But the call is in Loveville. That's another ten minutes. A 30,000 lb fire truck cannot fly.
Fire can move fast and ten minutes is a long time.
How close is the next due engine ,if the one next to you is out on another call,or a medical local?

That's one of the luxurys of living intown.. living in a rural area comes with consequences, one of those is slow response times or non existent county services.
That's why so many rural homes have ponds next to the main house. It wasn't dug for fishing.

black dog

Free America
I believe that station is closed due to a lack of Volunteers. i believe the equipment has been removed, not certain. It was a big mistake building it without a guarantee that they would get enough people to run it. But like I have said over and over in here volunteers are getting hard to find.

It did close for that reason... I would hope the equipment has been redistributed by now.

Hijinx

That's one of the luxurys of living intown.. living in a rural area comes with consequences, one of those is slow response times or non existent county services.
That's why so many rural homes have ponds next to the main house. It wasn't dug for fishing.

That's true it is also why most companies in St. Mary's county have tankers.