And Now For Something Completely Different

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Stopped at Sivaks this afternoon and picked up some sweet potatoes and a butternut squash. He had fresh string beans as well but I'm not a fan of that darn string bean casserole that everyone else serves so didn't get any of those. Gonna talk nice to my brother this evening to see if I can con a half pint of oysters from him. Wife made a pumpkin pie last week and I have one more piece to finish it off this evening so won't have to worry about that on Turkey day. I always eat dessert first!
I LOATHE, hate, despise, detest and generally dislike green bean casserole. Now, throw some oven roasted asparagus in front of me and I'll have funny smelly pee for days. My LW makes a roasted honey cinnamon butternut squash dish that is AH-MAZING.

luvmygdaughters

I LOATHE, hate, despise, detest and generally dislike green bean casserole. Now, throw some oven roasted asparagus in front of me and I'll have funny smelly pee for days. My LW makes a roasted honey cinnamon butternut squash dish that is AH-MAZING.
Yeah, I dont get the whole greenbean casserole thing either. Never been a fan, prefer my greenbeans boiled with new potatoes and some good old, unhealthy ,bacon fat finished with salt and coarse ground black pepper!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Come on..... it's tradition!!!! You go to your kid's school recital but you really don't want to, but you have to! Green bean casserole is on the table or it just isn't Thanksgiving!!! With the awful Campbells mushroom soup and the soggy French's fried onions....

:lol:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We have a confirmation on smoked turkey for tomorrow. It went into the brine last night, I can't wait. Also on the menu slow roasted prime rib, fried oysters, oysters rockerfeller, stuffed ham along with stuffing, brussels sprouts, asparagus, green beans, sweet potatoes and mashed taters w/gravy.

I think I will skip dinner this evening .... 🤤

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Good luck. I took mine out days ago, let it sit on the counter 24 hours, cut it in half, put it in the fridge. As of just now, it was still frozen inside.
We are doing our big meal on Saturday, not tomorrow, so niece can spend the holiday with her Dad.

Usually, I just leave it out overnight in the sink to thaw.

DaSDGuy

Of course Hollywood Firehouse lost our order for stuffed ham!

Hollywood Firehouse - Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. You don't get the chance to fool me twice. We are done. Find someone else for donations.

Thank you Chiefs for coming through. You will be our first call from now on.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member