An Inspirational 10 year old young rider!!!!

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
:killingme:
that's for everything going on! and I don't believe Sadie is a green-eyed monster. I don't see why she would be jealous. :whistle:

Devine, I could tell that you were talking about Trainers not the different styles. I ride english and most of you know that and I school my horse in a shank sometimes. I ride AQHA so that is typical. Most english trainers for AQHA also train western and they use western tack while schooling not english. Devine also stated that some trainers are harder on their horses and that's the truth. Being western or english does not determine that, you and your trainer do. I know for a fact I will let my horse get away with stuff like going thru his blanket tub but if he acts dumb in the ring or while I'm mounted, he better watch out.

Now on a different note, I will point out the differences in the western and english world. Western horses that ive seen are normally alot better behaved and thats because western trainers are alot less compassionant(sp) then english ones. western don't baby their horses while training and I respect that. Everything about a horse goes right back to the trainer and owner and how they worked with it. Horses have a job and they must deliever that job with respect to the boss(us) just like we would in the business world. I would much rather a western trainer over an english. And please don't correct my grammar because I really don't give a S***. I can write properly if I want too, I just choose not too.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Wow, :eyebrow: when I made the orginal post I didn't know it would stir so many things up. Wasn't trying to compare English to Western. I was more impressed by a 10yr old with such Drive, Self motivation, Desire, Understand, Excitement for the horse sport, (you get the picture) that I thought it would uplift other riders to strive for what they want in respect to their riding and to not give up. With hard work and perserverance anything is possible. No matter if you rode English or Western.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
:killingme:
that's for everything going on! and I don't believe Sadie is a green-eyed monster. I don't see why she would be jealous. :whistle:

Devine, I could tell that you were talking about Trainers not the different styles. I ride english and most of you know that and I school my horse in a shank sometimes. I ride AQHA so that is typical. Most english trainers for AQHA also train western and they use western tack while schooling not english. Devine also stated that some trainers are harder on their horses and that's the truth. Being western or english does not determine that, you and your trainer do. I know for a fact I will let my horse get away with stuff like going thru his blanket tub but if he acts dumb in the ring or while I'm mounted, he better watch out.

Now on a different note, I will point out the differences in the western and english world. Western horses that ive seen are normally alot better behaved and thats because western trainers are alot less compassionant(sp) then english ones. western don't baby their horses while training and I respect that. Everything about a horse goes right back to the trainer and owner and how they worked with it. Horses have a job and they must deliever that job with respect to the boss(us) just like we would in the business world. I would much rather a western trainer over an english. And please don't correct my grammar because I really don't give a S***. I can write properly if I want too, I just choose not too.

Alot of styles of training have to do with the temperment of the horse. I have just really started training quarter horses the last few few years and I am AMAZED at how "good" they are. I am so used to dealing with flighty TBs that I thought there was something wrong with young QHs I worked with. I wondered if they were drugged they were so calm in the beginning. I know that is a generalization, but the reality is different breeds are trained in ways that best suit their temperment. If I was too tough on some of the TBs I have worked with I would have been on the ground! Western and English are very different sports too. I have shown both up to the National level. Each sport takes dedication and training to be very good. Those horses in the videos obviously have a lot of training, and the 10-yr-old obviously has had a lot of training herself. It is funny how we can turn a thread into such a big deal.:buddies:

Duckz

I have blue eyes!!:razz: Hey you guys keep that cold weather up there. It is going to be 56 here today. (BRRRRR) I had to turn on the heat. Luckily it will 70 again tomorrow.:buddies:

Okay Sadie, stir the pot as much as you want, but NO BRAGGING ABOUT WARM WEATHER!!!

Sheesh :smack:

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Trainers of all diciplines have their good points and bad points. Not all ________ are hard on their horses. Not all _________ are easy on their horses. (you fill in the blank)A good trainer will be firm but fair with their horse whichever dicipline he or she rides. If you are a good trainer, there is no reason you can not get a horse to do everything you want on a very light bit.

With all of that being said, Devine is an exceptional rider and trainer. I think the world of her and am very impressed with her fair hands and progression of aids. She works exceptionally well with young horses and can start a horse the right way for either dicipline.

Now, on the issue of the 10 year old girl. She IS exceptional. If you are ever in the same room with that kid, she shines like a diamond. She is confident, determined, and she has to work much harder than any of us who are fortunate to have two hands. We all take what we have for granted. It is not just about balance. It is about each and every thing we do with a horse. When we lead a horse, when we lounge a horse, when we work on ground training with our horses. We have two hands. She does not. I have watched this kid, in person. She is very impressive in how she works with her horse. She has worked with Tommy Turvey in training her pony to do several difficult tricks including the lay down. I've tried with with two good hands and I SUCK!! lol She is so much better than me.

devinej

yesh SHHEEESH Sadie!

And thanks you Busterduck! you are too kind - i certainly try to be as you described and keep my red head temper under wraps haha

and i would love to see that kid do her stuff in person. i can't imagine trying to do this horse stuff with only one good arm and hand. she must have to think very creatively and out of the box to get things done, and i think that is a fantastic and necessary skill to have with horses if we don't want to have to use force and harsh bits. and the idea that she as a 10 year old is doing this stuff that we as much older equestrians look at and think "uhhhhh how they do that?" is pretty awesome.

(Of course i had to try it out on my own horse yesterday hehehe, got a peice of baling twine around the neck...bridle ON of course. he did great in the arena. not that great on the trail...go figure haha. i'm gonna work on it, he's so sensitive.)

on another note, check out this guy:
YouTube - Nevzorov Haute Ecole