An unrighteous fear of God

servant

To those, who before the age of reason were lead into bondage to an unrighteous fear of God through demands of unquestioning faith in perverse Biblical doctrines which promote self-hatred and passive ignorance. To the atheist, whose mind was made hostile towards belief in God because of abominable things said of God by primitive men, yet are proclaimed by the self-called to be the spokesmen of God. And to the agnostic, who in being truthful with self and God, refuse to please priests or men by crucifying their mind to believe in superstitious mumbo-jumbo that is foolishly claimed to be divinely inspired truths.

Harrington Sites: http://home.kscable.com/galatians/

Multiple Sites dedicated to revealing the Spiritual duality of the Bible; for it is due to the confusion sown by the Spiritual duality of the Bible that both good and evil is done in God's name according to the nature and desire of one's Spiritual heart.

Hessian

This kind of wacky stuff was stamped out in the Apostle's time and councils like Nicea. They are trying to write a new faith and discard the scriptures...so, "Let's make it up as we go along 'crowd'."
Read up on Harrington...he floats around the religious world like a feather in a gale...picking, following, rejecting, criticizing...Faith for him is a salad bar.

I hope nobody is intrigued by the clever mystical wording...A servant is one who follows,-not running around trying to pump life in an old heresy.
Veritas.

(Edited by Hessian at 6:47 pm on Mar. 2, 2002)

servant

At least I don’t believe that God is a butcher of babies. Whereas, goats do!

The Christian Dilemma: The problems of trying to reconcile belief in a God of love, that is said to be a butcher of children?

Having been made spiritually blind through observing doctrines of faith in what men have said of God rather than in God alone, a priestly millstone is placed around the necks of Christians: How to justify belief in a God of love, who is said to have commanded the slaughter of children?

When the captives of that House of Bondage are confronted with vile things said of God in 1 Samuel 15:2-3, an imposed unrighteous fear of God compels them to try and rationalize away what they not only intuitively know has been irrationally said of God, but wickedly said of God. For the requirements of the priestly religions of bondage is an unquestioning faith in the divine inspiration of the Bible. A requirement that demands the crucifying of the mind so that what is obvious can be denied. For it is by the crucifying of their mind to deny the obvious that the captives of the Houses of Bondage render themselves to become both a deceiver and the deceived.

For it is not out of love of God, nor love of truth, but an unrighteous fear of God that causes them to try and justify the wicked deeds of 1 Samuel 15:2-3 by either dishonestly claiming that such things said of God are beyond our understanding. Or by claiming that although what is said of God in 1 Samuel 15:2-3 may seem wicked, God, nevertheless, commanded these things for a righteous purpose. And they offer every imaginable scenario of how hacking defeated men, women and little children to death could be righteous. It is by these deceitful efforts to avoid being truthful concerning 1 Samuel 15:2-3 and other similar scriptures that the priestly pollution of their mind is made manifest to all who are not spiritually blind.

Now though a goat has no trouble in believing what is said of God in 1 Samuel 15:2-3 the sheep most certainly do, and thus, being troubled by such things they purposely seek to avoid personalizing what is claimed of God in1 Samuel 15:2-3. For they know that to personalize such things it would forced to be truthful with what they are most fearful of; questioning what the Bible has said of God.

For they know that if they had to truthfully testify as to whether or not they would have been obedient to the commands of 1 Samuel 15:2-3, their faith in the credibility of the Bible would be challenged. For if they were to say that they would have participated in hacking men, women, and little children to death, they would be acknowledging that their spiritual nature is one with the religious terrorist of today. But on the other hand, if they said they would have refused to participate in that ungodly slaughter, in essence, they would be claiming to be more righteous than that perverse one of bloody sacrifices whom they falsely claim to adore.

Children of God, dung is dung regardless of where it is found. And those claiming to be called of God, yet claims it was God who commanded the perverse things of 1 Samuel 15:2-3 are but self-called preachers of dung! For who has said to you that God did such vile things, was it priests or God?

Children of God, what say you? Does the Spirit of Truth confirm within your Spiritual heart that what is said of God in 1 Samuel 15:2-3 speaks truthfully of your heavenly Father?

1 SAMUEL 15:2-3 Thus says the Lord of hosts, 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did in opposing the Israelites when they came up out of Egypt. (3) Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but KILL both man and woman, CHILD AND INFANT, ox and sheep, camels and donkey!

Harrington Sites: Dedicated to revealing the Spiritual duality of the Bible. For it is due to confusion sown by the Bible's Spiritual duality that both good and evil are sown in the name of God.

HARRINGTON SITES - http://home.kscable.com/galatians/

It serves neither God nor truth to try and rationalize irrational things the Bible says of God.

Y

yornoc

Whoever wrote this stuff needs to read/study the Bible... not just one section, but the Bible as a whole.  If I take one section of any book (fact or fiction) and concentrate on a single (or few) section(s), I'll never understand the author intention.  

Even if you don't have an open mind, you will (at least) get a better understanding.

Christy

b*tch rocket
You know, what I find amazing is that G-d is such a complex issue.  I don't know, maybe I'm a heretic or just plain psycho, but why do people get so wrapped up into caring about how someone else worships G-d?  Hence the quagmire we have now and have had since the beginning of time.  Everybody gotta tell everybody else how G-d wants us to believe.  Like any of us totally know?  The Muslims think they are right, the Jews think they know what's right, the Christians think they know what is right, and it's all very similar (and don't nobody be bringing up the Buddhist and Hindus, it's still all the same when you get to the core).

What burns my behind is that sooooo many people use G-d as an excuse.  An excuse to be sh!t heads and rationalize killing people "who aren't how they are".  What a friggin copout.  

I'm the first to want to turn the Middle East into a nuclear wasteland, but it has nothing to do with G-d, it has to do with protecting myself and my children from psychos who think it's okay to kill me or my kids.

Anyway, I've gone way off on a tangent! :)

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Christy,  

Number 1, Why cant't you write out GOD!  If you want to protect you and your children, then why don't you start to believe in him!!!  

Isn't funny that after 9/11 everyone is starting to believe in GOD!  Good, it is the founding of our country!!!

jimmy

Drunkard
The founding of our country????  That's funny. Most of the founding fathers we're Deists who didnt' buy into Christianity or the Bible anyway....And no, it's NOT funny to me that after 9/11 people are starting to belive in God...it makes perfect sense. When people experience traumatic experiences and feel that the world is out of their control, they need to feel like there's something bigger out there in control of it all...it's comforting. It's the crutch-factor of religion. So it doesn't surprise me at all that people are turning to God at this time.  For ME, though, that's just further proof that he, as organized religion explains him, DOESN'T exist...when it's such an obvious human-need-based creation

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Jimmy,
 how can you say that.  That religion is a human-need-based creation?  It is over thousand years old and was witnessed by people.  I was reading a post from you and it said that you were once a religious person.  What happened?  Why did you stop believing?

BudoPo

Missi,

Religion is a human creation.  God(s) are something else.  Religion is the worship of gods, not the gods themselves.  (I used the plural "gods" due to the many, many deities worshipped over the millenia).

As for not spelling out "God", some people spell it as "G-d", since they feel that it'd be irreverant to write the name of God, so it's kind of like an abbreviation.  That didn't come out quite how I wanted it to, but I think you get the idea.

Jimmy, I don't quite follow your logic about how people using religion as a crutch is evidence that God doesn't exist.  I do agree, though, that religion is often used as a crutch in difficult times.

jimmy

Drunkard
Well, Budo, it did kinda come out hasty as I didnt' want to necessarily go into all (time reasons). I'll probably post tomorrow. But the basis of my feeling is that when you look at the "God/Religion" phenomena from a sociological stand point, it becomes obvious that religion and God were ideas created by man to explain that which he couldn't understand. All the "witnesses" to miricles, deities, messages from God; that's all speculative at best. People have seen UFO's but that doesn't mean I have to belive that.  Like I said, I'll get into it more later but that's the basis of my thought process.

Missi,
I had a break from religion before I went to college. I felt that religion was holding me back from experiencing life and everything that all people have to offer. It leads people to be close-minded, one-dimensional, and unable/willing to think for themselves.  Plus, I'm a very logic/rationale-based person and need things to make sense if I'm gonna buy into them.  It probably also didn't help that my experience was with the Southern Baptist Church (fundamentalists) who, in my opinion, are the worst of the religious types (fundamentalists of ANY religion). More on that later too if you want...

Christy

b*tch rocket
Uh Missi, read more of my posts.  I'm a HUGE believer in God.  I'm just not a big believer in religion.  And I never once said you couldn't write about God.  I simply stated my exasperation over why everyone must get their panties in a bunch over what someone else believes.  For instance, I could care less that my heathen, non believing, going to hell, forum buddy Vrai doesn't believe in God. :wink:  No skin off my back.  I also don't care if the "bible thumpers" believe I'm doomed to eternity in Hell because I don't go to church every Sunday and sing Ave Maria.  I know where I stand with God.  He's there everyday to thump me on the head and assist me in pulling my head out of my arse.  The world would be a much better place if everyone paid more attention to their own relationship with God rather than forcing their own jaded views upon those who don't believe to the letter what they do.  Know what I'm sayin?

BudoPo

Jimmy,

I pretty much agree with you.  Gods (and their associated religions) were created to explain things.  I also whole heartedly agree about fundamentalists (and have more than once had stand around politely while people tried to save me - very annoying).  I know a few people who are rather religious (though I wouldn't call some of them fundamentalists), and they do have small, closed minds.  I personally find these people annoying and leave them to their own beliefs.  I, personally, try very hard to really keep an open mind about pretty much everthing.  There's so much out there to learn that a going through life with blinders on makes no sense.

I, too, am a pretty logical type person.  However, that, too, can put the blinders on.  That is, logical types tend to dismiss ideas that don't fit their views, too.  A good example is plate tectonics.  Originally, the idea of whole continents floating on liquid rock was ridiculed, but later turned out to be correct.  What I'm trying to say is that the important thing is to keep an open mind and form opinions only after a little investigation.

jimmy

Drunkard
Oh yeah, BudoPo, and I try to be aware of that. There's nothing I like more than having something that I've been "sure" of all my life, be shown to me in a different light...for me, that's what the great thing about going to college was. So many different view points and ways of seeing the world. I just want to be a well-rounded person, allowing the possibility for anything to be true...but with the religion thing, it's not like I KNOW it not to be true, it's just how my thinking at this time is leading me and I can't see it being any different in the near future. But that's why I like getting into these arguments. I present my views and see if anyone can challenge them in a way that makes me really question my own view. However, most of what I have gotten thus far, I have been able to refute and, therefore, it may seem to some that I don't have an open mind. Take for example the homosexuality debate and the harry potter debate. Aside from BigBrotherCon's well-thought-out response (on which we eventually found some agreement), I really felt that nothing was prestented to me that really made me think...but it was fun, for one, and I really miss all the debate etc since I've graduated...so it's like exercise in a way....

BudoPo

Jimmy,

I think you and I are pretty much on the same page.  I didn't mean to imply that you sounded like you don't have an open mind (quite the contrary).  I just wanted to point out that some logical-type people can become fanatical in not believing things that are difficult to prove.  Rather than proceeding from "it might be so" and investigating, they start from "it can't possibly be so" and don't even start investigating.  I just wanted to point out the pitfall.

Yeah, the Harry Potter debate.  I jumped in that one a bit, since some people were associating Wicca with Satanism.  I kind of liked that thread, too.  I didn't get into the homosexuality debate, though.  Actually, I sometimes find it kind of touchy to voice my views on religion.  I'm not Christian, but most of my friends are, so I usually don't say what I think so as not to offend them.  You know what they say: don't talk about politics and religion.

jimmy

Drunkard
Yeah and in most social settings, that's probably a good idea. But at least here, you're not really risking that as much. I mean, some of these arguments, were they to take place in a face-to-face social arena would probably dissolve into fist fights. But here, we can talk about these subjects and be free to say the things you may not say in public, if for no other reason then not wanting to offend someone you don't know...that's why I like these forums; everyone at least seems to be being honest.

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Sorry I had to leave yesterday.  I never got explain myself.  I'm not one of those bible/ religious people.  I'm the frist one to say that I'm diffently probley going to hell!  I am a true believer that people can have there own views and everything.  I thought there was no such thing as God, untill I got married, and my husbend made me see!  But I guys don't believe in God that's fine with me.  I'm very opened minded!!  And Christy I'm sorry, you are right on what you said!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good for you, Missi!  Would be nice if others were so tolerant in their religious (or non) views.  I think sometimes people are so insecure in their beliefs that they have to ridicule others for <i>theirs</i>.